King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Welcome to King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 22.

The previous thread can be found here.

Before posting, please keep the following in mind:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos may only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself.
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures, are answered in our Member FAQs.
  • Please take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules.
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it.
  • Stay on topic; while it can be tempting, please avoid discussions of an overtly political nature.
  • Be civil and respectful, even when you disagree.
Happy posting!

Royal Family of Jordan Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

Queen Rania laid the cornerstone of the Prince Hashem garden (31st January)
LINK

Wish that Prince Hashem was their with his mother. That is who the garden is named after? Queen Ranis hair is quite nice. I notice that long hair is much in style. Thanks for the photo Humera.

No .....he wasnt there ......:sad:

Queen Rania to patronize family and children workshop
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah on Sunday is expected to patronize the national workshop on Jordan’s accomplishments in the field of family and child protection, which is organized by the National Council of Family Affairs in cooperation with UNICEF. (Petra)

asturiana said:
Queen Rania to patronize family and children workshop
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah on Sunday is expected to patronize the national workshop on Jordan’s accomplishments in the field of family and child protection, which is organized by the National Council of Family Affairs in cooperation with UNICEF. (Petra)

Queen Rania chairs closing session of national workshop on child and family protection

Pictures from Petra:
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2007/Feb/04/18901I.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2007/Feb/04/18902I.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2007/Feb/04/18903I.jpg

King Abdullah meets Israeli Arab Knesset members (4/2/07)
Amman, Feb.4(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the importance of Arab leaderships in Israel in supporting and rallying efforts to move the peace process forward, as well as to find a just solution for Palestinian issue.
LINK

King condemns Israeli actions against the Islamic holy shrines
Amman, Feb. 6 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II expressed deep concern over the Israeli excavations against the Islamic holy shrines in Jerusalem which have been accelerated during the last few hours after the Israeli authorities announced the start of earthworks operations which threaten the foundations of Al Aqsa Mosque.
LINK

Jordan to Mark Anniversary of King Hussein’s Death on Wednesday

/0009/

Amman, Feb. 6 (Petra)—Jordan will mark on Wednesday, February 7, the anniversary of the death of His Majesty King Hussein Bin Talal, who was succeeded by His Majesty King Abdullah II.

LINK

Rich nations to sign $1.5 bln vaccine pact in Italy
ROME (Reuters) - The Group of Seven rich countries will sign an agreement on Friday to provide $1.5 billion to develop vaccines for poor countries, the government of Italy, which is among those heading the initiative, said on Tuesday........

Jordan's Queen Rania will preside over the launch and the G7 officials will explain the programme in person to Pope Benedict at the Vatican on Friday before travelling to Essen in Germany for the G7 meeting, said the Italian ministry in a statement.
LINK

Jordanian leaders from business, civil society and government, including Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, have come together for a symposium with experts from the Middle East and the United States on February 6-7 to expand social and economic opportunities for women in the country through public-private partnerships.
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Rania and King Abdullah visited King Hussein's tomb today as did other members of the Royals
LINK

Queen Rania in Italy

Queen Rania applauds Milan's efforts to promote cross cultural awareness at early age

Milan, Feb. 8 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah, an honorary citizen of Milan, visited the historical city, Thursday, where she and Princess Wijdan, Jordan's Ambassador to Italy, and Mayor Letizia Moratti took part in a class on cultural awareness at Dell’Infanzia School.

...The students welcomed the Queen by performing several songs about peace, in Italian, and greeted her with a peaceful message, in Arabic. The class room which Her Majesty visited was full of symbols of different cultures.

There was a Jordanian flag proudly hung up in the classroom with a welcome note written by the students, with their teacher's help, in Arabic. There was no shortage of rhetorical exchanges in both languages, as the Queen also bade them farewell in Italian. Petra

Lots of wonderful pictures from Petra:
Image Gallery - Click Here

Why did the queen become a honorary citizen of Milan?

Queen Rania in Milan....

lots more pics from Isifa:
here and here
meeting the mayor
She's looking very elegant, rested and fresh. Her hair is still the same length but looks very glossy.

Last edited:
Thanks Humera. Beautiful pictures!

Muslim women don't have to wear veils: Queen Rania
ROME (AFP) - Islam does not require women to wear veils, Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan has said in an interview, calling on Muslim moderates to "make their voices be heard." (yahoo news)

Pope Benedict XVI meets Queen Rania al-Abdullah of Jordan during a private audience at the Vatican, 09 February 2007. Queen Rania of Jordan is in Rome for the launch of a Group of Seven (G7) programme to develop vaccines against diseases that are endemic in poor countries. / ARTURO MARI / OSSERVATORE ROMANO - picture

dazzling, the picture link didnt work for me

busy day in Milan....

From Polfoto:

Queen Rania of Jordan, accompanied by Italian Finance Minister Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, third from left, arrives for a ceremony for the launch of the "Advance Market Commitment" plan for a vaccine program, in Rome, Friday, Feb. 9, 2007. Five nations are funding a US$1.5 billion (1.16 billion) program to encourage drug companies to come up with vaccines to help prevent pneumonia and meningitis, in hopes of saving the lives of at least 5.4 million children by 2030 in the world`s poorest countries. (AP Photo/Alessandra Tarantino)
In this photo released by UIP Interparliamentary Union staff, Queen Rania of Jordan, right, arrives to receive the Mediterranean Prize from UIP president Pierferdinando Casini, left, in Rome`s lower chamber, Friday Feb. 9, 2007. (AP Photo/UIP, HO)
More pics from the launch of the Advance Market Commitment (AMC) plan for vaccines:

Last edited:
Nice Pictures of the Queen, Some of the others links didn't work for me. Would of loved to seen the Picture of the the pope and the Queen....
To be able to stand in from so many people and talk is something i would have a hard time with. Wonder what it was like for Queen Rania to do it for the frist time. I mean it takes a little bit of guts to do it. Now i guess she can do it with her eyes close..Wonder if she ever had someone to guide her. Why I ask,...Is my husband has to do it all the time. I remember when he had to do it for the frist time, which was 20 years ago...Thier was over 1000 people... Queens is really good at what she does. Got to give that!

Humera said:
dazzling, the picture link didnt work for me

thats weird, anyways here are the pictures from getty

Pope Meets Queen Rania Of Jordan At Vatican - pictures

More from Italy...

Queen Rania, GAVI secure funding for vaccine development

Rome, Feb. 9 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, a board member of the GAVI Fund, joined finance ministers and other officials, Friday in launching the new Advanced Market Commitment (AMC) for Vaccines program, a groundbreaking initiative to save the lives of millions of children in the world's poorest countries by providing an estimated $1.5 billion to fund vaccine development.

The governments of Canada, Italy, Norway, Russia, and the United Kingdom launched the first AMC, which is expected to save the lives of 5.4 million children by 2030. The pilot represents the first step in a historic effort to create a market for life-saving vaccines for children in the world’s poorest countries. The new initiative will target pneumococcal disease, a major cause of pneumonia and meningitis that kills 1.6 million people every year. Petra

From Petra:
Photo

From Viennareport
Image Gallery - Click Here

Queen Rania recognized for work in social advancement, sustainable development

Rome, Feb. 9 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan received an award from the Fondazione Mediterraneo (Mediterranean Foundation) in Italy, Friday, for her commitment to the advancement of social causes and sustainable development.

The foundation, which serves to stimulate partnerships among the Mediterranean, Europe and the Islamic world, recognized Queen Rania for her constant work in defending the rights of children, her commitment to endorsing women's rightful role in society, promoting the education of young women, and her constant efforts to integrate different components of Arab society into a global process. Petra

From Petra:
Photo

King invites Pope to visit Jordan

Amman, Feb. 10 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II has extended an invitation to His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI of the Vatican to visit Jordan. The royal invitation was conveyed to the Pontiff by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al –Abdullah...Petra

Photo 1
Photo 2

That would be great--there are so many Christian holy sites in Jordan. It would be nice if he could visit them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you everyone for the update! It's so great to see Rania involved with such a worthwhile and internationally important cause. Jordan should be very proud of Rania's involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom