The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Terror victims' kin thank king for help

. . . "We just wanted to tell him thank you for everything he did for our family," Jadalhack said. "We knew even if we did get to meet him our time would be short, because he is the king after all, but we were happy for every second." On Nov. 9, 2005, Saleh's sister, Nariman, her brother-in-law, Ariff, and her niece, Bensiana, were killed in a terrorist attack in Amman, Jordan. Link

Queen Rania launches center for care of work animals

Amman, March 19, (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah launched the Garden Sanctuary for Animal Welfare Center, Monday, where free medical services for animal care will be offered to farmers and villagers who depend on animals for their livelihood, for the first time in the Kingdom.

The hospital, which is co-funded by the World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) and the Jordanian government, will provide free services for work animals. There are currently over 45,000 families in Jordan who depend on animal labor for income, either as a means of transportation, to plough, or as food sources.

Queen Rania, who in February 2006 laid the center's foundation stone, toured the facility with Her Royal Highness Princess Alia Al-Hussein, Monday. Petra

Jordan's king urges US, EU to "adopt" Arab peace plan

Amman - After conferring with the Arab League Secretary General Amr Musa King Abdullah II of Jordan Tuesday urged the United States and European Union to 'adopt' the Arab Peace Initiative as a basis for relaunching negotiations between Israel and the Palestinians, according to an official statement. link

Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

Picture for King Abdullah II

BNR:27650 - 23.11.2005 - Jordanien - Amman - Wirtschaftsmission von Grossherzog Henri im Hashemitischen Königreich von Jordanien - Audienz bei König Abdullah II - royals palast © Tom Wagner

Old 03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
This is just another article or anecdote in recent weeks that is kind of making me re-think my original thoughts on Abdullah and Rania. I'm not even Jordanian and it bother's me a little that they own a house in London and that Q. Rania is seen shopping in some well known boutiques around the world. I guess I just think she could ask the question about empowering women to herself. How has she helped empower Jordanian clothing designers? Or is she to busy wearing Prada and Gucci. Hopefully that doesn't seem too harsh, really just calling it like I see it.
It is all about playing the game of the media, the media is always going to point out on what is a hot ticket to sell, look at the story of Anna Nichole Smith, in which she had to no talent yet, she was scandelous. I look at it this way, everyone has their opinion and is entitled to it, but don't believe everything you read, and with the Elle magazine if it granted her exposure for Jordan and herself good, it in the long run ends up being income coming into the country as tourism starts to come in. Is not like most tourist want to visit the Middle East with all of the news being reported.

In my opinion, if the man is working hard, in which he has been doing, why not have him treat himself, the same goes with the Queen, she does a lot of things that we take fro granted, plus she is a mother, wife, and a working woman who represents the government and the country. That is more that many of us do, in our lifetime.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

Jordan's Queen Rania celebrates Mother's Day with children and their mothers from the Hai Nazal area in Amman March 21, 2007.

Pictures from Reuters via Yahoo!News and more pictures from PPE.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
Jordan's Queen Rania celebrates Mother's Day with children and their mothers from the Hai Nazal area in Amman March 21, 2007.

Pictures from Reuters via Yahoo!News and more pictures from PPE.
Good work ....
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Courtier

March 21, Queen Rania joins children and mothers to celebrate Mother's day

http://www.supload.us/free/798I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/800I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/801I.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/802I.jpg/view/

Pictures are from Petra News Agency.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Love the mother's day pictures. I wonder how Queen Rania marks the day with her own kids.
In the last picture from PPE, Rania appears to be reading the card the children made for her.

Queen Rania joins children and mothers of Hai Nazal to celebrate Mother's Day

Amman , March 21, (Petra) Amidst crayons, and cutouts, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah joined children and their mothers from Hai Nazal, Wednesday, to celebrate Mother's Day.

Over 200 children were gathered at the Community Center Association (CCA), preparing greeting cards and other handicrafts for their mothers, when Queen Rania joined them. The children, already excited as they were participating in the day's events at the center, welcomed the Queen enthusiastically by tossing balloons and confetti as she walked in.

When they first learned that the Queen would be visiting the center, the children prepared a greeting card, which they signed and presented to Her Majesty upon her arrival. Petra

King Patronizes Ceremony on the Anniversary of Al Karamah Battle
Image Gallery - Click Here

King, Saudi Monarch discuss Arab summit agenda, situation in region

Riyadh, March 21, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II and King Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz of Saudi Arabia opened talks on Wednesday on issues related to Arab summit in Riyadh next week, development of events in the region and bilateral relations. Petra

Pictures from Petra:
Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3
Old 03-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Gentry

Does Q Ranis has her own salary from the gaverment???

Do you think that Q Raniahas obsession about her appearance!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama

I thought That I am the only who notice that I have the feelling somtimes that she cares more about her appearance and being in the news more than her work.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:12 AM
Gentry

I'd say that it's a combination of both. It seems that she LOVES the camera very much and loves the power that it gives her--here we are all talking about her because we always see her pictures. But she does do a good job too in bringing awareness to certain issues. I also read a long time ago that when she was a college student she wanted to model. I guess she got that in folds. If she were a model with all the media she gets she's be a super model hehehe. I'm surprised that the American media isn't that interested in her. Apart from scheduled air time she doesn't get that much coverage? I wonder why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
I thought That I am the only who notice that I have the feelling somtimes that she cares more about her appearance and being in the news more than her work.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:14 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Does Q Ranis has her own salary from the gaverment???

LeoMama I heard that she does get an annual sum--somewhere around $200,000 a year.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
The woman next to Princess Sarah is Talat Hamdani, an American of Pakistani origin. I first found out about her story a few years ago, it was featured on a documentary called "Its my country too" (about the lives of Muslim Americans since 9/11) by Salman Ahmed (of the Pakistani band Junoon). It was so touching. On the day of the attacks, Talat's son left home but never showed up at work. The authorities questioned his family (believing him to be a suspect/terrorist). They eventually found out that he died in the attacks. The USA Patriot Act hailed him as a "hero," he died trying to help those around him.
Talat represents the Muslims who lost their loved ones during the September 11 attacks, just like the bride and groom represent the victims of the Amman bombings. I thought including these people was a very symbolic and touching gesture, their stories are being repeated in the media, they represent the fact that Muslims, as much as anyone else, the Americans, the western world, are victims of terrorism.
Thanks for that, I had no idea who the lady was. What a moving story. I can recall one of the papers here doing a spread on 9/11 "widows". One of the women was a muslim woman who spoke of her tragic loss, even more upsetting for her was that in the aftermath she was verbally abused on the street (she wore a scarf). She said it was hard moving on because so many people were so hostile towards her and didn't realise her loss was just as great.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
This is just another article or anecdote in recent weeks that is kind of making me re-think my original thoughts on Abdullah and Rania. I'm not even Jordanian and it bother's me a little that they own a house in London
Abdullah is half-British and spent many of his school years at institutions in the UK, is it really so odd that he would own a home here? King Hussein owned a huge home in the US, far more grand than Abdullah's London home, nobody ever found that strange.

They wouldn't be the first Royals to own a home in the UK, many Saudi Royals have apartments/homes here which they stay in during their private visits.

Quote:
and that Q. Rania is seen shopping in some well known boutiques around the world. I guess I just think she could ask the question about empowering women to herself.
So she's not allowed to shop?! The last time I saw photos of Rania shopping anywhere was nearly 2 years ago in Milan. Incidentally, she had just been there to pick up awards commending her official work and had a few hours spare.

Considering how hectic her schedule can be I'm surprised she can even find the time to shop.

Quote:
How has she helped empower Jordanian clothing designers? Or is she to busy wearing Prada and Gucci. Hopefully that doesn't seem too harsh, really just calling it like I see it.
The vast majority of her thobes are Jordanian designed. All Royals wear foregin designs, the only 2 ladies I can think of who stick faithfully (generally speaking) to native designers are Camilla and Letizia. I don't see why Rania should be singled out when there are others who are far worse perpetrators, imo.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Another photos from the Mother's Day event that I came across (Getty).
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-rania-pic.jpg
Old 03-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Condoleeza Rice to meet King Abdullah today
LINK

Special envoy of King Abdullah meets Musharraf
LINK

King receives Iraqi VP
LINK
Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia
Your not the only one! Lately I been wondering the same thing. Wasn't sure if I should be the first to say it. Especially when I notice the Queen started to loose more weight.
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Condoleeza Rice to meet King Abdullah today
Pictures from yahoo news.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Oh really . Thanks
Hey, She gets far less that the president of the United States which is $495,000 a year, and Condi Rice who gets $350,000 plus waredrobe allowance. That does not include the traveling and income generated in investments, and real-estate own.
Old 03-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by polysciir
Hey, She gets far less that the president of the United States which is $495,000 a year, and Condi Rice who gets $350,000 plus waredrobe allowance. That does not include the traveling and income generated in investments, and real-estate own.

I don't think you can compare how much allowance one of the richest countries in the world has to poor little Jordan. And you can't compare Bush to Rania--Bush is the president.
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki
I don't think you can compare how much allowance one of the richest countries in the world has to poor little Jordan. And you can't compare Bush to Rania--Bush is the president.

I agree with you niki you can't compare Bush to rania .But maybe you can compare Lora bush to Rania, Idon't think that lora has her own salary as Rania.