The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera
AUC Offers Permanent Scholarship Named after Queen Rania

Amman, Jan. 18 (Petra) -- The American University in Cairo AUC decided to offer a permanent scholarship every four years named after Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah. Petra

Petra pictures:
Image Gallery - Click Here
Queen Rania looks so stunning in these pictures! Can anyone tell me if this is the first time she has worn these earrings? I've checked the Queen Rania jewelry thread and couldn't find it there. Are these smokey quartz dangling from diamonds?

Also, can anyone identify the designer of her dress. I really love it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best wishes,

Ayvee

Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 PM
Commoner

Jordan king seeks ‘peaceful’ nuclear program

Abdullah tells Israeli paper that ‘rules ... have changed in the entire region’

JERUSALEM - Jordan’s King Abdullah II told an Israeli newspaper Friday that his country wants its own nuclear program.

read entire story here

Old 01-22-2007, 01:03 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
Queen Rania looks so stunning in these pictures! Can anyone tell me if this is the first time she has worn these earrings? I've checked the Queen Rania jewelry thread and couldn't find it there. Are these smokey quartz dangling from diamonds?
Ayvee
No she wore the same earrings one year ago in JRF gala.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama
No one of Q rania kids looks like her.
http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/the...view/9c25?b=27
yes ...thats true ...prince hashem looks like his father KA.
Old 01-22-2007, 06:56 AM
Nobility

Rania's dress is by a designer named Graeme Black. I have just seen the same one on sale in a London department store.

I thought Rania was attending a Global Forum in Bali since yesterday morning. How come there have been no photos yet?

I see from the Petra website that Queen Rania is still in Jordan so obviously she is skipping the Global Forum in Bali.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:55 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

King and Queen receive poet Hayder Mahmoud

Petra
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/3359/18543i4ro.jpg
Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea
Rania's dress is by a designer named Graeme Black. I have just seen the same one on sale in a London department store.
Thanks chelsea! You're absolutely right. I just checked out their website and found it in Fall/Winter 2006 collection.
http://www.graemeblack.com/
Here's the dress that Queen Rania wore:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...lack_rania.jpg

-Ayvee
Old 01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
No she wore the same earrings one year ago in JRF gala.
Salma,

Could you direct me to which gala Queen Rania wore these earrings? Thanks for your help.

Best, Ayvee
Old 01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee
Salma,

Could you direct me to which gala Queen Rania wore these earrings? Thanks for your help.

Best, Ayvee
Hi Ayvee,

JRF celebrate 10th anniversary. October 19, 2005
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...5&d=1129849514
Old 01-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Royal Highness

Queen Rania in Petra city

more pictures plus video: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=491
Old 01-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

I wonder if the information in the Bali forum article was incorrect. I've been through a few websites about the forum, including the official website and one by unesco, however Queen Rania's name doesnt appear to be listed among the panelists or on any of the agenda. I haven't seen Desmond Tutu or Ted Turner's names either. Perhaps someone else can help?

Queen Chairs meeting for JRF Board of Trustees
Photo

King includes educated figures in his care and orders the establishment of a 10million-fund to support cultural movement

Petra Photos of the King and Queen:
Old 01-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea
Not sure I like this dress very much. It looks like she's wearing a shirt underneath a strapless dress. Strange looking and a bit messy. Her face looks pretty though.
http://s2.supload.com/gal/0701183492/0/
Old 01-22-2007, 05:01 PM
Gentry

she is so lucky .she can get what ever she wants , dresses, jewelry . ,,,, her story is like fairy tales . She go to a party and a prince fall in love with her and then she became Queen of jordan. Lucky you q rania i think she never dreamt that this could happen to her:0 so jordanian girls get ready maybe you can become the next queen if u marry prince hussen:)
Old 01-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
Queen Rania in Petra city

more pictures plus video: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=491
Thanks for the video. It looked like Queen Rania was having a hard time walking on the sandy ground
Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I wonder if the information in the Bali forum article was incorrect. I've been through a few websites about the forum, including the official website and one by unesco, however Queen Rania's name doesnt appear to be listed among the panelists or on any of the agenda. I haven't seen Desmond Tutu or Ted Turner's names either. Perhaps someone else can help?

Photo

King includes educated figures in his care and orders the establishment of a 10million-fund to support cultural movement

QR looks stunning in these photos.
Old 01-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godiva
QR looks stunning in these photos.

Curious... Would anyone know where the second picture of the K.and Q. May of been taken? Thanks........
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:36 AM
Nobility

As late as Sunday, Rania was listed on the www.globalpeaceforum.org website as one of the first speakers of January 21. I remember her being listed for 10:15 a.m. Now she's been removed. Since her attendance was announced in advance of the event, I wonder if she pulled out at the last minute.

Quote:

Photo

Old 01-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Royal Highness

King Holds talks with Musharraf (from Petra)
Amman, Jan. 23 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II and President of Pakistan Perves Musharraf on Tuesday held discussions on the bilateral ties and the situation in the Middle East.

Pictures (Gettyimages)
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...%7c0&p=7&tag=1
Old 01-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

More from today...

Queen Meets Spouse of Pakistani President
Amman, Jan. 23 (Petra)—Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday met with the Sehba, the Spouse of Pakistani President Perves Musharraf and discussed with her a number of issues of mutual concern in the field of education and children. PetraQueen Rania meets with MAJ to support coordination among microfinance institutions
Amman, Jan. 23 (Petra)-- The domino effect of microfinance has been improving the quality of life for Jordanian citizens across the Kingdom thanks to the services provided by the numerous microfinance institutions here. While these institutions may be competitors, their common link is that they all recognize the value of the service they are providing for their clients; and, in that spirit the Microfinance Association of Jordan (MAJ) and the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation met, on Tuesday, with Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah to discuss ways in which to unify their strategy and direction in order to maximize their outreach. Petra
Old 01-26-2007, 04:48 AM

Thumbs up

The pics are nice!

Rania is beautiful!