The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania visits Narour medical center
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Dec/12/17790I.htm
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Dec/12/17791I.htm
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Dec/12/17791I.htm
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Dec/12/17792I.htm

Old 12-13-2006, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

King meets ministers, government officials and business leaders

Amman, Dec. 12 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the importance of cooperation between government departments and the private sector activists to encounter economic challenges facing Jordan and find effective solutions to these challenges. PetraQueen highlights role of vaccines in child health

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania highlighted the importance of infant immunisation during a visit to a healthcare centre in Northern Naour on Tuesday.
Speaking to mothers who had brought their newborn babies to be vaccinated, the Queen said inoculating babies is one of the best health investments.
“Immunisations are one of the best investments in health and progress,” she said, adding “they are cost-effective. They work. They last.”
......Queen Rania has served on the board of the Global Alliance for Vaccinations and Immunisations (GAVI) since 2001. Jordan Times

Old 12-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Nobility

I must say, TM are very hard working, aren't they? Does Petra publish a list of how many official engagements and/or official trips they take each year, like the British royals? They seem to be the hardest working monarchs in the Arab world.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Royal Highness

King Departs for Oman (Petra)
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Dec/14/26000.htm
Old 12-14-2006, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
I must say, TM are very hard working, aren't they? Does Petra publish a list of how many official engagements and/or official trips they take each year, like the British royals? They seem to be the hardest working monarchs in the Arab world.
Petra often mentions the public engagements the King and Queen might attend or trips they might take abroad, but no detailed list is made available.

King Abdullah Holds Talks with Sultan of Oman

Muscat, Dec. 14 (Petra) – Ways of enhancing ties between Jordan and Oman were on focus when His Majesty King Abdullah II and Sultan of Oman Sultan Qaboos bin Said met on Thursday. Petra

Photo 1

Photo 2
Old 12-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Royal Highness

King and Queen visit Japan this month

Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah will start official visit for Japan on December 20... (Petra)
Old 12-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana
King and Queen visit Japan this month

Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah will start official visit for Japan on December 20... (Petra)
Maybe to attend p.Rayah Graduation? that's possible isn't it? She's 22 ,isn't she?
Old 12-16-2006, 03:57 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Maybe to attend p.Rayah Graduation? that's possible isn't it? She's 22 ,isn't she?
ٍٍٍ
She will graduate from japan....
Old 12-16-2006, 07:27 AM
Royal Highness

Vote for Queen Rania (Hellomagazine)

http://www.hellomagazine.com/vote/mo...man/index.html
Old 12-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000
ٍٍٍ
She will graduate from japan....
Yes she's studying there
Old 12-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Aristocracy

What is she studying in Japan and what University?
For those who have seen the Earth from space, and for the hundreds and perhaps thousands more who will,The experience most certainly changes your percetive.The things that we share in our world are far more valuable than those which divide us.
Donald Williams.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

The current line of discussion does not belong in this thread. Please post any comments/questions regarding Princess Raiyah in the following thread:
Princess Iman & Princess Raiyah - Current News & Photos II

Any posts regarding King Abdullah and Queen Rania's visit to Japan should be made here

Thank You
Old 12-17-2006, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Queen honours microfinance entrepreneurs

AMMAN — Abeer Mustafa Mohammad, who used to sell natural cosmetic products from home, now employs 14 workers and has a monthly income of JD5,000.
Mohammad, who started with a capital of JD1,000, was among 34 small business entrepreneurs honoured by Her Majesty Queen Rania on Sunday for actively contributing to the Kingdom’s economy.
“You are all wonderful role models for the rest of your community… and your projects are great examples of the way in which microfinance can be such a powerful stepping stone to financial freedom,” Queen Rania told the recipients of the second annual Citigroup Global Microentrepreneurship Award.
The objective of the award, in partnership with the Jordan River Foundation (JRF), is to illustrate the effective role that microfinance plays in poverty alleviation around the world. Jordan TimesKing orders closure of al-Jaffer Prison Center, transforming it into vocational training school

Amman, Dec. 17 (Petra) During his visit to the National Center For Human Rights ( NCHR) on Sunday, His Majesty King Abdullah II ordered the closure of al-Jaffer prison and transforming it into a center for vocational training. The King’s order comes into effect as of tomorrow Monday.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Courtier

I see the last time a woman with Queen Rania. She has a dark brown skin. Is she one of her bodyguards or is she a lady in waiting?

It was too good to be true...
Old 12-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Courtier

you mean QRania,ya, she changed her body guard, it used to be that man we see all the time behind her since she became queen, now it's this lady, don't know much about her
Old 12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

actually I think they're both her bodyguards, the man and the woman.
The lady's seen more frequently with Queen Rania in Jordan than abroad.

NCFA accredited by WHO as center for cooperation against family violence

Amman, Dec. 17 (Petra) The World Health Organization (WHO) has accredited Jordan’s National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA) as a center for cooperation on the prevention of family violence and abuse.....
....WHO had decided to present Her Majesty Queen Rania with the title of Patron of activities for protection from violence in Eastern Mediterranean region in recognition of the Queen’s efforts in areas of woman empowerment and childhood development as well as her dedication to prevent family violence and abuse. Petra

Upcoming Event

AUC and the alumni chapter in Jordan are pleased to announce that the alumni gala dinner in honor of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah '91 will be on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 in Amman, Jordan. American University in Cairo
Old 12-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Royal Highness

Jordan's King Hosts Israeli PM for Talks (from Washingtonpost)

AMMAN, Jordan, Dec. 19 -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert made a surprise visit to Jordan Tuesday for talks with King Abdullah II on ways to revive Mideast peacemaking, as renewed fighting among Palestinian factions in Gaza claimed at least three lives. Article
Old 12-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Aristocracy

I look for the Chrismar card for this year?
thanks...
Old 12-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

You can find information for 2006 and 2007 Cards at 2006 & 2007 New Year's Cards from the Royal Family thread.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 12-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Veram98 told us about an article in Elle, which will, hopefully, stop any Divorce Rumours.
A huge Thank you in the name of the Jordanian Moderators to Veram98.

Here is a quote from the article with translation (translated by Veram98):
Quote:

"ELLE: Il y a pourtant actuellement une rumeur persistante faisant état de divorce, voire de votre prochaine répudiation...

Rania: J'ai en effet entendu dire que cette rumeur courait. Et que certains médias en avaient même parlé ! Je ne sais absolument pas d'où elle vient. Toutes les personnes publiques sont au centre de telles attaques sur leur vie privée, je le sais, c'est ainsi. Je suis aussi une personne «privée» et certaines rumeurs, comme celle-ci, peuvent me toucher. Nous en parlions justement ce matin avec mon mari au petit déjeuner. Il m'a conseillé de ne pas y accorder d'importance, en me disant: «Ecoute, je préfère que l'on raconte que notre couple ne vas pas bien et que ce soit faux dans la réalité, plutôt que l'inverse.» Il a raison ! C'est d'ailleurs la vérité. Nous sommes mariés depuis treize ans et nous avons établi une relation de confiance et de compréhension mutuelle, atteint une maturité dans notre couple que nos apprécions véritablement tous les deux.

ELLE: Vous apportez donc une démenti officiel dans ELLE !

Rania: (Rires) Oui ! Je démens officiellement toute rumeur de mésentente, de divorce ou de répudiation. Tout va bien !"

English translation (not perfect, I know it!):

ELLE: There exists however currently a persistent rumour stating a divorce, even your imminent repudiation...

QR: I have indeed learned that such a rumour is circulating. And that even certain media were talking about it! I absolutely do not know from where it comes. All public people are in the center of such attacks on their private life, I know, it is it like this. But, I am also a "private" person and certain rumours, like this one, can touch me. We precisely spoke about it this morning with my husband having breakfast. He advised me not to attach importance to it, while saying to me: "Listen, I prefer that one tells that our couple is not doing well and that this is false in reality, rather than the reverse." He is right! It is the truth by the way. We have been married for thirteen years and we have established a relation of mutual confidence and comprehension, reached a maturity in our couple that we truly appreciate both.

ELLE: You thus express an official denial in ELLE!

QR (laughing): Yes! I deny officially any rumour of disagreement, divorce or repudiation. Everything is o.k.!

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread