King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 21

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think shes free to wear what she wants just as anyone is entitled to wear what they personally love to wear :bang:

the Queen looks wonderful in her traditonal dress !

Question, how does one say 'king/queen' in Arabic? I know prince/ss is emir/a.

Malik (king)/malika(queen).

is it said Ma-LEEK, or MA-leek, or Ma-Lick, or ?
and same for malika?

*caps are used to show syllable emphasis*

Frothy said:
Question, how does one say 'king/queen' in Arabic? I know prince/ss is emir/a.

The King: Al Malik
The Queen: Al Malika

Thank you (shokram! :) ) I was curious about that.

Nad25 said:
i think shes free to wear what she wants just as anyone is entitled to wear what they personally love to wear :bang:
Amen to that!

King says ties with Kuwait are "deep"
LINK

King underlines Jordan's commitment to Palestine
LINK

King meets ministers, government officials and business leaders

Amman, Dec. 12 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the importance of cooperation between government departments and the private sector activists to encounter economic challenges facing Jordan and find effective solutions to these challenges. Petra
Queen highlights role of vaccines in child health

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania highlighted the importance of infant immunisation during a visit to a healthcare centre in Northern Naour on Tuesday.
Speaking to mothers who had brought their newborn babies to be vaccinated, the Queen said inoculating babies is one of the best health investments.
“Immunisations are one of the best investments in health and progress,” she said, adding “they are cost-effective. They work. They last.”
......Queen Rania has served on the board of the Global Alliance for Vaccinations and Immunisations (GAVI) since 2001. Jordan Times

I must say, TM are very hard working, aren't they? Does Petra publish a list of how many official engagements and/or official trips they take each year, like the British royals? They seem to be the hardest working monarchs in the Arab world.

Frothy said:
I must say, TM are very hard working, aren't they? Does Petra publish a list of how many official engagements and/or official trips they take each year, like the British royals? They seem to be the hardest working monarchs in the Arab world.
Petra often mentions the public engagements the King and Queen might attend or trips they might take abroad, but no detailed list is made available.

King Abdullah Holds Talks with Sultan of Oman

Muscat, Dec. 14 (Petra) – Ways of enhancing ties between Jordan and Oman were on focus when His Majesty King Abdullah II and Sultan of Oman Sultan Qaboos bin Said met on Thursday. Petra

Photo 1

Photo 2

lil Monkey said:
Maybe to attend p.Rayah Graduation? that's possible isn't it? She's 22 ,isn't she?:ermm: :flowers:
ٍٍٍ
She will graduate from japan.... :excl:

Queen honours microfinance entrepreneurs

AMMAN — Abeer Mustafa Mohammad, who used to sell natural cosmetic products from home, now employs 14 workers and has a monthly income of JD5,000.
Mohammad, who started with a capital of JD1,000, was among 34 small business entrepreneurs honoured by Her Majesty Queen Rania on Sunday for actively contributing to the Kingdom’s economy.
“You are all wonderful role models for the rest of your community… and your projects are great examples of the way in which microfinance can be such a powerful stepping stone to financial freedom,” Queen Rania told the recipients of the second annual Citigroup Global Microentrepreneurship Award.
The objective of the award, in partnership with the Jordan River Foundation (JRF), is to illustrate the effective role that microfinance plays in poverty alleviation around the world. Jordan Times
King orders closure of al-Jaffer Prison Center, transforming it into vocational training school

Amman, Dec. 17 (Petra) During his visit to the National Center For Human Rights ( NCHR) on Sunday, His Majesty King Abdullah II ordered the closure of al-Jaffer prison and transforming it into a center for vocational training. The King’s order comes into effect as of tomorrow Monday.

I see the last time a woman with Queen Rania. She has a dark brown skin. Is she one of her bodyguards or is she a lady in waiting?

Last edited:
you mean QRania,ya, she changed her body guard, it used to be that man we see all the time behind her since she became queen, now it's this lady, don't know much about her;)

actually I think they're both her bodyguards, the man and the woman.
The lady's seen more frequently with Queen Rania in Jordan than abroad.

NCFA accredited by WHO as center for cooperation against family violence

Amman, Dec. 17 (Petra) The World Health Organization (WHO) has accredited Jordan’s National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA) as a center for cooperation on the prevention of family violence and abuse.....
....WHO had decided to present Her Majesty Queen Rania with the title of Patron of activities for protection from violence in Eastern Mediterranean region in recognition of the Queen’s efforts in areas of woman empowerment and childhood development as well as her dedication to prevent family violence and abuse. Petra

Upcoming Event

AUC and the alumni chapter in Jordan are pleased to announce that the alumni gala dinner in honor of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah '91 will be on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 in Amman, Jordan. American University in Cairo

Last edited:
Jordan's King Hosts Israeli PM for Talks (from Washingtonpost)

AMMAN, Jordan, Dec. 19 -- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert made a surprise visit to Jordan Tuesday for talks with King Abdullah II on ways to revive Mideast peacemaking, as renewed fighting among Palestinian factions in Gaza claimed at least three lives. Article

I look for the Chrismar card for this year?
thanks...

Veram98 told us about an article in Elle, which will, hopefully, stop any Divorce Rumours.
A huge Thank you in the name of the Jordanian Moderators to Veram98.

Here is a quote from the article with translation (translated by Veram98):
"ELLE: Il y a pourtant actuellement une rumeur persistante faisant état de divorce, voire de votre prochaine répudiation...

Rania: J'ai en effet entendu dire que cette rumeur courait. Et que certains médias en avaient même parlé ! Je ne sais absolument pas d'où elle vient. Toutes les personnes publiques sont au centre de telles attaques sur leur vie privée, je le sais, c'est ainsi. Je suis aussi une personne «privée» et certaines rumeurs, comme celle-ci, peuvent me toucher. Nous en parlions justement ce matin avec mon mari au petit déjeuner. Il m'a conseillé de ne pas y accorder d'importance, en me disant: «Ecoute, je préfère que l'on raconte que notre couple ne vas pas bien et que ce soit faux dans la réalité, plutôt que l'inverse.» Il a raison ! C'est d'ailleurs la vérité. Nous sommes mariés depuis treize ans et nous avons établi une relation de confiance et de compréhension mutuelle, atteint une maturité dans notre couple que nos apprécions véritablement tous les deux.

ELLE: Vous apportez donc une démenti officiel dans ELLE !

Rania: (Rires) Oui ! Je démens officiellement toute rumeur de mésentente, de divorce ou de répudiation. Tout va bien !"

English translation (not perfect, I know it!):

ELLE: There exists however currently a persistent rumour stating a divorce, even your imminent repudiation...

QR: I have indeed learned that such a rumour is circulating. And that even certain media were talking about it! I absolutely do not know from where it comes. All public people are in the center of such attacks on their private life, I know, it is it like this. But, I am also a "private" person and certain rumours, like this one, can touch me. We precisely spoke about it this morning with my husband having breakfast. He advised me not to attach importance to it, while saying to me: "Listen, I prefer that one tells that our couple is not doing well and that this is false in reality, rather than the reverse." He is right! It is the truth by the way. We have been married for thirteen years and we have established a relation of mutual confidence and comprehension, reached a maturity in our couple that we truly appreciate both.

ELLE: You thus express an official denial in ELLE!

QR (laughing): Yes! I deny officially any rumour of disagreement, divorce or repudiation. Everything is o.k.!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom