King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 20

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The next week is going to be a very busy one for King Abdullah and Queen Rania. With all the visits abroad and foreign guests coming to Jordan, we dont want all the news to get lost in the crowd.

Please help us keep things organized by posting your comments, links to news and pictures, in the relevant threads:

Visit to Kuwait

State visit to India

Thank you

Humera
Royal Family of Jordan Moderator

Queen Rania Joins Kuwaiti Youth in Launching "Injaz"

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah joined the Kuwaiti youth in launching the Injaz Program, which provided many of them with training and technical support.

King Congratulates Spanish Monarch

His Majesty King Abdullah II sent a cable to His Majesty Juan Carlo I of Spain congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the anniversary of his assumption of his constitutional powers.

Last edited:
Turkish Prime Minister Arrives in Jordan

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayeb Erdogan and his spouse arrived in Amman on Saturday dawn in a three-day working visit, upon and invitation from THeir Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah.

King to open Arab Youth Leaderships Forum tomorrow (from Petra)

Amman, Nov. 25 (Petra) -- Under the Royal patronage, 400 members of Arab youth leaderships, representing 20 Arab countries, will gather on Sunday at the Dead Sea shores to start their 2nd annual forum.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/25/215000.htm

Kazakhstan President to Visit Jordan

Amman, Nov. 25 (Petra) — Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev will pay a two-day official visit to Jordan on November 28 at the invitation of His Majesty King Abdullah II.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/25/214000.htm

Last edited:
Veram98 said:
As we all know it is not the queen consort who makes the laws in Jordan. It was the king who presented a royal decree in 2003 that reserved six seats for women in the lower house of parliament (while the parliament was dissolved). He was following thereby an earlier parliamentary committee recommendation (while making some changes on it), but also campaigns of various women’s and human rights groups backed by Queen Rania (besides, we will never know the extent of direct influence she exerts on her husband and of her lobbying leading Jordanian politicians behind the scenes).
By her and other women's activists in Jordan the quota system was and is promoted as something that is necessary until Jordanians become more accustomed to seeing women in public office: as the maybe only way to convince them that women can be qualified deputies worth to be elected.
In 2003 she encouraged female candidates to run for election and her office provided résumés of their qualifications.
Thanx for the information Veram98.

Now Queen Rania and King Abdullah held a lunch banquet in honor the Turkish PM and his wife.

King Holds Talks with Turkish Prime Minister</STRONG>

Amman, Nov. 26 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with visiting Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan​

Last edited by a moderator:
salma said:
Now Queen Rania and King Abdullah held a lunch banquet in honor the Turkish PM and his wife.

Picture of King Abduallah and Queen Rania with Turkish PM and wife

I think they're having it in their new palace, not sure, I was trying to figure out what they're having as lunch, I couldn't;)

amina1 said:
I think they're having it in their new palace, not sure, I was trying to figure out what they're having as lunch, I couldn't;)

These pics was taken at Aqaba´s palace. Not new palace.:)

Last edited:
salma said:
King Holds Talks with Turkish Prime Minister
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/26/211000.htm
Pictures from Petra:
I wonder if the skirt Rania's wearing in the picture above goes with this jacket worn during the Singapore visit. I can't be completely sure since the latter picture was taken under natural light and the picture with the Turkish guests was taken indoors.

asturiana said:
King inaugurates Young Arab leaders Forum (Petra)
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Nov/26/28000.htm
Pictures from Petra:
Several members of the royal family were in attendence, including Prince Feisal, Princess Aisha, Princess Ghida and her husband and Prince Ali.

Queen Rania today at a session of the Young Arab Leaders forum, with Prince Feisal:
King receives Greek military official
Amman, Nov. 27 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Greek Army Chief of Staff Gen. Panayiotis Hinofotis and discussed with him the bilateral ties, particularly in the defense fields. Petra
King Meets Head of Iraqi Muslim Clerics Association
Amman, Nov. 27 (Petra)—His Majesty king Abdullah II said Jordan was ready to provide the necessary support to ensure the success of national reconciliation in Iraq and achieve unity among all Iraqis. Petra
King Abdullah receives Prince Bander ben Sultan
Amman, Nov.27(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Prince Bander ben Sultan ben Abdul Aziz the General Secretary of the Saudi National Security Council. Petra

Last edited:
Thanks for all the updates everyone. It's been an incredibly busy few weeks, I hope they plan on taking some time out for themslves soon.

King Abdullah II and Palestinian Authority President Mahmud Abbas met on November 28, 2006 in Amman, Jordan. After a speech stressing resolve to the Israeli-Palestinian issue, Abdullah met with Abbas to discuss further resolutions to the conflict.

Pictures from getty here.

We've reached ten pages.
Time to start a new thread, it can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom