King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 20

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Queen Rania rather cold these last weeks or it is just my opinion?
I noticed her in the formal photos with the royal family of the Netherlands and she seemed to have lost her royal allure and proud regard.
What is your opinion?

I just think she's having a difficult time taking part in official duties over the past several weeks because of her ankle. She took off her cast during her trip to London but put it back on soon after, obviously because she's been in visible discomfort and pain since last month.

emmeleia said:
Is Queen Rania rather cold these last weeks or it is just my opinion?
I noticed her in the formal photos with the royal family of the Netherlands and she seemed to have lost her royal allure and proud regard.
What is your opinion?

thats very true,Id have to agree with you. she does not seem herself at all, shes been the way she is for the past few months.she does not care of apperance etc.

and there was a meeting for arab women in Bahrain but she didn't go I hope she is ok .

houri said:
and there was a meeting for arab women in Bahrain but she didn't go I hope she is ok .

Rania cancelled the trip because of her broken ankle, according to Abaca Press.
Its amazing that she has been carrying on with so many engagements as she has. I'd expect anyone else to be resting at home for atleast a month, and very understandably so. Constant moving about is bad for foot injuries, unrest prolongs the healing period, I speak from personal experience.
I think Rania should've taken a break after the Netherlands trip, cancelled all her public engagements. I wouldn't expect anyone, royal or not, to be out and about with their ankle in a cast.

Last edited:
Upcoming events

Queen Rania to Patronize Opening of International Children and Youth Theater Festival

Amman, Nov. 15 (Petra) –Under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, activities of the International Children and Youth Theater Festival will start in Amman on Wednesday. Petra

Kuwait ready for EU-Arab meeting on environment - committee

KUWAIT, Nov 15 (KUNA) - The organizing committee of the 4th international European Union-Arab conference on environment finished preparations for the event to be hosted by Kuwait on November 27.
. . .
On the fringe of the conference, a meeting will be held to discuss women's role in social development with the participation of Sheikha Amthal al-Ahmad al-Sabah - of Kuwait, and Queen Rania - of Jordan, as well as other personages. KUNA

The President of Singapore will be visiting Jordan from November 18-22, the thread on this visit can be found here

Humera said:
Rania cancelled the trip because of her broken ankle, according to Abaca Press.
Its amazing that she has been carrying on with so many engagements as she has. I'd expect anyone else to be resting at home for atleast a month, and very understandably so. Constant moving about is bad for foot injuries, unrest prolongs the healing period, I speak from personal experience.
I think Rania should've taken a break after the Netherlands trip, cancelled all her public engagements. I wouldn't expect anyone, royal or not, to be out and about with their ankle in a cast.
Excellently put. I think it's good that she's actrually doing so many engagements and with such gusto each time.
She looks interested and happy with the people she meets at each event and that's what really counts imo.

dazzling said:
thats very true,Id have to agree with you. she does not seem herself at all, shes been the way she is for the past few months.she does not care of apperance etc.

I wouldn't say she doesn't care about her appearence, I think she cares a great deal about how she looks. I think she looks beautiful like always. One difference being that on the trip to Holland she was out shined by Princess Noor who in MHO looked more like a queen and more elegent than Rania.

I also think that Rania, like others have said has been suffering from a broken ankle and it must be hard traveling so much and being in so much pain.

I have removed a few duplicate posts. All discussions related to the visit by the President of Singapore should be made in this thread.

King receives Kuwait's Army Chief of Staff

Amman, Nov. 20 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday received Kuwait's Army Chief of Staff Pilot General Fahd Al Amir who delivered to His Majesty greetings of His Highness Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Sabah. Petra

Photo

Little_star said:
King.Queen receive developmental expert
LINK
Photo

HM king Abdullah will open the Young Arab Leaders Annual fourm
The Young Arab Leaders Annual Forum will be held from November 25-27th in the Dead Sea, Jordan. It aims to be a platform upon which global and Arab leaders engage in dialogue. Event participants will include many of the world l
eaders in politics, business, academia and several other fields who will share their insight on a wide variety of topics. The Annual Forum allows each of the local chapters of the Young Arab Leaders to focus on achievement by presenting results and launching comprehensive initiatives aimed at improving the state of our region.

http://www.yaleaders.org/en/home.php

Last edited:
King condemns assassination of Lebanese Industry Minister
LINK

The King also sent a cable earlier to the Lebanese PM congratulating him
LINK

niki said:
I wouldn't say she doesn't care about her appearence, I think she cares a great deal about how she looks. I think she looks beautiful like always. One difference being that on the trip to Holland she was out shined by Princess Noor who in MHO looked more like a queen and more elegent than Rania.

I also think that Rania, like others have said has been suffering from a broken ankle and it must be hard traveling so much and being in so much pain.

If how Rania looks right now is someone who doesn't care about their appearance well then there is no hope for the rest of us!

Rania looks as stunning as ever to me, tired yes, fragile because of her injury yes again but nothing more than that I'm sure. I've loved all the outfits she's worn except for the tiara and gloves on the Netherlands trips, otherwise I think she has looked lovely. It's amazing to me how she looks consistently stunning whenever she is out and about. I realise she has people to assist her but she never really seems to have an "off" day to me and she always acts like a Queen - I see no difference in her behaviour that suddenly makes me doubt her natural dignity, grace and style.

The only thing that has happened is that she has suffered and injury which has probably hurt a great deal at times and caused her annoyance and may be the odd bit of embarrassment having to be helped to walk and not wear the clothing she might want.

I've broken my leg twice and I know how frustrating and painful it can be.

snowwhite said:
If how Rania looks right now is someone who doesn't care about their appearance well then there is no hope for the rest of us!

Rania looks as stunning as ever to me, tired yes, fragile because of her injury yes again but nothing more than that I'm sure. I've loved all the outfits she's worn except for the tiara and gloves on the Netherlands trips, otherwise I think she has looked lovely. It's amazing to me how she looks consistently stunning whenever she is out and about. I realise she has people to assist her but she never really seems to have an "off" day to me and she always acts like a Queen - I see no difference in her behaviour that suddenly makes me doubt her natural dignity, grace and style.

The only thing that has happened is that she has suffered and injury which has probably hurt a great deal at times and caused her annoyance and may be the odd bit of embarrassment having to be helped to walk and not wear the clothing she might want.

I've broken my leg twice and I know how frustrating and painful it can be.

I still think she was way out done by P Noor.

As I understand it President Bush's visit is more along the lines of a quick meeting to discuss all the turmoil in the Middle East, especially after the murder of Pierre Gemayel.:sad: I don't think it's an actual state visit as such.

Next week's agenda

looks like KA and QR have a very busy week ahead of them:

1. Turkish PM and wife will visit Jordan for 3 days, starting Friday (November 24), on an invitation from the King and Queen.
2. Young Arab Leaders Forum will be held in Jordan, November 25-27
3. Queen Rania is expected to attend the Arab-European Environmental Conference in Kuwait which starts on November 27.
4. President Bush will visit Jordan, November 29
5. State visit to India, starting November 30.

Last edited:
Wow! They have so much to do. I guess that's why QR has looked a bit tired. She hasn't any time to her self.

oh god , they have a lot to do next week , but we lucky because we will see new pictures :)

Amoula said:
:wacko: Oh Great! Bush in Jordan!... I wonder why he's visiting Jordan:wacko:
Is it gonna be more like a state Visit or just an official 2 days visit?
He's meeting the Iraqi PM in Jordan
LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom