King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 20

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LeoMama said:
I agree with you tesaweer Q rania needs to put some weight.
I wonder what will happen with the man that wrote the letter!!!!!!!
Probably nothing, it looks like King Abdullah is now more determined to involve QR in everything, we have never seen pics of the King and Queen when leaving Jordan before (since 99). Which makes us all think this is a msg to this guy and all those who think like him, to stop their blah blah and face reality,lol

lil Monkey said:
Probably nothing, it looks like King Abdullah is now more determined to involve QR in everything, we have never seen pics of the King and Queen when leaving Jordan before (since 99). Which makes us all think this is a msg to this guy and all those who think like him, to stop their blah blah and face reality,lol

No we see too pic when King and Queen of Jordan left Amman in 2003, when they visited Sweden (last state visit).

salma said:
No we see too pic when King and Queen of Jordan left Amman in 2003, when they visited Sweden (last state visit).
Ya sitty, a second pic of them leaving the airport...but it isn't usual..

I have moved all posts related to the State visit to the Netherlands to the following thread:
State Visit from Jordan: 30 October - 2 November 2006

Several of the posts contained discussions of the State Visit as well as current political issues which is why they were edited for relevance and coherence before being moved to the Dutch Forum. If anyone still has any questions, please dont hesitate to send me a pm.

Humera
Royal Family of Jordan Moderator

Last edited:
Adamari said:
Is this the letter you are talking about?

http://www.arabtimes.com/A2006/october/88.html

Dear Madam Secretary:

We are writing you this letter concerning the current political, social and economic developments in Jordan and the recent falsified remarks delivered by King Abdullah in Jordan and abroad. The king says something in the presence of foreign leaders, dignitaries and world press and media, but acts very differently back home. For instance, the king is using international forums, such as World Economic Summit in Davos, Switzerland, Dead Sea and other international gatherings for merely public image and propaganda to show his western audience and his foreign interlocutors that he is a real democrat believing in democracy and human rights.

my english is not very good.:)
so can someone tell me what The writer mean with "Queen Rania is assuming this unconstitutional role despite opposition from the great majority of Jordanians".
I think that there is queen before rania she is not the first??!!her posititn as queen I think isn't unconstitutional as the constitution Indicates the king and the queen ??!!

My parents lives in jordan and i asked them about the letter will they told me that no one care to listen to that man and this is not the first time he do something like this he just wants to be popular .

i'm in no position to judge (not being from jordon) but i assumed he doesn't like the high profile she has around the world, how she is outspoken in her efforts for peace and her "western" attitudes. there also seems to be bias against her being a palestinian. i personally think she is flawless and have great admiration for her.

I think we're seeing the same situation when the late Diana was trying so hard to upstage her husband Prince Charles and some people hated her for that, but is she doing it on purpose and that's why this gentleman wrote this letter ? we need to know how the jordanian members can explain this.

tesaweer said:
I think we're seeing the same situation when the late Diana was trying so hard to upstage her husband Prince Charles and some people hated her for that, but is she doing it on purpose and that's why this gentleman wrote this letter ? we need to know how the jordanian members can explain this.
We can't explain it Tesaweer,cuz we dunno how things really are, u can hear alot of things but never be able to know what the truth is...now pple think that the guy shouldn't have sent this letter , cuz it obvious that everything has been done recently is to show people that King Abdullah and Rania share everything and nothing will change no matter what people think, so I am expecting to see more and more of Queen Rania doing things with the King in the coming few days, and maybe the CP will be announced soon. So to sum it up, I guess those who try to be smart @**es should stop sending letters and wake up!

lil Monkey said:
We can't explain it Tesaweer,cuz we dunno how things really are, u can hear alot of things but never be able to know what the truth is...now pple think that the guy shouldn't have sent this letter , cuz it obvious that everything has been done recently is to show people that King Abdullah and Rania share everything and nothing will change no matter what people think, so I am expecting to see more and more of Queen Rania doing things with the King in the coming few days, and maybe the CP will be announced soon. So to sum it up, I guess those who try to be smart @**es should stop sending letters and wake up!
Well Lil Monkey, thanks alot, lol even when you can't explain things, you say alot and for this I'm grateful, it will be interesting to see what comes next, could it be a fifth child now that Noor Hamzah is so pregnant and looking ever so beautifull ehmm ;)

tesaweer said:
Well Lil Monkey, thanks alot, lol even when you can't explain things, you say alot and for this I'm grateful, it will be interesting to see what comes next, could it be a fifth child now that Noor Hamzah is so pregnant and looking ever so beautifull ehmm ;)
lol I do tend to talk too much, I have such a big mouth,lol.
Umm a fifth child? lol, I never thought of that, but maybe u never know,lol:rolleyes: ;)
Yea Mashallah , Noor loooks amazing,I haven't seen her look this good in a while. :flowers:

I can't believe there's nothing about their visit on the local news, all I sw was there arrival at the airport,nothing about the gala or today's schedual, this is weird. I still hope they would show anything at news @ 8.

i was just watching the news, they showed pics of the king and queen when they arrived in Amman,faisal recieved them at the airport..

Do any one know about q Rania private School ,(International academy) where her kids are there now ,!! Is there any web site !!

Any one know about QRania sisters and brothers?

Last edited:
Last edited:
See Tesaweer, what did I tell you;)
They are already off to UK...ny pics?

All pictures, articles and other information about the visit of King Abdullah and Queen Rania to England should be posted in Official visit from Jordan thread.

All posts, concerning the visit, were moved to that thread.

Last edited:
lil Monkey said:
See Tesaweer, what did I tell you;)
They are already off to UK...ny pics?
How very true. I am watchig the news here, but the tv here rarely show any foreign dignitary arriving or leaving. I wonder it says in the bit of news from petra , that they'll meet the queen, I hope she's feeling better as she had cancelled two engagements last week because of bad back. :flowers:

tesaweer said:
How very true. I am watchig the news here, but the tv here rarely show any foreign dignitary arriving or leaving. I wonder it says in the bit of news from petra , that they'll meet the queen, I hope she's feeling better as she had cancelled two engagements last week because of bad back. :flowers:

I heard they will meet the Queen as you said,they lso showed pics of them at the Airport when they arrived, I didn't see Ali though,let's wait for tomorrow's pics.

Rania has apparently made the cut for TIME’s heros of the last 60 years, “people who have made the world a better place since 1946.” I'm not sure what she's done to deserve this so-called honour. Giving a few speeches and being on a few international boards isn't enough to warrant being a "hero."

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=11302&pt=e

Veram98 said:
She is listed among H E R O E S | I N S P I R A T I O N S & E X P L O R E R S
by Time magazine

(together with Princess Diana, Yuri Gagarin, Martina Navratilova, Pope John Paul II, Christiane Amanpour, Mother Teresa and others)

http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/0,13006,901061113,00.html

This is the article on her from the magazine:

http://www.time.com/time/europe/magazine/article/0,13005,901061113-1550874,00.html
So she made it but her husband did not !! wonder why, does this mean she is working harder than him and her role is more influential than him, ummm I think that's unfair and even untrue. I think he never stops. As for securing more political rights for arab women after becoming queen , that's also not quite right, there has been women in the cabinet in Egypt and Iraq as ministers and cabinet secretaries for examples, since the fifties of the last century (before she was born), so to deny that and to say that it is something of a novelty is unacceptable by Time magazine. As for increasing the representation of jordanian women in parliament, can anybody plz tell us how many women were there in King Hussein era and how many more are there now. I do agree she is doing a fantastic job in representing a face of Islam acceptable to the west, and I'm also a great admirer of her (hope gap) project and did buy some lovely gifts from her Jordan River foundation shop when I was in Amman, so even though I don't agree with many things in this artile, I do wish her and all the projects she's supporting all the best :flowers: .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom