The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
I think they mean that she is not accurately representing women in her country. I know women in Jordan, no matter how liberal in dress code Rania makes them out to be, are quite modest as in the majority do wear the hijab.
But what could she wear that would accurately portray the women in her country? It's diverse, she could never pick one thing that would accurately represent them all. I mean, not all of the women in Britain dressed like Princess Diana, not all of the women in Jordan dressed like Queen Noor....etc.

I just don't get the idea that because she is the Queen, she has to dress like the rest of her citizens. But I respect both cultures and can comprehend how what one country would consider modest another would consider immodest. :)

Old 07-28-2005, 06:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
i totally agree with you , am talking about her as a Muslim queen , she has to respect that , not only as a queen , about Sweifeh , for us as Jordanian its up to you , but she is a queen represents Jordan all over the place , did you ever see her wearing Jordanian Dress when she visits Europe or even Arab countries , she is not an ordinary person , like us just walk in the street wear what ever she wants , and she for sure knows that she is photographed , maybe she wants the west to see her like they want , i don't know how is her mind works,
to be honest I never saw her in a Jordanian custon when representing Jordan outside but dun forget smtimes protocol (?)doesn't give them a choice , they have to wear certain type of clothes,well as for in Jordan,I onlt saw her a few times in a Thaub. But anyway I do fully understand what u mean Suria , but this is not a perfect world and the way people think differ

Old 07-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Commoner

A New Pictures for Qeen Rania:)
http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/membe...15&search.y=19
Old 07-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Gentry

Dubrovnik..

Q Rania took a walk alone surrounded by security ,visited a jewelry & a toy store.
K Abdullah and kids stayed at the yacht.He later had a meeting with Cro. president.
Saudi prince Mitab bin Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz is also in Dubrovnik.
Attached Images

Old 07-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Royal Highness

From Petra

King, Queen Return Home
Amman, July 28 (Petra) -- Their Majesties King Abdullah II and
Queen Rania Al Abdullah returned home on Thursday after a few-day
private visit.
Old 07-29-2005, 05:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
What's it to you what she chooses to wear? Plenty of muslim women wear vest tops, there's nothing wrong with it.
those plenty muslim women wearing vest tops dont go holiday by people's taxes.when you're living by other's money the least you can do is to live in a way that convince them.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

"Wow, you know what every Muslim is thinking? Gee golly, that's amazing!!!!
There are countless Muslims, men and women, who do a lot to salvage and better the image of Islam on a daily basis. The reason so much emphasis is put on clothing on this forum is because this is a royal forum where emphasis is on the royals, what they wear, what they do, etc. This is not a what can we do for Islam forum. It's very shallow to think that all Muslims think about is clothing. Get active in the Muslim community and you'll see. "

I am muslim, I don't need YOU to tell me to get active in my own community.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Politicians dominate list of world's most powerful women

Author: Rachel Sharp29 Jul 2005
Rice tops the magazine's list of 100 most powerful women for the second year running.

© US Department of State

US politician Condoleezza Rice is the world's most powerful woman according to Forbes magazine.

The US Secretary of State tops the magazine's list of 100 most powerful women for the second year running.

Dr Rice is the first African-American woman to become the US Secretary of State and advises the leader of the world's largest superpower with unparalleled access to the president.

China's vice-premier Wu Yi is second on a list that is dominated by politicians and also sees Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoschenko, included for the first time at number three.

Fourth on the list is Philippine President Gloria Arroyo but also ranked in the top ten are Ebay chief executive Margaret Whitman, Xerox boss Anne Mulcahy, Citigroup chief executive Sallie Krawcheck and television mogul Oprah Winfrey. Melinda Gates, who is married to Microsoft owner Bill Gates, completes the top ten which has been compiled according to the number of times a woman has been mentioned in the media and their effect on economics.

Melinda Gates is one of the list's eight humanitarians which include Jordan's Queen Rania for her advocacy on behalf of oppressed women in her country, and Susan Berresford of the Ford Foundation which funds major initiatives to tackle world health problems and poverty.

As well as chat show queen Oprah Winfrey, the world's media industry is also represented in the list by Marjorie Scardino, who runs the Pearson group which owns the Financial Times, as well as Time Inc boss Ann Moore and People magazine chief Martha Nelson.
http://www.999today.com/business/story/1535.html
Old 07-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Heir Apparent

#80 Queen Rania

Jordan

A D V E R T I S E M E N T

Though she just gave birth to her fourth child in January 2005, Queen Rania, the 34-year-old wife of Jordan's King Abdullah bin Al-Hussein, continues to fight for adequate housing and education, as well as for a better role for women in the communal life of her country. Born to a Palestinian family, Queen Rania has been a key speaker at the World Economic Forum, where she implored attendees to do more for peace and to improve the lives of the poor. Queen Rania also continues to champion an organization that publicizes and stops child abuse, one of the first of its kind in the Arab world. The queen also spearheads a large nonprofit that helps women become better business executives.
—A.M.
http://www.forbes.com/lists/2005/11/VZPS.html
Old 07-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_girl
those plenty muslim women wearing vest tops dont go holiday by people's taxes.when you're living by other's money the least you can do is to live in a way that convince them.

sure she is , there is no logic in her behavior , she just ignore her own people and cares about the west and the magazines and the plastic face she had , she should respect the well of her own people , who make her a queen , she took our money and not even care about very simple things
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 07-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:

sure she is , there is no logic in her behavior , she just ignore her own people and cares about the west and the magazines and the plastic face she had , she should respect the well of her own people , who make her a queen , she took our money and not even care about very simple things
I don't think you realize how much Rania tries to unite the Middle East and the West. She doesn't ignore her people at all, but tries to fulfill her role as queen in the same diplomatic manner that Queen Noor did before her. She definitely tries to create ties between the East and the West, unlike some other countries
Old 07-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Courtier

did queen noor also make the forbes list?
Old 07-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=nounours]I don't think you realize how much Rania tries to unite the Middle East and the West.

wow, by forgetting that she is an Arabic Muslim Queen, and she is doing this very well by the way
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Gentry

This why many of us feel Rania is a sell-out.

(Rania of Jordan Image gallery)
Old 07-31-2005, 10:34 AM
Courtier

[QUOTE=Lara]This why many of us feel Rania is a sell-out.

thanks Lara for posting it , this is Rania and how represents an Islamic country and this is how she untie the west and the east , i don't think that not drinking is a traditional thing and not mentioned in Quran , i am really disappointment , as a Palestinian i was expect more from QR i used to like her when she was princess , but not anymore :( :(

Old 07-31-2005, 10:41 AM
Gentry

Quote:
thanks Lara for posting it , this is Rania and how represents an Islamic country and this is how she untie the west and the east , i don't think that not drinking is a traditional thing and not mentioned in Quran , i am really disappointment , as a Palestinian i was expect more from QR i used to like her when she was princess , but not anymore :( :(
You're welcome, suria. I used to like Rania too. I don't hate her but I disagree with the way she acts and carries herself especially in the position she's in and who she represents.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:03 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
You're welcome, suria. I used to like Rania too. I don't hate her but I disagree with the way she acts and carries herself especially in the position she's in and who she represents.

i don't hate her either , i hope that she get back to her mind and think again , not about the plastic surgeries and the clothes but about her own people and how they like her to be , to represents Islam in a proper way :(

Old 07-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 5

Welcome to thread 6 of News and Pictures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family.

The previous thread can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6442&page=1&pp=20

Please review TRF's Posting Rules & Guidelines before making your comments: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=4920. Violations of these rules may result in a suspension or a permanent ban from the forum.

In addition, all photos must be credited http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...read.php?t=6455.

Happy posting!
Old 07-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

A new thread has been started for King Abdullah & Queen Rania. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...414#post252414
Old 07-31-2005, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Do you actually know what she is drinking there? Or have you just assumed that it must be champagne or white wine?

"she should respect the well of her own people , who make her a queen "

Jordanian people didn't make her Queen. Her husband did, thanks to his father's change of mind.

"to represents Islam in a proper way"

You mean representing Islam in a way YOU like. Who decides what the "proper way" is?
Since when did muslims need anybody to "represent" them. We have no clergy or similar system because only 1 person will judge our individual actions, and that is Allah. Moreover we are expected to account for our own actions alone.

Closed Thread