King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah - i don't think we can actually say for sure what the drink is...i remember someone posted a while back that when queen noor was at a dinner in china or japan (i can't remember which) she filled her wine glass with water and it was so discreet that even her chinese hosts that she was drinking wine. the result was that queen noor kept on asking for refills and the chinese hosts admired her a lot because apparently for her stamina.

we can't judge rania just like this - we have to look at what's concrete...and humans can't do that...what matters is what is in her heart and i for one have no way of looking there...so let's leave her be...let's criticize her policies and actions but not her --- we have no way of knowing her intentions.

suria, if she did anything wrong I'd say so. But you claim she "drinks". Aside from a photograph of an unidentified liquid in her hand do you have any evidence of this? Moreover even if it alcohol just because she is holding it does not mean she actually tried it.

"i am not judging anyone and i know that only Allah judge us "

You could have fooled me, all you've done is judge her and say she is wrong for this and wrong for that.

"people like Rania ruined the Islam and gave inproper image about it"

Now that is the funniest thing I've heard, look around at what's happening in the world, everyday muslims are arrested for planning terrorist bombings or actually committing them and you think she gives Islam a bad image?!

I think madonna23's post was spot on.

"well, now you r saying that this thing could be not alcohol, there is no logic in your defense "

It may not be, you don't know and I don't know. The difference is I'd rather not jump to conclusions and start saying she is a bad muslim who drinks alcohol based on one photograph. Something you are desperate to do.

"what is her problem is she shamed from Arab and what they wear and how they live"
Which Arabs are you talking about? I've travelled to many Arab countries and there is no 1 single "type" of Arab, there are numerous cultural difference, even the language and dialects are varied from place to place. Mroeover I've come across plenty of arab women and muslim womne from other countries who dress in the same manner as Rania.

"when ever Jordanian are talking about her they only mention her look and her style "
And that's her fault? If she started to wear plain clothes and didn't make an effort the same people would whine and moan that she is representing her country poorly.

What's wrong with her criticizing her own Queen?

I'm pretty neutral on Rania, as I don't know enough about her. I just don't want to make any generalizations.

I don't know what she was drinking in the picture I posted. I posted the picture to show what kind of behavior gets many of us rallied up. It's Rania "appearing" to be drinking something not allowed by her religion. BTW, holding alcohol is also forbidden in Islam not just drinking it.

BTW, if you're going to get all worked up and fire back at suria, then you should do the same with me. I posted the picture after all.

Lara, were you intending to be deliberately misleading by posting that photograph then? Moreover if alcohol is so forbidden perhaps you would care to explain its numerous uses in early Islamic medicine.
http://www.islamfortoday.com/athar04.htm

"What's wrong with her criticizing her own Queen?"
Perhaps you'd like to clarify where I said there is anything wrong

Lara said:
BTW, if you're going to get all worked up and fire back at suria, then you should do the same with me. I posted the picture after all.

well Lara you were right , i deleted what i said because its useless , i tried to talk about what i think and how i see my queen but they wont lesson , its ok i don't mind to have this reaction , as many people don't have the courage to say the right thing , i love PHaya the most but i have the courage to say what is my opinion about her marriage and wither i see it right or wrong , but some people just can't handle the truth and twist everything :confused: :eek:

Little_star said:
Lara, were you intending to be deliberately misleading by posting that photograph then? Moreover if alcohol is so forbidden perhaps you would care to explain its numerous uses in early Islamic medicine.
http://www.islamfortoday.com/athar04.htm

"What's wrong with her criticizing her own Queen?"
Perhaps you'd like to clarify where I said there is anything wrong

:eek:
OMG , its mentioned in Qura'an , stop doing this you crossed the borders , drinking is forbidden unless you r sick and you going die and Alcohol can heal you

BTW are u Muslim

Suria, Perhaps you could have at least read the article before jumping to conclusions about what it said. If you want to delete your comments that's your business.

To answer your question I am a muslim so thankfully don't need your lessons on Islam.

I was not being misleading, as I wrote in my post I wanted to show her supporters where many of us who see Rania as not fairly representing Islam are coming from.

Yes, I am aware that early Muslims did use alcohol for necessities, such as antiseptics, in medicine. It was used externally only because it was critical in conducting extremely painful surgeries. I don't think Rania was prepping anyone for surgery.

"I don't know what she was drinking in the picture I posted"

So why continue to assert it is alcohol when you don't know? That is deliberately misleading.........

i kind of feel sorry for King Abdullah because every thread on he and his wife focuses almost exclusively on Rania...;)

suria said:
well Lara you were right , i deleted what i said because its useless , i tried to talk about what i think and how i see my queen but they wont lesson , its ok i don't mind to have this reaction , as many people don't have the courage to say the right thing , i love PHaya the most but i have the courage to say what is my opinion about her marriage and wither i see it right or wrong , but some people just can't handle the truth and twist everything :confused: :eek:

It's not that we dun have the courage,I personally dun have the energy anymore,lol

Little_star said:
"I don't know what she was drinking in the picture I posted"

So why continue to assert it is alcohol when you don't know? That is deliberately misleading.........

If u are muslim then u probably know that even holding a glass of "alcohol" is forbidden in Islam u know if u had water in ur glass and u for example hit ur glass with sm1 elses' glass the water becomes haram to drink...

(i think in Arabic its like etha dokkat el k2oos horema ma feeha).

i think its unfair to say they are drinking alcohol or not. i used to think it was obvious as well but like i said before someone posted that they often fill wine glasses with juice or water so to be kind to the hosts who are drinking.

whether they drink or not is anyone's guess so i think the whole debate is pointless. we won't ever know.

suria said:
:eek:
OMG , its mentioned in Qura'an , stop doing this you crossed the borders , drinking is forbidden unless you r sick and you going die and Alcohol can heal you

BTW are u Muslim

Well said! Nice One :)

Alicky said:

ummm I'm loosin the main subject...:confused:

what's wrong with KH pic? U mean the glass he's holdin? As the shape of the glass? I love drinking juice with these Glasses,I dun think the shape of the glass makes what's inside the glass Haram.
umm ok I think I am loosin the point of the argument...Sorry :eek: :eek:

king abdullah with his family:)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 423
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 477
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3,540
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 541
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 460
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 487
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 427
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 543
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 391
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 473
T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
what's wrong with KH pic? U mean the glass he's holdin? As the shape of the glass? I love drinking juice with these Glasses,I dun think the shape of the glass makes what's inside the glass Haram.

I mean because he, like Rania, is a Muslim drinking. But people would not say he did not know how to represent Muslims. Personally, as time goes by I'm starting to dislike Rania, but I don't think she's doing the image of Muslims any damage in that picture with champagne(or not?). :eek:

Alicky said:
I mean because he, like Rania, is a Muslim drinking. But people would not say he did not know how to represent Muslims. Personally, as time goes by I'm starting to dislike Rania, but I don't think she's doing the image of Muslims any damage in that picture with champagne(or not?). :eek:

I couldn't have put it better myself! :)

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
ummm I'm loosin the main subject...:confused:

Non Alcoholic wine is fine, but at these do's Alcoholic wine is used therefore if that was in her glass she shouldn't have drunk it if she did. ALso KH Picture it appears that alcohol of sorts is in his glass, if it was shame on him for drinking it but if it was non alcoholic wine or just juice good for him.;)

I kind of like this rule though. Here it's "cool" to get hammered. :confused:

Little_star said:
Suria, Perhaps you could have at least read the article before jumping to conclusions about what it said. If you want to delete your comments that's your business.

To answer your question I am a muslim so thankfully don't need your lessons on Islam.

well this is what i need to know :confused: bsfore reading whatever about alcohol , read the Qura'an

Just a reminder that all photos must be credited!

As well, we are only on page two of this thread and I am finding the tone a bit "snarky". Let's all try to play nice, please and thank you.

Lyonnaise
TRF Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom