The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

yes I've seen plenty of pictures of other royals shopping, even pictures of Princess Letizia's family members going about their daily activities. The difference is that these royals are photographed this way both in their own countries and abroad.
Besides, Rania is shopping in broad daylight, why would it be hard for a paparrazi to find her. Those people spend 24hours a day looking for famous people to photograph.

I remember being amazed at seeing all the pictures of the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Brunei at their honeymoon in Italy. The Bruneian royal family is so private and none of those pictures were ever published in Brunei. But the couple was photographed by the Italian paparazzi at almost every different location they went to in Milan, Rome, Venice etc., whether they were leaving or arriving at their hotel, crossing a street, or at an amusement park! This despite the fact that very few people are familiar with the Bruneian royal family, as opposed to other royal houses. And Rania, after all, is one of most high profile royal women around, not just in her own region but internationally. So it would be impossible to keep her arrival in Paris a secret, or the arrival of any other royal for that matter.

Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 PM
Nobility

I just want to comment about the store that Rania went shopping in called Bon Marche, it is a department store but it is certainly not as exclusive as Dior or anything like that.It is really just a regular shop that has some high end merchandise and some run of the mill things.I lived in Paris for many years and shopped there regularly and I am by no means as wealthy as they are.

Old 07-18-2005, 03:28 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Have you guys seen her entourage ? Impressive I think , seems like her Majesty is treating alot of people to a lovely shopping spree , not just her kids and mother, thats just sweet !:)
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

These two pics go with post #32, I forgot to post them before. We see little Salma here too, enjoying her chewing gum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shop.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	170448   Click image for larger version

Name:	shop2.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	170449  
Old 07-18-2005, 05:02 AM
Heir Apparent

The European Papaarazzi is notorious for the methods it uses when trying to get a story.

Princess Diana anyone?
Old 07-18-2005, 06:57 AM
Royal Highness

Amaizing pics. Thanks Humera!!!!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Gentry

I found these cute Pics in a Magazine. Rania with her 4th Child Hashem and her Family
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Hashem 1.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	170533   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Hashem 4.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	170534   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Hashem 5.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	170535   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Hashem 8.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	170536  

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Hashem und Abdahllah 2.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	170537   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Iman und Hashem 2.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	170538   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Salma und Hashem 2.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	170539   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania mit Iman und Hashem 4.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	170540  

Name:	2005 - Mai - Hussein, Iman, Salma 1.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	170541   Click image for larger version

Name:	2005 - Rania 3.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	170542  
Old 07-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Gentry

And here is Queen Rania at a Conference in May 2005.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2005 - Mai - Rania 1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	170552  
Old 07-18-2005, 02:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the pictures, however please remember to credit the sources, whether it be another website, forum, a photo agency or a magazine or newspaper.

Copyright Rule: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=6455.

Thank you for your co-operation.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgaine
I found these cute Pics in a Magazine. Rania with her 4th Child Hashem and her Family
It's from Hello Magazine, a British tabloid
Old 07-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know how tall Rania is? In phots from post #43, she appears only a head taller than the car she was in. That would put her just above 5ft.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Nobility

thank you nounours, the pictures are so beautiful.

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 07-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florawindsor
thank you nounours, the pictures are so beautiful.
haha i didn't take the pictures or scan them, i'm just stating in which magazine i saw them as well!! :)
credit goes to someone else
Old 07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Commoner

Have you'll noticed in the photoshoot for 'Hello' the number of times Rania changed her outfit! whereas King Abdullah , the children and baby hashem wore the same clothes! She really is very fashion concious. I greatly admire Rania but by behaving like that it's like she is saying 'look at all the good clothes I have'.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

yeah, but sometimes the photographers make you do that, not the subject.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
yeah, but sometimes the photographers make you do that, not the subject.
I agree, and also would add that maybe the baby spit up on her or wet her in some of the outfits forcing a change.

I think Rania has a lot of clothes, but I also think she has a lot of opportunities to wear them that she wouldn't need to wear everything in her closet for a photoshoot for Hello!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:21 PM
Courtier

Did anyone think it was odd that King Abdullah posed for pictures in Hello? I think his decision was disrespectful to his position as king and statesman. I mean, has anyone seen anyone in a similar position posing for pics in a mag? Here is a man who is supposed to be working for his impoverished country and perhaps even serving as a broker for peace in the region and he's taking pics for Hello. I'm not saying he can't do both at the same time --- it's just damaging to his repuation. Whenever I see him on CNN or another news channel, I just cannot take him seriously. I think he took pics in Vogue a while back as well. Did King Hussein ever do this? Do you guys think this is weird as well or is it just me?
Old 07-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

I agree. I don't think KH did it. If he posed for mags it was b/c he was actually out in the field doing his job. Posing for mags like QR did is woman work (as in the consort of the king).
Old 07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Super Moderator

The interviews in the western media on networks like CNN etc are different. That's all pretty important considering Abdullah's position as head of state of Jordan in a politically volatile region. Talking about those issues is needed from a leader from within the region. Unlike European sovereigns, Abdullah has all governing power in his country, he needs to talk about the progress and problems his country and region faces. King Hussein himself appeared in the western media to talk about such things, giving interviews to Larry King. He played an important role in the Israeli/Palestinian issue. So the position of someone like Abdullah is very different from, say, a European King or Queen who is a symbolic figurehead, has no political power, and nothing to do with politics and, therefore, no such reason to talk to the media.
As for Vogue, Vanity Fair and Hello, I dont think all of that is necessary. Princes and princesses have appeared in such publications but a King is different. Still, maybe its because this Hello shoot was mostly about announcing the birth of little Hashem. It would've been odd if the entire family had been in the photos except the baby's dad. Besides, most of the pics focus on Rania and Hashem.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:08 PM
Courtier

Oh I completely agree about CNN, Humera. I was just saying its when I see King Abdullah in appropriate media such as CNN, I just don't take him as seriously as another political leader and I think that's largely due to his posing for these tabloid mags. I don't like Rania doing it so much either but in her case, I can see many other first ladies and queens doing the same thing, so I don't blame her - she has a precedent. But the King's case is different, no? It's just so odd seeing him like that.