The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Serene Highness

You can try his website; I may be mistaken but I thought there were speeches you could download and hear his voice.....Just a thought. I know I've come across some interviews with him online; will try and recall where else I heard him talk. He had a very deep, wonderful voice. Very compelling to hear so I hope you have the opportunity to do so!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
I've never heard King Hussein's voice. I try to do video searches but the search always comes up fruitless. :o

Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

Point well taken. We all have our favorites--I think--but the important thing is to engage in polite, thoughtful discussions. Discussing royalty is a hobby so it isn't necessary to make anything unpleasant by nitpicking or getting into seemingly angry exchanges. I go back and forth on QR but I try to focus on what I admire about her. I also have learned a lot from those who respect and follow QR more closely than I do. So, you try to take their perspectives into account and go from there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
One doesnt have to be jealous to not like or criticize someone. But a lot of people base their conclusions on personal feelings of dislike. I have noticed that about a few people here. Criticism is one thing, something I do myself, but to nitpick and systematically put down someone is another. Thats not called objectivity. Thats based on personal feelings like I've said before.
I dont hate or dislike any royal but there are one or two that Im not fond of. However, out of courtesy for those who like or are interested in those particular royals and come to TRF to engage in a discussion and not an argument, I simply dont post in threads about those royals.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details."

I've not been a member here for that long and I did used to visit the site before joining but I can't help but come to the same conclusion. There are alot of posters who seem to criticise Rania for EVERY thing she does. She gets alot of stick, alot of it completely undeserved in my opinion.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
A really vain woman who is as superficial as QR is sometimes made out to be would not have carried out such an ambitious schedule, not missing a single commitment to her work nor her children...and ended her day not caring how she looked in the midst of a windstorm; her only concern was that her kids saw her first! I think that's lovely.
thats all very true. The fact that her official activities are planned around her childrens' schedule, as she says in her statement, says a lot about her.
Unfortunately a lot of people tend to forget all of that and spend most of their time critiquing her appearance.
Its a pity that, at least when it comes to Rania, many people tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. She is no doubt a very hard working woman.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Serene Highness

That's my sense, too! I like to focus on her dedication to her children as it's so obvious. In formal or informal photos, they are smiling, even clowning around their mother, and you just get the sense there is a warm, close, very tight bond between them all. And her ability to merge the kids so there are no jealousies about the new baby also speaks to her capacity to being a warm, caring mother.

I recall some interview where she said it was exceptionally important to her that each child receives one on one time with her. I think that explains why the kids are so well balanced and not jealous of the new arrival. They feel secure in their mother's love so are not threatened by a new baby.

With KA's preoccupation with all that is going on in the ME today, it is vitally important IMO that QR focus on her kids. She seems to have willingly stepped out of the limelight to do so. I like that about her. I know there are royal parents who feel their official duties take precedence over their children but the kids who turn out best--again, IMO,--are the ones who have at least one parent utterly devoted to them, making sure they know they are priority 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thats all very true. The fact that her official activities are planned around her childrens' schedule, as she says in her statement, says a lot about her.
Unfortunately a lot of people tend to forget all of that and spend most of their time critiquing her appearance.
Its a pity that, at least when it comes to Rania, many people tend to focus on the negatives rather than the positives. She is no doubt a very hard working woman.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I agree. Royal duties are important but I personally wouldnt let them take precedence over the kids. Who else can kids look up to and learn from but their parents?
It makes me think of Prince Charles' comment about his mother being distant. I recall very old video footage of Queen Elizabeth returning home from a very long tour and Prince Charles, who was still very young, almost didnt recognize her as she gave him a little peck on the cheek. Forget the fact that we're talking about the stiff British royals and that it was a different time, but I found that so sad.
I remember one documentary about the British royals a few years ago, one of the commentators said something so poignant, he remarked that had Queen Elizabeth been as affectionate with her children as she is with her horses, had she taken a mother's interest in their lives, their upbringing, perhaps they wouldnt have had all the problems they faced as adults, in their relationships.
I think thats a very good point. Every one knows Queen Elizabeth to be good, dutiful monarch. But had she paid as much attention to her kids as she did to her duties, she could've avoided a lot of personal grief.
Im sure that the attention and affection Rania's kids receive will ensure that they grow up to be balanced and secure individuals, and that should help them form healthy relationships with those around them.
Old 08-28-2005, 11:47 PM
Courtier

I agree, Rania catches a lot of criticism, and comparison. A lot of comparison.
Old 08-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Heir Apparent

One of the thing I've always admired about Rania is the way she does manage to juggle her life as a mother of young children with her frantic lifestyle. Of course, she will have help but it still cannot be easy to be thrust into the limelight with such young children in the way she was. Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't both Hussein and Iman under 5 when she became Queen? She became so high profile overnight and it cannot have been easy.

I've noticed that when she became pregnant with Hashem she took a big step back and still continues to do so. I did wonder whether maybe his pregnancy was a bit more difficult and tiring than the others. In the interview she did with Hello after his birth she spoke of how much she was enjoying spending time with him which I found incredibly sweet. She seems quite a matenal person generally speaking not just with her own children but when carrying out her work duties also.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
...She gave that interview in "O" after a redeye flight from LA to Washington, starting at 6 AM that day so she could feed Salma, be interviewed, then had a full day of meetings ahead of her--with a few breaks carved out for time with Salma. I read it and wondered how in the world she was able to juggle it all!!!! I respected her commitment to her children and work at the same time but it had to have been exhausting--even with help. QR seems to be a hands on mom so just balancing work, travel and day to day operations in Jordan--and 3 children--required more energy than I have! I think she has to be an incredibly organized person to pull it all off. And very, very disciplined; I think she said as much in her interview--"if you want something badly enough you can make it happen." To top it off, she looked wonderful! I don't care how much you have in the way of resources for self-care and clothing. You can be wearing Prada and have had your hair and makeup done and still look tired. I was impressed at the fact she didn't seem the least bit tired. People who met her that day said she gave them her full attention, and she ended the day waiting out on the tarmac for the arrival of KA and Iman and Hussein. Even though her hair was being blown to bits.....it was more important to her they see her immediately when their plane arrived. Says a lot about her, I thought. A really vain woman who is as superficial as QR is sometimes made out to be would not have carried out such an ambitious schedule, not missing a single commitment to her work nor her children...and ended her day not caring how she looked in the midst of a windstorm; her only concern was that her kids saw her first! I think that's lovely.

I, too, think--as you do--it's wonderful she is focusing on her kids for now and you made a good point in saying Prince Hashem will likely be her last baby so devoting time and energies to him is very important. Good for her!

please can you tell what is 'O'?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

Im not sure but Oprah magazine?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Im not sure but Oprah magazine?
Yes ur right. O is OPrah's Mag.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Petra has posted a bunch of pics of Queen Rania to announce her birthday tomorrow.
They're not new pictures but here's the link:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Aug/30/APDaily1.htm
Old 08-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

i found a spanish article of a magazine QUIEN:

http://www.quien.com/nivel2.asp?cve=97_06

Rania on vacations
After half year to work without rest in acts of charity and officials, finally the queen of Jordan could be given a rest in the Croatia. Thus we caught it at the moment at which one arranged to do what all woman ansía: to go of shopping ... and what better than to end with the typical jewel purchase of the region.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Serene Highness

Page 10! New thread: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...679#post274679