The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Gentry

When one loves so much someone or works for the person, it is difficult to be objective...and when one criticizes someone does not necessarily mean that she/he is jealous..

Old 08-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what sounds manly to them and what doesn't lol, we can agree to disagree. :)

I think she looks a little scary in those caps! :o
:p

Old 08-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
Howcome no one is allowed to not be a die-hard Rania fan?
Lmao Alicky!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2005
When one loves so much someone or works for the person, it is difficult to be objective...and when one criticizes someone does not necessarily mean that she/he is jealous..
This makes sense,I don't hate her but I don't love her either,sometimes I find the things she does and the way she looks great and sometimes I don't,it depends,but that doesn't mean I hate her.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Courtier

yes - we don't have to LOVE her, but we don't have to HATE her either. I support some of her initiatives but i don't support others.

Why can we feel the same way about other royals such as Noor, Sophia, etc. but not about Rania? I've never understood that. Either I am a die-hard fan of Rania or I criticize one thing, and I'm jealous of her.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
One doesnt have to be jealous to not like or criticize someone. But a lot of people base their conclusions on personal feelings of dislike. I have noticed that about a few people here. Criticism is one thing, something I do myself, but to nitpick and systematically put down someone is another. Thats not called objectivity. Thats based on personal feelings like I've said before.
I dont hate or dislike any royal but there are one or two that Im not fond of. However, out of courtesy for those who like or are interested in those particular royals and come to TRF to engage in a discussion and not an argument, I simply dont post in threads about those royals.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
One doesnt have to be jealous to not like or criticize someone. But a lot of people base their conclusions on personal feelings of dislike. I have noticed that about a few people here. Criticism is one thing, something I do myself, but to nitpick and systematically put down someone is another. Thats not called objectivity. Thats based on personal feelings like I've said before.
I dont hate or dislike any royal but there are one or two that Im not fond of. However, out of courtesy for those who like or are interested in those particular royals and come to TRF to engage in a discussion and not an argument, I simply dont post in threads about those royals.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details.
They should post here and try to start up a topic , Opinions differ and if some memebers disagree with them it doesn't mean they are driving them away.
At least that's what I think.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

well lil Monkey...its not as simple as that.
The arguments Im referring to tend to get tired when you've been here for almost two years. Which is why a lot of the members that used to post in the ME forum when I first joined TRF dont post here anymore.
And I dont blame them. Its not easy putting up with the same recycled arguments day in and day out.
I think you'll see what I mean when you've been here a little longer.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

"I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details."

I've not been a member here for that long and I did used to visit the site before joining but I can't help but come to the same conclusion. There are alot of posters who seem to criticise Rania for EVERY thing she does. She gets alot of stick, alot of it completely undeserved in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I saw her interview with Kate Couric (the recent one) and her voice is quite deep but not extremely so. It's not as though she has a really husky voice or anything.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:10 PM
Courtier

i actually like her voice - it's deep but still i like it.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Courtier

I think she looks as pretty in the video as she does in pictures. Ive never heard her voice, though, so cant comment.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Courtier

I've never heard King Hussein's voice. I try to do video searches but the search always comes up fruitless. :o
Old 08-28-2005, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

King Visits Army Headquarters</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0352 4 0096 King Visits Army Headquarters Amman, Aug. 28 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces visited on Sunday the General Headquarters of the armed forces where he met with Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Khaled Jamil Sarayreh. The King and General Sarayreh discussed a number of issues of concern to the armed forces. //Petra// 281505 Local AUG 2005 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Aug/28/27161000.htm
Old 08-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Queen Rania's statement from her website:
http://www.queenrania.jo/content/profile.aspx

Im only posting the last couple of paragraphs since they mention her kids and because since Prince Hashem's birth I've had a feeling that she's enjoying being the mother of a baby again and wants to spend more time at home with the kids:

"As a working mother, juggling the demands of the job and four young children is not easy. Like all parents, I strive to achieve the right balance. My official activities take account of the children’s school day and their plans and programs, and extensive periods of time on overseas engagements are limited.

Spending a couple of hours each night with the children doing homework or reading to them in bed gives them, and me, a sense of security.

For now, I am cherishing Prince Hashem and this special time at home with my family. Being surrounded by them, grounds me and reminds me of what is important."
Old 08-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Serene Highness

I remember the first time I heard QN's voice during the Gulf War and was surprised as it seemed deeper than I'd expected but both Queen's are articulate and make their cases well for whatever cause they are speaking about.

Thank you for the update on KA's activities; I was wondering where he was and what he was doing since Aqaba. As the royal compound is so close to where the missiles were fired, I wonder how often they will be visiting it now. No one has said if QR and the children were there.

QR seems to be maintaining such a low profile lately. I know she has four children now and is likely busy with them but it will be interesting to see her in NYC in September.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

I was writing and didn't see your post, Humera. That explains why she's been so quiet recently publicly. Good for her, taking time to be with her kids!
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
pictures from the event:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Aug/28/117I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Aug/28/119I.htm
Old 08-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I was writing and didn't see your post, Humera. That explains why she's been so quiet recently publicly. Good for her, taking time to be with her kids!
yes I was going to say that when you mentioned that she was keeping a low profile. But I knew you hadn't had a chance to look at my post.
I think its good for her to take time out and be with her kids and specially the new baby. She was very busy with her duties during the first couple of years as Queen which is why she took little Salma with her on overseas visits. Im sure she wishes to be more at home this time around. Prince Hashem is very likely her last baby which I think makes her want to cherish this time even more.
Old 08-28-2005, 03:55 PM
Serene Highness

Now that you bring it up, yes indeed; she had what I would call a frenetic schedule after Salma was born. I'd read she was back working within 4 weeks after her birth. To her credit, despite the fact she was committed to a great deal of travel, she took Salma with her and arranged her schedule so she could continue breastfeeding her but it had to be quite arduous! She gave that interview in "O" after a redeye flight from LA to Washington, starting at 6 AM that day so she could feed Salma, be interviewed, then had a full day of meetings ahead of her--with a few breaks carved out for time with Salma. I read it and wondered how in the world she was able to juggle it all!!!! I respected her commitment to her children and work at the same time but it had to have been exhausting--even with help. QR seems to be a hands on mom so just balancing work, travel and day to day operations in Jordan--and 3 children--required more energy than I have! I think she has to be an incredibly organized person to pull it all off. And very, very disciplined; I think she said as much in her interview--"if you want something badly enough you can make it happen." To top it off, she looked wonderful! I don't care how much you have in the way of resources for self-care and clothing. You can be wearing Prada and have had your hair and makeup done and still look tired. I was impressed at the fact she didn't seem the least bit tired. People who met her that day said she gave them her full attention, and she ended the day waiting out on the tarmac for the arrival of KA and Iman and Hussein. Even though her hair was being blown to bits.....it was more important to her they see her immediately when their plane arrived. Says a lot about her, I thought. A really vain woman who is as superficial as QR is sometimes made out to be would not have carried out such an ambitious schedule, not missing a single commitment to her work nor her children...and ended her day not caring how she looked in the midst of a windstorm; her only concern was that her kids saw her first! I think that's lovely.

I, too, think--as you do--it's wonderful she is focusing on her kids for now and you made a good point in saying Prince Hashem will likely be her last baby so devoting time and energies to him is very important. Good for her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
yes I was going to say that when you mentioned that she was keeping a low profile. But I knew you hadn't had a chance to look at my post.
I think its good for her to take time out and be with her kids and specially the new baby. She was very busy with her duties during the first couple of years as Queen which is why she took little Salma with her on overseas visits. Im sure she wishes to be more at home this time around. Prince Hashem is very likely her last baby which I think makes her want to cherish this time even more.

Closed Thread