The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 01:47 AM
Courtier

i think they should seek state visits because that's also a way to increase awareness of the country and increase tourism as a result. plus a state visit i think is good for the economy and people will be motivated to clean up the area.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:43 AM
Heir Apparent

"I was wondering why Prince Hussein doesn't look like his age. He is 11 but he looks far much younger while Omar (Feisal's kid) looks exactly like a 12-year-old boy, though there's a year difference between them, it wouldn't affect the fact that Omar look now older and more mature. When they were around 7 and 8, they look like the same age. Now it's like Hussein stopped growing while Omar had gained a lot of weight and looks more mature."

Everybody's different and boys in particular have really unusual growth spurts. One of my cousins looked about 11 until the age of 17 and then he had a huge growth spurt. Not only was he incredibly short but he had such a babyface. And then at 17 whoosh, he just wouldn't stop growing! He's about 6ft now. Plus King Abduallah isn't tall at all so maybe his sone will be the same?

Old 08-26-2005, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami_T
Did you see the programm that I'm talking about?

I don't like many of behavior of rania,but I don't think that my opinion about her influences my eyes ,I said that I foud her good in pictures but not on TV!!

actually yes, I have seen that show. its too bad I didnt make any screen caps of it or I'd have posted them here.
I find Rania more striking on TV.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

The official Clinton Global Initiative site has a list of "Distinguished Attendees," including King Abdullah and Queen Rania, for the September conference in New York.
http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/home.nsf/pt_bio
Old 08-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
actually yes, I have seen that show. its too bad I didnt make any screen caps of it or I'd have posted them here.
I find Rania more striking on TV.
I agree, I only saw her on TV not too long ago for the first time, she did look better. She was wearing a lot of makeup, but she still looked better. Her voice was a lot deeper than I had expected too. I saw it on the Today Show:

http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1...ab958700077&rf=
Old 08-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

yes that interview was a good one. I posted caps from it in an older thread.
I have actually seen her in quite a few different interviews, documentaries etc.
I'll see if I can post some of the screen caps that haven't been posted before.
Rania does have a deep voice, both in English and Arabic.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Courtier

Did QRania exzaggerate on the make up in here:p or is it just me?!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 AM
Gentry

Her eyes looks like nighttime drama makeup. It looks heavy because her mouth is too dark for that much on the eyes.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:33 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
Her voice was a lot deeper than I had expected too. =

I've noticed the same thing,her voice is too deep almost like a man,and her way of walking is not feminine .

By the way she was walking near king abdalah without heels in the beach,and she is as tall as her husband.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Courtier

I didn't find the interview particularly great, nothing mind blowing lol. But for a fluffy five minute royal snippet on the Today Show it did pretty good.
And yeah, the one thing any makeup artist will tell you is emphasize the lips or the eyes, not both. But I think she pulls together decently most of the time.
Old 08-27-2005, 10:36 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami_T
I've noticed the same thing,her voice is too deep almost like a man,and her way of walking is not feminine .

By the way she was walking near king abdalah without heels in the beach,and she is as tall as her husband.
Lol, I never really got to see the walk. I figured her and her husband were more similar in height than you'd think thought too.
Old 08-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

please...
she has a deep voice but she doesnt sound like a man
Old 08-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
please...
she has a deep voice but she doesnt sound like a man
Actually, her deep voice shows more like a man when she speaks Arabic
Old 08-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

I disagree. I have heard her speak in English and Arabic.
She has a confident voice as a Queen should.
Nothing manly about it.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

okay here are some of the screen caps I made from a BBC doc that aired last year. Since I've posted most of them before I'll only post a few of Rania that havent been posted before.
This is the doc some of you will recall where they showed lots of footage of Queen Rania and King Abdullah at home, cooking with P.Iman etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1a.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	186047   Click image for larger version

Name:	1b.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	186048   Click image for larger version

Name:	1c.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	186049   Click image for larger version

Name:	1d.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	186050  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3 copy.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	186051   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	186052   Click image for larger version

Name:	3a.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	186053   Click image for larger version

Name:	6b.JPG
Views:	149
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	186054  

Old 08-27-2005, 12:53 PM
Courtier

Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what sounds manly to them and what doesn't lol, we can agree to disagree. :)

I think she looks a little scary in those caps! :o
Old 08-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

wow there's no pleasing some of you is there?
at least when it comes to Rania.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:19 PM
Courtier

Howcome no one is allowed to not be a die-hard Rania fan?
Old 08-27-2005, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

no one said you have to be a die-hard Rania fan. Im not one myself but you'd know that if you'd been here longer.
You may find it hard to believe but she seems to have more critics here than "fans" or even people who like her. They seem to find their way in every thread where she's even mentioned. She is criticized for everything under the sun including not being a good Muslim, a good Arab, a good Jordanian etc. None other women is attacked this way. Which is odd because she's not an anomaly in the JRF, all other women of the royal family dress like her, do the things she does, albeit more privately.
Ofcourse Im not referring to you Alicky because you dont seem to be one of those people.
Old 08-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Courtier

Lol, that is true, she gets her fair share! I'm not really a fan or a Rania-hater, but I like to gossip. :p :)

Closed Thread