The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
I am sorry if I ruffle a few feathers here, but could we please get back to posting pics of the King and Queen and discussing any news about them. I think that the entire Palestinian-Israeli conflict and even discussing what King Abdullah meant by his statements is getting too heated. None of us can know what he meant. Only he does.

Better to stop before things really escalate, I think.
Sorry, I was posting as you did! :)

Old 08-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Courtier

I never realized that Putin was that short, for some reason I was under the impression that he was the taller sort.

Old 08-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
I don't believe he was making a personal attack on the Palestinians, as the ruler of his country I believe he had the right to say what he did, seeing as it was concerning his country. I think the heading over the article was tactless, I thought his actual words ("I know and do appreciate the fears of some of you that plans may exist to redraw the map of the region and to settle some historic issues at the expense of Jordan,") were more practical. :)
Thanks for an understanding reply,Alicky.:)
Old 08-18-2005, 09:00 PM
Courtier

No problemo. :)
Old 08-18-2005, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

More from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	53405048.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	181955   Click image for larger version

Name:	53405169.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	181956   Click image for larger version

Name:	53405237.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	181957   Click image for larger version

Name:	53405412.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	181958  

Name:	53405789.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	181959   Click image for larger version

Name:	53405794.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	181960  
Old 08-18-2005, 09:03 PM
Courtier

What is that dog doing there? Lol!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
What is that dog doing there? Lol!

loooooooooool I also wonder , I hope it wasn't sort of political statement
Old 08-19-2005, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

There has been an explosion at Jordan's port of Aqaba

Failed Jordan attack on US ship
A missile has been fired at a US Navy ship docked in the Jordanian port of Aqaba, officials said.
The rocket flew over the USS Ashland and hit a neighbouring warehouse, US Commander Jeff Breslau said.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4165190.stm

its alarming that this sort of thing has happened while the King is away.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...n=theworld&col=

Russia’s Putin, Jordan’s King Abdullah II begin second day of talks
(AP)

19 August 2005

MOSCOW - President Vladimir Putin and Jordanian King Abdullah II began a second day of talks on Friday in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, Russian news agencies reported.

The two leaders were discussing bilateral relations and international issues, the Interfax, ITAR-Tass and RIA-Novosti news agencies reported.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Courtier

will jordan implement tighter security controls now that those missles were fired?
Old 08-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.star.com.jo/viewNews/Deta....aspx?nid=1187

King diagnoses political ills

By Maha Al-Sharif
Political pundits were squeezing their minds pondering at the level of political discord, among the legislative and executive authorities in the country, that forced the Hashemite Monarch to address both authorities on the people’s frustration with their elected representatives. His Majesty initiated a key milestone to framework the duties and responsibilities of the executive and legislative authorities.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.jordantimes.com/sun/homenews/homenews4.htm

Schools have vital role in combating extremism — King

AMMAN (Petra) — His Majesty King Abdullah on Saturday said schools have a vital role to play in combating extremism and promoting Islam's moderation and tolerance.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

where is Queen Rania lately? Haven't seen her much since the vacation in Croatia.
I was expecting her to accompany King Abdullah in Russia.
Oh but I suppose she wants to spend time with her kids, esp. little Hashem.
Old 08-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Gentry

I guess she and her family are in a very secure place because of what recently happened in Jordan:

(" Three rockets were fired at two US Navy ships in Jordan's Red Sea Aqaba port on Friday, but missed their targets and killed a Jordanian soldier on land." )from www.gulfnews.com :20/8/2005
Old 08-22-2005, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

yes I was wondering about that because they do spend quite a bit of time at their house in Aqaba.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...08/22/014.html

Putin Meets King, Drives to Ski Town

Combined Reports
Itar-Tass
Putin's vintage Volga parked near the new tunnel that connects Sochi with the Krasnaya Polyana ski resort on Friday.

President Vladimir Putin and Jordanian King Abdullah II held a second day of talks Friday in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, discussing bilateral relations and international issues, the Kremlin said.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:45 AM
Heir Apparent

President Clinton to Host Clinton Global Initiative

World Leaders to Convene in New York September 15-17 NEW YORK, Aug. 22 /CNW/ - Initiative (CGI), a major conference that willbring together global leaders from business, politics, science, religion, andnon-governmental organizations. The CGI will be a forum for the group todevelop concrete policies and implement solutions to the world's mostchallenging problems. Focused on results, the Clinton Global Initiative is a non-partisanconference in which attendees will participate in workshops and meetingsfocused on four main topics: poverty; religion, conflict, and reconciliation;climate change; and enhancing governance. At the conclusion of the conference,attendees will be asked to make a specific pledge to address one of thoseareas and will report on their progress to President Clinton over the courseof the year. Current confirmed attendees include King Abdullah II & Queen Rania, PrimeMinister Tony Blair, President Jacques Chirac, Prime Minister Recep TayyipErdogan, President Olusegun Obasanjo, President Leonel Fernandez Reyna,President Victor Yushchenko, Secretary General Kofi Annan, Vice Premier ShimonPeres, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, Dr. Hernando de Soto, SoniaGandhi, Jeff Immelt, Rupert Murdoch, Hank Paulson, Howard Stringer, Dr.Muhammad Yunus, Ted Turner, George Soros and many more global leaders fromvarying fields. The three-day conference will convene with a plenary session on Thursdayafternoon September 15. The event will run through Saturday September 17 andwill consist of plenary sessions, meetings, presentations, and work groups.Much of the event will be open to press, but press must be credentialed by theClinton Global Initiative. (Work space and filing space will be provided forCGI-credentialed press). Space is extremely limited. To apply for credentials please contactpress</B>clintonglobalinitiative.orghttp://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/August2005/22/c1953.html
Old 08-23-2005, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

thanx for the info Little star
Looking forward to seeing Queen Rania there!
its just the type of event I'd expect her and King Abdullah to be involved in.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Gentry

There's a photo of QR after KH's funeral and she looks beautiful, if this is how she looks without makeup during the mourning days then I assume she is beautiful. Of course, not in the glamorous way she is now but I guess she is the sort of people that the least change would lead into an overwhelming result. All she did, beside the nose job of course which I think it's a piece of cake these days, is a mini makeover on her hair styles, makeup and wardrobe but the result came in fabulous.

Anyway, if she ever wants a long lasting and waterproof makeup, she should dump such brands as Christian Dior or Lancôme, brands like Ben Nye, Crylon and Atelier would do the task just fine .
Photo copyright Ullsteinbild Press.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	thumb.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	184562  
Old 08-24-2005, 10:40 AM
Gentry

I have never seen the color of Prince Hashim's eye, are they blue? If not, I think it's kind of disappointing that all of KA s' kids didn't inherit his blue eyes, the hue of them is attractive and I think his eyes are his best feature so it would be great if one of his kids would have them. I could be wrong because I never took a close look at their kids' photos but if the memory serves me, none of them had blue eyes .

Closed Thread