The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

here's a screen cap i saved months ago
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	178041  

Old 08-10-2005, 05:03 AM
Nobility

"Moreoever why is she the only msulim Queen who is expected to show support or solidarity, Why is nobody calling for Sheikha Mozah or Sheikah Sabeeka to visit Iraq?Why is she the only person who is excpected to put her life in danger?"

Whereas I do not agree that Queen Rania should go to Iraq, it would verge on the irresponsible as the security imptications would be enormous, she has made herself a much more public figure than the other two ladies who are mentioned. They are travelling more, and independentlyof their husbands , but whilst their families were young, they stayed at home and were not see to be working outside their countries.

Old 08-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Heir Apparent

"Once again Little_Star, it's the message she was sending by holding up that glass"

What message was that then? The goalposts eem to be constantly moving.....

"Well, how many other modern day ruling queens do you know of, that go on lavish vacations when many of their countries people are living in poverty"
I imagine all Royals go on lavish vacations, you hardly expect them to star in a 3* now, do you?

"You know, I understand that media will do anything to make money,but to some extent media does run off of what you give them"
So when paparazzi photographers chase Royals or hire speedboats to photograph them on boats etc. they're "running off what they were given"
Old 08-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Royal Highness

It woudl seem as if he would say something. But he looks cool. I wonder what the green in his outfit means in relation to duties onboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
here's a screen cap i saved months ago
Old 08-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Nobility

"So when paparazzi photographers chase Royals or hire speedboats to photograph them on boats etc. they're "running off what they were given"

That's not what I meant by that.What I wanted to say was, for example, when queen rania wears something a little revealing, media might make a big deal about that, but in the end you have to realize that she is a Queen and she did wear something to give them to talk about.She has advisors whose job is to guide her how to act, speak etc. in front of cameras.I hope this is the last time we talk about this,'cause quite honestly, it's getting a bit old.:)
Old 08-10-2005, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I am sorry that I did write these comments here :o I did take your advice and wrote it in another thread although I am not sure if it is the right thread or not but if it is not the right thread just tell me and I will be thankful :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...390#post255390
I think there is even another thread where the discussion is about the relevance of monarchy. I will see if I can find it:)
Old 08-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

I agree polop. I still do not understand what I think is undue attention on QR for her wardrobe. It seems sometimes that some folks have an idea that QR should live in a hole in the ground, never go anywhere or do anything (except have babies), carry a submachine gun on her shoulder if she does go anywhere and look run down always and dress like a bum. :)

I think the only way some people would feel inspired not to criticize her so much would be if:

-she had a hump in her back
-or a wooden leg
-or always wore black potato cloths
-never showed her face or spoke in public ever again

Maybe if KA had married 'the dog-faced girl' who was could not take a single step for herself at all, then maybe some people would stop trying to run her down so much for everything she would or would not do.

Since her husband does not seem to have a problem with her clothes or how she carries herself at all, why should anyone else? :p
Old 08-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Nobility

Hiya! sorry I missed that bit, could you elabourate please? Thanks:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
As far as I'm concerned, yes he did. After signing the peace treaty with Israel, he had acquired a stronger foothold on politics in Palestine/Israel. KH visited the region often and once even attending a funeral service of some girls who were killed by a Jordanian soldier. He was involved in his business dealings.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
What I wanted to say was, for example, when queen rania wears something a little revealing, media might make a big deal about that, but in the end you have to realize that she is a Queen and she did wear something to give them to talk about.She has advisors whose job is to guide her how to act, speak etc. in front of cameras.I hope this is the last time we talk about this,'cause quite honestly, it's getting a bit old.:)
I sort of agree; if you clad yourself in dazzling high fashion designer gowns and wear your makeup like J-Lo, you have to expect that the beauty-obsessed culture/media is going to zero in on it. It's not her fault that that's how the media and/or public works, but that will be the result nonetheless.

I personally don't think she is a mere clotheshorse, (I think she is very intelligent and hard-working :)) but I can see how people would develope these opposite opinions.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Nobility

True indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
I personally don't think she is a mere clotheshorse, (I think she is very intelligent and hard-working :)) but I can see how people would develope these opposite opinions.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Nobility

I have a question.When it comes to technology I am a little challenged, to say the least.I have a couple of pictures, and is it OK if I post them and write where I got them, instead of doing all the other stuff described.Or do I have to follow the procedure written in other threads on how to post pictures?Thanks for answering!:)
Old 08-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Courtier

LOL same here, you have to have them attached or post and credit the links I think. I don't know how to attach 'em, lemme see if I can figure it out.....
Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Courtier

Does this work??
Attached Images

Old 08-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
It woudl seem as if he would say something. But he looks cool. I wonder what the green in his outfit means in relation to duties onboard.
blue actually....though it appears green on screen for most of the time.
Anyway, blue uniforms are for science/medical officers.
Its too bad Abdullah wasn't allowed to speak.
I think it would've been much more fun if he'd appeared as an alien. Then hardly anyone would've known it was him, especially since he didnt speak and wasnt credited.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

How dya do that? I can do so otherwise but not from pictures of my own collection. Wow!:) :) :p

Quote:
Does this work??
Old 08-10-2005, 08:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
LOL same here, you have to have them attached or post and credit the links I think. I don't know how to attach 'em, lemme see if I can figure it out.....
What do you mean by "post and credit the links?"Thanks for all the help!:)
Old 08-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Royal Highness

Iwas thinking that. They could have put soem weird stuff on his ears, but he woudl look more like an elf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
blue actually....though it appears green on screen for most of the time.

Anyway, blue uniforms are for science/medical officers.
Its too bad Abdullah wasn't allowed to speak.
I think it would've been much more fun if he'd appeared as an alien. Then hardly anyone would've known it was him, especially since he didnt speak and wasnt credited.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:07 PM
Courtier

He would have LOL! He is very short. :) How short is he exactly? Does anyone know?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
How dya do that? I can do so otherwise but not from pictures of my own collection. Wow!:) :) :p
I found the thread where they instruct you on posting attached files. I had to fiddle with it a bit.

As far as posting and crediting links, if you post the link to the pic, I guess you have to state where it/they came from.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Nobility

Thanks Alicky!:)

Quote:
I found the thread where they instruct you on posting attached files. I had to fiddle with it a bit.

As far as posting and crediting links, if you post the link to the pic, I guess you have to state where it/they came from.