King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 4: July 9-August 30, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think they should seek state visits because that's also a way to increase awareness of the country and increase tourism as a result. plus a state visit i think is good for the economy and people will be motivated to clean up the area.

"I was wondering why Prince Hussein doesn't look like his age. He is 11 but he looks far much younger while Omar (Feisal's kid) looks exactly like a 12-year-old boy, though there's a year difference between them, it wouldn't affect the fact that Omar look now older and more mature. When they were around 7 and 8, they look like the same age. Now it's like Hussein stopped growing while Omar had gained a lot of weight and looks more mature."

Everybody's different and boys in particular have really unusual growth spurts. One of my cousins looked about 11 until the age of 17 and then he had a huge growth spurt. Not only was he incredibly short but he had such a babyface. And then at 17 whoosh, he just wouldn't stop growing! He's about 6ft now. Plus King Abduallah isn't tall at all so maybe his sone will be the same?

Tami_T said:
Did you see the programm that I'm talking about?

I don't like many of behavior of rania,but I don't think that my opinion about her influences my eyes:rolleyes: ,I said that I foud her good in pictures but not on TV!!

actually yes, I have seen that show. its too bad I didnt make any screen caps of it or I'd have posted them here.
I find Rania more striking on TV.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
actually yes, I have seen that show. its too bad I didnt make any screen caps of it or I'd have posted them here.
I find Rania more striking on TV.
I agree, I only saw her on TV not too long ago for the first time, she did look better. She was wearing a lot of makeup, but she still looked better. Her voice was a lot deeper than I had expected too. I saw it on the Today Show:

http://video.msn.com/video/p.htm?t=1&p=Source_Today%20Show&i=7ea56811-811b-4607-8d4a-cab958700077&rf=

yes that interview was a good one. I posted caps from it in an older thread.
I have actually seen her in quite a few different interviews, documentaries etc.
I'll see if I can post some of the screen caps that haven't been posted before.
Rania does have a deep voice, both in English and Arabic.

Did QRania exzaggerate on the make up in here:p or is it just me?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Her eyes looks like nighttime drama makeup. It looks heavy because her mouth is too dark for that much on the eyes.

Alicky said:
Her voice was a lot deeper than I had expected too. =

I've noticed the same thing,her voice is too deep almost like a man,and her way of walking is not feminine:confused: .

By the way she was walking near king abdalah without heels in the beach,and she is as tall as her husband.

I didn't find the interview particularly great, nothing mind blowing lol. But for a fluffy five minute royal snippet on the Today Show it did pretty good.
And yeah, the one thing any makeup artist will tell you is emphasize the lips or the eyes, not both. But I think she pulls together decently most of the time.

Tami_T said:
I've noticed the same thing,her voice is too deep almost like a man,and her way of walking is not feminine:confused: .

By the way she was walking near king abdalah without heels in the beach,and she is as tall as her husband.
Lol, I never really got to see the walk. I figured her and her husband were more similar in height than you'd think thought too.

please...
she has a deep voice but she doesnt sound like a man:rolleyes:

~*~Humera~*~ said:
please...
she has a deep voice but she doesnt sound like a man:rolleyes:

Actually, her deep voice shows more like a man when she speaks Arabic

I disagree. I have heard her speak in English and Arabic.
She has a confident voice as a Queen should.
Nothing manly about it.

okay here are some of the screen caps I made from a BBC doc that aired last year. Since I've posted most of them before I'll only post a few of Rania that havent been posted before.
This is the doc some of you will recall where they showed lots of footage of Queen Rania and King Abdullah at home, cooking with P.Iman etc.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Untitled-3 copy.jpg
    Untitled-3 copy.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 204
  • 3a.JPG
    3a.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 6b.JPG
    6b.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 216
Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what sounds manly to them and what doesn't lol, we can agree to disagree. :)

I think she looks a little scary in those caps! :eek:

wow there's no pleasing some of you is there?
at least when it comes to Rania.

Howcome no one is allowed to not be a die-hard Rania fan?

no one said you have to be a die-hard Rania fan. Im not one myself but you'd know that if you'd been here longer.
You may find it hard to believe but she seems to have more critics here than "fans" or even people who like her. They seem to find their way in every thread where she's even mentioned. She is criticized for everything under the sun including not being a good Muslim, a good Arab, a good Jordanian etc. None other women is attacked this way. Which is odd because she's not an anomaly in the JRF, all other women of the royal family dress like her, do the things she does, albeit more privately.
Ofcourse Im not referring to you Alicky because you dont seem to be one of those people.

Lol, that is true, she gets her fair share! I'm not really a fan or a Rania-hater, but I like to gossip. :p :)

When one loves so much someone or works for the person, it is difficult to be objective...and when one criticizes someone does not necessarily mean that she/he is jealous..:rolleyes:

Alicky said:
Everyone is going to have a different opinion on what sounds manly to them and what doesn't lol, we can agree to disagree. :)

I think she looks a little scary in those caps! :eek:

;) :cool: :p

Citizen2005 said:
When one loves so much someone or works for the person, it is difficult to be objective...and when one criticizes someone does not necessarily mean that she/he is jealous..:rolleyes:

This makes sense,I don't hate her but I don't love her either,sometimes I find the things she does and the way she looks great and sometimes I don't,it depends,but that doesn't mean I hate her.

yes - we don't have to LOVE her, but we don't have to HATE her either. I support some of her initiatives but i don't support others.

Why can we feel the same way about other royals such as Noor, Sophia, etc. but not about Rania? I've never understood that. Either I am a die-hard fan of Rania or I criticize one thing, and I'm jealous of her.

I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
One doesnt have to be jealous to not like or criticize someone. But a lot of people base their conclusions on personal feelings of dislike. I have noticed that about a few people here. Criticism is one thing, something I do myself, but to nitpick and systematically put down someone is another. Thats not called objectivity. Thats based on personal feelings like I've said before.
I dont hate or dislike any royal but there are one or two that Im not fond of. However, out of courtesy for those who like or are interested in those particular royals and come to TRF to engage in a discussion and not an argument, I simply dont post in threads about those royals.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
One doesnt have to be jealous to not like or criticize someone. But a lot of people base their conclusions on personal feelings of dislike. I have noticed that about a few people here. Criticism is one thing, something I do myself, but to nitpick and systematically put down someone is another. Thats not called objectivity. Thats based on personal feelings like I've said before.
I dont hate or dislike any royal but there are one or two that Im not fond of. However, out of courtesy for those who like or are interested in those particular royals and come to TRF to engage in a discussion and not an argument, I simply dont post in threads about those royals.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details.

They should post here and try to start up a topic , Opinions differ and if some memebers disagree with them it doesn't mean they are driving them away.
At least that's what I think.

well lil Monkey...its not as simple as that.
The arguments Im referring to tend to get tired when you've been here for almost two years. Which is why a lot of the members that used to post in the ME forum when I first joined TRF dont post here anymore.
And I dont blame them. Its not easy putting up with the same recycled arguments day in and day out.
I think you'll see what I mean when you've been here a little longer.

"I dont know why the word jealous is being brought up. I certainly didnt mention it.
I have been told personally by several TRF members that they'd like to participate in threads involving Queen Rania but have been driven away by certain members who do nothing but argue and criticize her for the smallest details."

I've not been a member here for that long and I did used to visit the site before joining but I can't help but come to the same conclusion. There are alot of posters who seem to criticise Rania for EVERY thing she does. She gets alot of stick, alot of it completely undeserved in my opinion.

I saw her interview with Kate Couric (the recent one) and her voice is quite deep but not extremely so. It's not as though she has a really husky voice or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom