The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
If a glass (filled with forbidden drink, alcohol) touches another (not filled with alcohol), then the non-alcoholic cup becomes forbidden.

The Arabic language is so eloquent that 7 words is translated into 21 words in English!
Thanks,I have been up all night trying to look for the source and to see if the Prophet or one of the sahaba said it ... I'll ask sm1 and let u guys know...

Thanks again :)

Old 08-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Thanks,I have been up all night trying to look for the source and to see if the Prophet or one of the sahaba said it ... I'll ask sm1 and let u guys know...

Thanks again :)
u are right , i read this one many many times , and the Prophet say it

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 08-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star

If it even was a glass of wine or champagne. It could have been anything, after all grape juice looks no different to white wine. I find it more offensive that so many of the muslims on this board are quick to judge and criticise her over an unidentified drink.
you find us or as you said ( many of the muslims on this board ) are quick to judge and criticise , then just let me to remaind you about what you said before
( seeing as I'm muslim I was hardly mocking my own religious beliefs. In my opinion the entire abaya and niqab uniform that seems to be so common these days is ridiculous and unnecessary. Moreover there is nothing in the Qur'an that says these items must be worn, modesty is emphasised, not specific items. )

and you also said ( Just becuase some misguided muslims "adopted" it does not make it Islamic. )

I am not talking here about if what you said before right or wrong I am talking about how you are also judge and criticise what you don't like , so that will put you in the same state with us .

"Princess: A True Story of Life Behind the Veil in Saudi Arabia" - Jean P Sasson 1992
Old 08-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

houri, I've never claimed to be perfect, some of the posters here seem to think they are better muslims than Rania though. Their tone gives that away.

The difference is I was stating my personal opinion on a niqab, not claiming that a muslim woman is a bad person bcause she allegedly drinks. None of which has been proven to be true.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Moreover, I ddn't say that a woman who wears a niqab was ridiculous, but that the item of clotihng itself was. There's a vast amount of difference.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Courtier

I swear and I really honest with you I am trying to understand what is the difference between called the person who is wears the item ridiculous and called the item itself ridiculous , personally it was my choice so is that make me ridiculous because according to you I did make ridiculous choice by wear ridiculous items ?!

it is not important to me any more to hear what is your explanation for what was said by you , I just want to say that you also adjudge and criticizing as any one on this forum , and you don't need to say (I find it more offensive that so many of the muslims on this board are quick to judge and criticise ) , I hope you relize that their opinion didn't came from space most of them explained the religious reason that they did build their criticism on .

just try to not keep trying to look at us as ( misguided muslims ) !

let just try to not make offensive statements through writing offensive words and keep respect each other by respecting other opinions .
Old 08-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

"I swear and I really honest with you I am trying to understand what is the difference between called the person who is wears the item ridiculous and called the item itself ridiculous , personally it was my choice so is that make me ridiculous because according to you I did make ridiculous choice by wear ridiculous items ?! "

I'll give you another example. I dislike white jeans, just because somebody wears white jeans doesn't mean I'll automatically dislike them. Do you see the subtle, yet all important diference?
I personally detest niqabs, but that does not mean I would dislike the person wearing one. Do you understand?
Old 08-09-2005, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Well, if he's allowing the US to use Jordan as means to enter Iraq, I think it is the least he can do to go to Iraq and analyze the situation for himself.
Thank-you!!!:) :) I know that it might seem a little exagerated but many muslim leaders such as King Abdullah, do the crime and make the common man do the time.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"I swear and I really honest with you I am trying to understand what is the difference between called the person who is wears the item ridiculous and called the item itself ridiculous , personally it was my choice so is that make me ridiculous because according to you I did make ridiculous choice by wear ridiculous items ?! "

I'll give you another example. I dislike white jeans, just because somebody wears white jeans doesn't mean I'll automatically dislike them. Do you see the subtle, yet all important diference?
I personally detest niqabs, but that does not mean I would dislike the person wearing one. Do you understand?
Even that I don't see why you did chose ( white jeans ) that any one on the earth could wears it , to compare with specific clothes wore by specific people , but any way I will take that example and work on it
let us imagine that you met some one wear white jeans would you tell him that his white jeans looks ridiculous in your personal opinion , what he will feel ? , are you think that person will not take it personally , if you say to a muslim woman that her clothes look ridiculous do you think she will think you don't like the color of her clothes or the fabric or she will think you attacking her personally because her clothes reflect her believes or her traditional etc ..
so no I don't really understand your explanation although I respect that you did make effort to explain what you said
now you are very young and if you will live to 70 or 80 enshalla maybe you will change your style in clothing according to the changes that maybe occur on your believes so maybe you will not find ( white jeans ) ridiculous at last :)

sorry to went off the topic , come back to the queen , she very active woman who do alot for her country but in the same time some of her people have some criticism on her, and they have the right to do so because in the end she is their Queen who represent them to the world nothing she do will take it the world as a personal behavior , the world will say Queen Rania of Jordan did that they will not just say Rania did that .

in the end it just my opinion and I hope no one will find it offensive .
Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
can some one explain to me how the person can be adaptable and modern ?
I really don't understand this point ( that the queen represent a modern face of her country ) .
A Queen and King represents a modern face of her country through the vision that she projects to the world. and when I say 'vision' I do not mean her face, just in in case someone may want to mis-interpret that part of the statement.

Adaptability and modernity are very common terms, just like the terms civility and sophistication. Someone is 'adaptable' if they are able to adjust to their surroundings as necessary. In this case, HM Queen Rania has had to make an adjustment to the World stage and she has had to work with HM King Abdullah in presenting their collective vision of Jordan to the rest of the world.

In my own opinion, someone is considered 'modern' if they exhibit behaviors showing not only adaptability that I have mentioned, but also that they understand that they are not stagnating in a corner (like stagnant water, or unable to move forward); that they are moving in a positive direction in their development -- globally, I believe that both QR and KA have worked very hard to present to the rest of the world that Jordan is a country that seeks development in several areas. As well, they have worked to present and preserve diplomatic interface with western countries. And while there is certainly work to do in many areas (I am sure someone would be more than happy to list all the areas that need improvement), I believe that they have worked very hard to show that their country and their people are an integral part of the world community -- citizens that are deserving of the respect and consideration of other nations. Period.

That is what I mean by adaptable and modern -- some may be very fast to say something like 'those things are redundant!', but ok -- I hope that helps make it clearer.:)

QR has an integral part in the diplomatic efforts of her country - I will not go into what I mean by the statement that a queen has a diplomatic role for her country, as I believe most may understand that point already.

That is what I mean when I say that QR and of course KA represent their country and adaptable and modern -- or at the minimum, a vision of where they would like to see their country on the world stage.

But again, that is just my opinion:p
Old 08-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Royal Highness

Have you guys read this article? it is an excellent read and discloses alot about how KA, QR thinks. He is even explicit about the role of QN.

Learning How To Be King
You dress in mufti and learn your people's problems firsthand. You get on the phone with Barak and Clinton. You try not to forget that your lineage stretches back to the prophet Muhammad, or that 'Dharma and Greg' is on tonight. By JEFFREY GOLDBERG

http://www.library.cornell.edu/colld...t/abdl2jor.htm
Old 08-09-2005, 03:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I can think of many reasons why QR shouldn't visit Iraq. There isn't any need for her to put her life in danger just to prove that she isn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

Well said and I agree.:p

I am certain that both QR and King Abdullah are quite certain of their identities; they know who they are. I am also sure that they both have a very deep sense of commitment to the well being of their people and their country. :)
Old 08-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
u are right , i read this one many many times , and the Prophet say it
ELhamdullah , For a sec I thought I was wrong ...THanks :)
Old 08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
A Queen and King represents a modern face of her country through the vision that she projects to the world. and when I say 'vision' I do not mean her face, just in in case someone may want to mis-interpret that part of the statement.

Adaptability and modernity are very common terms, just like the terms civility and sophistication. Someone is 'adaptable' if they are able to adjust to their surroundings as necessary. In this case, HM Queen Rania has had to make an adjustment to the World stage and she has had to work with HM King Abdullah in presenting their collective vision of Jordan to the rest of the world.

In my own opinion, someone is considered 'modern' if they exhibit behaviors showing not only adaptability that I have mentioned, but also that they understand that they are not stagnating in a corner (like stagnant water, or unable to move forward); that they are moving in a positive direction in their development -- globally, I believe that both QR and KA have worked very hard to present to the rest of the world that Jordan is a country that seeks development in several areas. As well, they have worked to present and preserve diplomatic interface with western countries. And while there is certainly work to do in many areas (I am sure someone would be more than happy to list all the areas that need improvement), I believe that they have worked very hard to show that their country and their people are an integral part of the world community -- citizens that are deserving of the respect and consideration of other nations. Period.

That is what I mean by adaptable and modern -- some may be very fast to say something like 'those things are redundant!', but ok -- I hope that helps make it clearer.:)

QR has an integral part in the diplomatic efforts of her country - I will not go into what I mean by the statement that a queen has a diplomatic role for her country, as I believe most may understand that point already.

That is what I mean when I say that QR and of course KA represent their country and adaptable and modern -- or at the minimum, a vision of where they would like to see their country on the world stage.

But again, that is just my opinion:p

thank you for taking the time to explain , it is interesting opinion
but even if the K and the Q want to represent modern face for their country , their titles not modern in any way , or monarchy represent modernity in these days ?!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Nobility

"I find it more offensive that so many of the muslims on this board are quick to judge and criticise her over an unidentified drink."

Once again Little_Star, it's the message she was sending by holding up that glass.

"With regards Iraq I thought Rania and Abdullah had made a trip, I can recall seeing pics of her with Talabani's wife. Or were those taken in Jordan?
Moreoever why is she the only msulim Queen who is expected to show support or solidarity, Why is nobody calling for Sheikha Mozah or Sheikah Sabeeka to visit Iraq?Why is she the only person who is excpected to put her life in danger?"

Well, how many other modern day ruling queens do you know of, that go on lavish vacations when many of their countries people are living in poverty.Not to mention that many of these vacation were taken with the money of Jordanian people.I understand that she is the queen and needs security, but why does she need a person to hold an umberella over her head??? (many times it wasn't even raining!!!)By the way those pictures were taken in Jordan.

"I expect Rania, more than many many others knows about the suffering of her fellow muslim from her childhood visits to Tulkarm in the West Bank. "

It's great that she knows the pain of her fellow muslim brothers and sisters but she should show it too, by visiting these sorts of places.

"Isn't that the media's fault more than hers though? Rania could turn up to an international summit in a potato sack and the media would probably talk of her "innovative style". She doesn't have control over what the media chooses to produce."

You know, I understand that media will do anything to make money,but to some extent media does run off of what you give them.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
thank you for taking the time to explain , it is interesting opinion
but even if the K and the Q want to represent modern face for their country , their titles not modern in any way , or monarchy represent modernity in these days ?!
You are welcome. :)

The description 'king' or 'queen' or any other title for 'royalty' is certainly not new; as you already know. But that was not the question as was asked originally.:p

I believe (but am not totally certain) that KA and QR had no say over their 'titles'.

Many people are also aware that the idea of a ruler/representative for a group of people and their lands that they claim -- as you already clearly know -- goes back certainly well before the time of the emporers and pharoahs.

If you are implying a question about the relevancy of a 'King' or 'Queen' or monarch or any such position related to that -- I think that issue is in play on another thread already.:)
Old 08-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Have any pictures been published of Queen Rania in Riyadh for the death of King Fahd? I've read that Princess Noor was with her as well.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.jordantimes.com/mon/homenews/homenews2.htm

King visits Maan

By Mohammad Ghazal
Old 08-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the picture!:)
Old 08-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillia
You are welcome. :)

The description 'king' or 'queen' or any other title for 'royalty' is certainly not new; as you already know. But that was not the question as was asked originally.:p

I believe (but am not totally certain) that KA and QR had no say over their 'titles'.

Many people are also aware that the idea of a ruler/representative for a group of people and their lands that they claim -- as you already clearly know -- goes back certainly well before the time of the emporers and pharoahs.

If you are implying a question about the relevancy of a 'King' or 'Queen' or monarch or any such position related to that -- I think that issue is in play on another thread already.:)

I am sorry that I did write these comments here :o I did take your advice and wrote it in another thread although I am not sure if it is the right thread or not but if it is not the right thread just tell me and I will be thankful :)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...390#post255390

Closed Thread