The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Courtier

Thank you so much for that last article!!

Old 08-08-2005, 12:33 AM
Courtier

Some nice ones!:p
http://www.geocities.com/jordanroyal...s/2004-ivf.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/abdraniajor...kaqrmaroon.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/abdraniajordan/abdullah01/royalkaqr07.jpgNew Tiara?

http://www.geocities.com/abdraniajor...2/kq2004-1.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kaqr3queen rania.gif
Views:	149
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	177438   Click image for larger version

Name:	kqpetraqueenrania.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	177439   Click image for larger version

Name:	kaqr4rania2222.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	177440   Click image for larger version

Name:	afpphotos367489newrania.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	177441  

Name:	afpphotos512822ranianew.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	177442   Click image for larger version

Name:	tassphotos063386nnewrania.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	177443   Click image for larger version

Name:	upiphotos064635newrabia.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	177444   Click image for larger version

Name:	zumaphotos261618newrania.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	177445  

Old 08-08-2005, 01:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
But wouldn't it look kind of weird if a toast was made and QR was holding a cup? Maybe they coudl put orange juice in it instead to distinguish it from wine.
With all due and respect, Queen Rania really shouldn't be concerned with what looks "weird" or not, she should be concerned with what's right and wrong.Her going to these kind of places dressing like every body else, acting like everybody else and now eating like everyone else,really doesn't make her respected woman in the Muslim world.She should be her own person, proud to be a Jordanian Muslim, but it seems like she is not.Quite honestly, if she dyed her hair blonde,you couldn't tell her apart from other queens.(which is a bad thing.)At a time, when Muslims are being given a bad name because of some people, she should stand out and defend us,not blend in with the crowd.(All of this is my opinion.:) )
Old 08-08-2005, 03:29 AM
Courtier

epa000498536 Jordan's King Abdullah II (R) accompanied with his halh brother Prince Ali ibn Hussein upon their arrival at the Jordanian city of Ma'an 200 Km south of Jordanian Capital, Amman on Sunday 07 August 2005, The King's visits to the country's largest city in south, where thousands of residents lined the streets to welcome the monarch is the largest public display of support since he assumed power in 1999. EPA/JAMAL NASRALLAH

and this one too , from addustour newspaper
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	epaphotos396905.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	177448  
Attached Images

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 08-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Courtier

I never realized Abdullah was so much shorter than Ali. Looks like Ali's growing a beard.
Old 08-08-2005, 05:21 AM
Commoner

picKing Abdullah with Mahmoud Abbas

anyone notice that the jordanian flag is in the opposite direction?

i guess they need to fire whoever is in charge of wardrobe...hehe
Old 08-08-2005, 05:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sommone
I never realized Abdullah was so much shorter than Ali. Looks like Ali's growing a beard.

yes PA is taller than KA maybe by 6 cm , i wonder what is PA's hight and weight

i like the bear on him , he is so cute with it
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 08-08-2005, 06:37 AM
Heir Apparent

"With all due and respect, Queen Rania really shouldn't be concerned with what looks "weird" or not"

Everyone and anyone who is in the public eye has to be concerned about what "looks" right. Especially someone as high-ranking as Rania.

"Her going to these kind of places dressing like every body else, acting like everybody else and now eating like everyone else,really doesn't make her respected woman in the Muslim world"

There are plenty of muslims who like and respect Rania, you certainly aren't the spokesperson for the "Muslim World".

"At a time, when Muslims are being given a bad name because of some people, she should stand out and defend us,not blend in with the crowd.(All of this is my opinion.:) )"

I take it you've missed her interviews in which she's spoken out against terrorism. Personally I find it incomprehensible that people think Rania is a bad role model when you look at the current political climate.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Courtier

I didn't realize Ali's hair was getting so thin at the top there.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist

Oh my God,I never noticed...This is Very funny,Didn't any of his advisors or ministers notice that? Didn't HE notice that? WOW!
I'm in Shock!!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:43 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan_frist

i can't believe it
Old 08-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Courtier

I noticed but I wasn't sure if it was like that for a reason?
Old 08-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Nobility

There are plenty of muslims who like and respect Rania, you certainly aren't the spokesperson for the "Muslim World".
Um, I never said I was a spokesperson for the muslim world!!! She is so concerned with impressing everyone else, she should consider how people in her own country feel about her actions.I don't know about you, but I respect people because of their ethics and actions, not because of their titles or how much money they have!

I take it you've missed her interviews in which she's spoken out against terrorism. Personally I find it incomprehensible that people think Rania is a bad role model when you look at the current political climate.

I haven't missed any interviews by her, thank-you very much! Any time she gives an interview, she only defends herself."We don't approve of this....."What I meant was that at a time when people are afraid to say that they are muslims, she should give them a voice.Nobody speaks for the Iraqi muslims, Afghani muslims, and not as a queen but as muslim she should stand up and speak for whats right or wrong.I never said she was a bad role model??!!!And by the way, what's there about her that makes her a good role model???She's not teaching young girls to be who they are, but rather showing them you should be like everyone else, even if that means sacrificing what you believe in.
To you that may have been just a glass of wine which she held up and probably didn't even drink,but to me it seemed offensive.ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS!!
Old 08-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Courtier

What exactly has Queen Rania done to try and be like everyone else? And when she says "we," doesn't she mean Muslims and/or Jordanians? In the interviews I've seen of her, that's what she's doing. Which time/s did you mean?
Old 08-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Nobility

In my opinion, the way she dresses.I mean I realize that she is at international events but still.Do you remember the time when she went to this Spanish Wedding pre-rehearsal or something, and she had a strapless dress on with jewels.(that's what it looked like)I just thought she could've had something on that covered her more.Someone in the previous thread posted a picture of her, where she had a bathing suit on! I am not going into to detail about that because we all already discussed that.In recent pictures of her, she was wearing a sleeveless shirt with capris.I know to many of you it's not a big deal but considering the fact that she is a muslim queen,it offends me a bit.

What I meant by "we" was that although she does use the word, and means to represent Jordanian people,by the end of the interview it seems like she just meant to say that "I had nothing to do with it, and I condem it..."You know instead of visiting American schools,hitech facilities etc, maybe she should try going to Iraq where Muslim men and woman are really suffering.By doing that she would shed some light upon those issues which really matter. (I hope I told you what I wanted to say Alicky.)
Old 08-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

"You know instead of visiting American schools,hitech facilities etc, maybe she should try going to Iraq where Muslim men and woman are really suffering.By doing that she would shed some light upon those issues which really matter. (I hope I told you what I wanted to say Alicky.)"

Should she do a full tour of Iraq -- even though it is currently very dangerous to do such a thing, is that a suggestion for what the Queen of Jordan should do? :)

How do you think her husband would feel about it should she do such a thing?

How come the suggestion is not for King Abdullah to do such a thing -- especially since he is the King of Jordan, a Muslim himself, and he is the one in charge -- certainly he can do a nice job representing in Iraq?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
In my opinion, the way she dresses.I mean I realize that she is at international events but still.Do you remember the time when she went to this Spanish Wedding pre-rehearsal or something, and she had a strapless dress on with jewels.(that's what it looked like)I just thought she could've had something on that covered her more.Someone in the previous thread posted a picture of her, where she had a bathing suit on! I am not going into to detail about that because we all already discussed that.In recent pictures of her, she was wearing a sleeveless shirt with capris.I know to many of you it's not a big deal but considering the fact that she is a muslim queen,it offends me a bit.

What I meant by "we" was that although she does use the word, and means to represent Jordanian people,by the end of the interview it seems like she just meant to say that "I had nothing to do with it, and I condem it..."You know instead of visiting American schools,hitech facilities etc, maybe she should try going to Iraq where Muslim men and woman are really suffering.By doing that she would shed some light upon those issues which really matter. (I hope I told you what I wanted to say Alicky.)
What do you wear when you go swimming? :p :)

As far as her her interviews, I was rather impressed by where she stands. I mean, it was all said with diplomacy and tact, but her stance was clear and I was glad she said what she did. On U.S./Arab/Israeli affairs and her defence of Islam I mean.

The only problem I have with her wardrobe (again, coming from different cultures we will all of course have differing opinions on what is modest and what is not :)) is that it can look(and does to me) tactless, representing a country that is not wealthy.

I also think that when you are that fashion savvy, that glamorous, the attention naturally will not be on what she has to say, but on what she's wearing. Queen Noor made very sure that her wardrobe never upstaged her and her work, by simplifying her wardrobe she kept the focus in the right places. But then again, if Rania likes to sparkle and wear pretty clothes, who can blame her, I like to too lol! She can't help where the media puts its emphasis, and she shouldn't have to be a slave to the media and should be able to wear whatever she wants. But she should know that her glamour will upstage her more important undertakings.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
Please can I put in my two cents for what it is worth. Toasting as far as I have been told is not specifically mentioned one way or another in Islam. It is simply a tradition of honouring a guest. Many countries all over the world follow the practice at formal gatherings, and not just in the west, but in the Far East as well, where toasts ( and yes, usually in alcholhol) are de rigeur. I know that formal, ie governmental, be they republics or monarchies, dinners in many Muslim countries include toasts, in juice usually. I know this is definitely so in Jordan, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, , and Iran in the days of the Shah. I don't know what happens now. But these are all Muslim countries where the formal dinners would be non totally non alcoholic. Eventually this practice may well be discontinued as people become, I think unfortunately, more chauvinistic, but for the moment it continues. Surely, it cannot have been adopted and gone on for so long and be against Islamic teachings.

Find sm1 to transelate this for you and you will know it was mentioned in Islam...Toasts may not be mentioned in a direct way but this was mentioned....

(ETHA DOKKAT AL K2OOS HORIMA MA FEEHA) (Can sm1 transelate please?)
It is against Islams' teaching,I am not just saying anything here,I am sure of what I say and elhamdullah I am aware of what's acceptable and what's not in Islam,so please Dear,If u dunno much about Islam dun just say I heard and I have been told,Qura'an and Sunna are the things we build our judgments upon,whether certain things are acceptable or not.

Again,I am not so religious but I know alot about my religion elhamdullah again.:)
Old 08-08-2005, 08:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicky
What do you wear when you go swimming? :p :)

The only problem I have with her wardrobe (again, coming from different cultures we will all of course have differing opinions on what is modest and what is not :)) is that it can look(and does to me) tactless, representing a country that is not wealthy.

I also think that when you are that fashion savvy, that glamorous, the attention naturally will not be on what she has to say, but on what she's wearing. Queen Noor made very sure that her wardrobe never upstaged her and her work, by simplifying her wardrobe she kept the focus in the right places. But then again, if Rania likes to sparkle and wear pretty clothes, who can blame her, I like to too lol! She can't help where the media puts its emphasis, and she shouldn't have to be a slave to the media and should be able to wear whatever she wants. But she should know that her glamour will upstage her more important undertakings.

True, also when QN indeed did dress in an elabourate (yet beautiful) fashion, she ensured that an equilibrium was declared between her attire and tasks. Thereby not defeating the purpose of her initiative's and various works.

Moreover, during the earlier years of QR Marriage to KA, she wore on menay occasions Palestinian and Jordanian cultural attire, even more so than any other style. Why didn't she continue to do so? That's One of the the many reasons as to why so many had confidence within her, because of her ability to be Culturally glamerous. This thereby emphasized (amongst other factors) Jordans beautiful Culture and History.

Nothing is wrong indeed as Alicky said with revceiving Media attention. However, One should take care and realise that as soon as it becomes apparent that One's physical appearance is highlight more than One's duties and achievements, One should by the very least (not saying that QR hasn't) attempt to lesson the attention by either the afore or other methods. By no means do I criticise QR. Therefore more emphasis would be placed upon such important matters. :)
Old 08-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Serene Highness

I think QR does an excellent job representing her country. It has been said before, and it may need to be said again -- QR is a public figure and also someone who represents her country to the entire world -- when in an interaction with other diplomats or heads of state (other royalty, presidents, and so forth) -- she needs to be a modern face of her country, and show that her country is broadly appealing and fits into the rest of the world. It would not due for her to represent in any way the country being 'stand-off', unable to fit in and modernize (that does not mean cast of traditions, just adaptable).

Anyone that would find it acceptable for her to wear attire not suited to her position in the world stage is looking at things in a very narrow way, in my opinion. That would make no more sense than if she would go into a conference in Paris, London or Zurich or New York meeting speaking only arabic and insisting that speaking english is not a good idea because english is not the first language of people from Jordan. While arabic is a certainly a beautiful language like many of her own traditions, she must represent the country's own adaptability and modernity in the world.

I think she does very well as a face for her people. She is a Queen and she knows her job.

Anyway, her husband King Abdullah seems not to have an issue with her clothes, and I assume he pays for them and even if he does not, he sees her in them all the time.

Closed Thread