The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Royal Highness

At the funeral of King Fahd. From newscom.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ka.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	175698  

Old 08-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

a few screen caps of King Abdullah at the funeral
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	175719   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	175720   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	175721  

Old 08-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
"But did she drink it though? ask yourself this. :)"

Why is it you are prepared to ask yourself this question where Noor is concerned but not Rania?

"All I can say is that Im glad Rania follows her own judgement and doesnt get to hear all the judgemental and sanctimonious comments directed at her. Otherwise she'd spend her entire life trying to please others who think they're better than her."
I completely agree, I cannot believe how morally superior some of her critics think they are!

"well this is what i need to know bsfore reading whatever about alcohol , read the Qura'an"
You "need" to know?! I don't need your "advice" on following my owjn faith, I've read the Qur'an many times and continue to do so regularly. However I'm not so insular as to not look at the Qur'an in its correct context.

Hold of Little_star! IF you HAD read all the posts that I placed, YOU WOULD HAVE READ that I actually said that I didn't know either way, therefore I'm not going to judge her. Although I mightn't be a fan of hers, the way I used to be, I wouldn't let it dictate that I should bear false witness against her!. ALSO I said that although others deem a glass of wine to be haram. Others deem it to be even a drop of wine or several glasses, it deepends upon the constitution of ther person and whether or not it takes them beyond their senses. As it states in Islam. AS YOU ALREADY KNOW!

I KNOW THAT YOU ARE MUSLIMAH, AS AM I and WAS NOT TELLING YOU HOW TO PRACTICE ISLAM. So DON'T get stroppy with me alright! Where did you read that? I think to do that to another Muslim is rude, telling them how to be a muslim and not letting them used their own sensibilities to judge for themselves. Why is that certain individuals only wish to read selectively and want to metaphorically come down like a ton of bricks, when THEY'VE MISCONSTRUDE something because it wasn't carefully read?

I furthermore, I NEVER SAID WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW about alchohol before reading the Qur'an! so DON'T twist my words!

HOW DARE YOU call me sanctimonious! I never said anything with regards to the issue! Someone else was harsh on her and I stated both sides of the argument! ONLY WHEN I GOT THE FACTS. I DIDN'T even know what the fuss was about! so DON'T go there! Also I DON'T think that I'm better than her, we are all Muslims and I like others was raised to know that there are Muslims whom may have no ability whatsoever, then there may be others whom have many abilities and others whom may have abilities better than them. Therefore I DON'T have a superiority complex, so NEVER accuse me of that.

I'm also the one that when certain people assumed the worse about her, I kept QUIET! I'm also the one who says and fervently believes in, "Do not judge a Man by his countenance nor by the height of his stature, for man seeth only the outward appearance, the Lord looketh on the Heart!" I STICK TO IT even IF I DON'T LIKE THE PERSON.

WHO accuse you of being so insular and claimed that you lacked the ability to read the Qur'an in the correct context? I DIDN'T and would and never have said that! That's like saying there is only one way of doing things in Islam, which is a falacy in itself! Man isn't perfect and all have made mistakes, hence one cannot claim to be as white as SNOW! I don't either! but I'm not as Black as ebony either!

In conlcusion, before you look to give a person a dressing down, check that they HAD actually said what you actually accused them of saying and don't quote selectively. As you did with regards to myself! As you can already deduce, YOU SERIOUSLY OFFENDED ME! You accused of that which I didn't do but what someone else did! BE CAREFUL, because the 'dressing down' which you gave me was MISPLACED, because you SELECTIVELY read! READ ALL OF THE POSTS that I've read in Future, before making comments-ascersions! Or else you might offend and you DON'T want another situation like this. ALRIGHT!!!.....THANK YOU!!!! :)
Old 08-02-2005, 07:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
I totaly agree with you. Queen Rania is more interested in impressing the western world than impressing her own people. Quite honestly, the only reason why she wears all those dresses is because she want's to be like princess Diana and so forth. She's wrong. I don't know about the rest of the world, but American people appreciate diversty, and if she were to use where she came to her advantage it would work wonders. Wearing her national dresses to national events would educate the world about her country. Isn't that her job???
Exactly the point, that is part of her job but she may think that by wearing her chosen attire ALL the time instead of Cultural attire at state occasions, Weddings etc may 'confuse' the matter. I disagree, it wouldn't There are many Royals whom have gone before her and have done so and have been appreciated for it. Therefore it wouldn't confuse the issue...:)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:02 AM
Courtier

ugh...petra keeps on changing its website setup...i liked the way it was before.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Aristocracy

I was wondering if the red and white scarf(not sure what its called) on some of the mens head has special meaning, if so what is it. Since other men wore ones that were white.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2005
1- you assume that the results of the FORBES are ALL correct..Even the very perfect research has its own limitations.

2- To what extent FORBES was objective in their selection

3- and whether FORBES's methodology when selecting was valid in the first place..
True Citizen very true, lets hoe an unbiased poll is run and then we can see who is First. he he he
Old 08-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATS
I was wondering if the red and white scarf(not sure what its called) on some of the mens head has special meaning, if so what is it. Since other men wore ones that were white.
The white-and-red checkered headgear, which is called schmag/kafiya, is made of cotton and is usually worn in winter and the white headgear, which is called ghutra in the Gulf countries, is made of finer cotton and is usually worn in summer.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Royal Highness

From gettyimages.com...

Jordan's King Abdullah II (R) greets Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on August 3, 2005 in Amman, Jordan. Abbas is in Amman to discuss with the Jordanian Monarch the withdrawal of Israel from Gaza strip settlements.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	53319291.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	175888   Click image for larger version

Name:	53319292.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	175889   Click image for larger version

Name:	53319293.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	175890   Click image for larger version

Name:	53319406.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	175891  

Name:	53319407.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	175892  
Old 08-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Courtier

King Abdullah is so adorable looking! Especially with his gruffy little beard, he reminds me of a big teddy bear. :)
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 PM
Courtier

And he also kind of reminds me of Anthony Hopkins. Not sure why though lol!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Courtier

I saw him on TV he seems lost a weight , and I noticed also he is speaking good standard arabic now , I remember before 5 years he wasn't very good in speaking standard arabic .
Old 08-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Has he lost weight? I hadn't noticed. I hope he doesn't lose too much though, he's so cute and pudgy. :) I wonder if I have a crush on him?! LOL!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Yes ALicky you are the first person on here to have a crush on KA. :) But I really don't think you have bad taste. He is very intelligent and is doing the best he can. And he is dedicated to one wife and his kids and honors his mom!:)
Old 08-03-2005, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Am I? LOL I think he's just adorable! I don't know why. I always like tall men, and I'd tower over him worse than Rania, but I just think he's so cute for some reason! :)
Old 08-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I dont think its that strange. KA does have that lovable teddy-bearish look as you put it Alicky. He has a friendly, warm, and honest face. No kingly airs about him.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Courtier

Yes, that's it exactly! :)
Old 08-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

"1- you assume that the results of the FORBES are ALL correct..Even the very perfect research has its own limitations.

2- To what extent FORBES was objective in their selection

3- and whether FORBES's methodology when selecting was valid in the first place.. "

I used Forbes as an example, it's not the first time Rania has appeared in a pretigious list. Time's Most Influential People, also springs to mind.
The fact is the people who've worked with or are associated with Rania have nothing but praise for her,whilst her "critics" can only whine about an unidentified drink.

"HOW DARE YOU call me sanctimonious!"
Where did I say you were sanctimonious?

"In conlcusion, before you look to give a person a dressing down, check that they HAD actually said what you actually accused them of saying and don't quote selectively. As you did with regards to myself!"
Where did I give you any sort of dressing down, where have I even mentioned you by name in any of my posts?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:29 PM
Nobility

That's good, that means there's positive progress for him:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I saw him on TV he seems lost a weight , and I noticed also he is speaking good standard arabic now , I remember before 5 years he wasn't very good in speaking standard arabic .
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Royal Highness

Did you guys know this?

King Abdullah of Jordan was appointed Colonel in Chief of The Light Dragoons at the beginning of July this year. He replaces Princess Margaret, who formerly carried out the role.

Check out all the info at: www.royal.gov.uk/ output/Page2496.asp