The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 33: January 27, 2011 - August 2012

Welcome to
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events
Part 33
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Jordan Moderators

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Royal Highness

New York Times:

Jordan’s King Dismisses Cabinet After Protests

Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Video
Old 02-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Courtier

The new PM is a bad move on Abdullah's part and shows a lack of judgement on his part. There will be more trouble because of it. Perhaps now there will be less jetting off overseas and time spent at home dealing with Jordanian problems which is the right thing for the king to do.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:41 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Queen Rania visits Hai Nazzal in Amman

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday met with about thirty women beneficiaries of grants given out by Her Majesty for income generating projects in Hai Nazzal...

Article

King visits Northern Badia villages

King Abdullah during his visit talked to locals about their living conditions and issued directives to provide them with assistance needed to improve their living status, toured other villages in the region whose population mainly work in farming and ranching.

Petra picture gallery
Old 02-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Medvedev discusses Mideast peace process with king of Jordan - RT Free Video
Old 02-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
The new PM is a bad move on Abdullah's part and shows a lack of judgement on his part. There will be more trouble because of it. Perhaps now there will be less jetting off overseas and time spent at home dealing with Jordanian problems which is the right thing for the king to do.
I notice also they are in Jordan more they use to
it's good the King take a time to hear the protests I have to say I don't know alot about the old/new PM,howevr I think the king could find someone else for the job if I understand well Mr Bakhit was PM and didn't do much last time he hold the position.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
I notice also they are in Jordan more they use to
it's good the King take a time to hear the protests I have to say I don't know alot about the old/new PM,howevr I think the king could find someone else for the job if I understand well Mr Bakhit was PM and didn't do much last time he hold the position.
They have to stay in the country because if they were out on another of their personal trips it would anger the [people more and they would run the risk of being deposed if the protests turn the same way as Tunisia, Yemen and Egypt. If the protests became so strong that happened, they would not be the first regime to try to return home to find themselves out of their position. Perhaps now the extravagance, unnecessary foreign trips and other things will stop and they will start to be a real king and queen to their people. This flurry of visits is a response to the protests and nothing more. For many people they have been untouchable because of them being direct descendants of the Prophet (PBUH) along with many others but I do not think this will always protect them. Jordan was in the lowest ranks for democracy again last year, people are truly suffering to feed their families and to live and the king and queen just carried on living the high life whilst the people were suffering. The new prime minister is someone that is an ex-general and he is about maintaining the staus quo not about instigating enlightened change which means more of the same. Abdullah is offering sops to the people by telling the government to sell food more cheaply but that won't last as it will impact even more on the economy which is in a real mess despite billions of dollars being handed out from the USA, GCC, EU. The country has not been managed well.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Queen Rania visits Hai Nazzal in Amman

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday met with about thirty women beneficiaries of grants given out by Her Majesty for income generating projects in Hai Nazzal...

Article
Photo: http://www.alrai.com/pages.php?news_id=383073
Old 02-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Two weeks a group of initiatives including “Under My Olive Tree” met with Her Majesty Queen Rania over lunch. The purpose of the meeting was to shed light on the different initiatives currently working in Jordan.
Under My Olive Tree » Aknowldgement by HM Queen Rania
Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
This is what I heard from every possible source or article I've read so far. It was a very bad and desperate move indeed. Perhaps the King thought that he could have the Bedouins on his side with this particular PM. And you're absolutely right, this isn't the right time for trips or luxurious vacations (like in August), certainly not!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossina View Post
Two weeks a group of initiatives including “Under My Olive Tree” met with Her Majesty Queen Rania over lunch. The purpose of the meeting was to shed light on the different initiatives currently working in Jordan.
Under My Olive Tree » Aknowldgement by HM Queen Rania
This visit seems to have taken place on January 18th. She's wearing the same outfit as the visit to Sweifieh school for girls.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Old 02-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Amman, Feb. 6 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II has met on Sunday with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas within the continued coordination and consultations between the leaders on the latest developments in the Middle East. Jordan News Agency (Petra) |King discusses with Palestinian president Mideast peace

Photo 1
Photo 2

February 7, 2011 - King, Queen visit tomb of Late King Hussein
Photo
Old 02-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King visits Armed Forces unit
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Nice photos
Old 02-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

Without doubt .
The King received an exceptionally hot reception!
Old 02-10-2011, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

New cabinet sworn in
Amman, February 9 (Petra) -- A Royal Decree was issued on Wednesday approving the new government formed by Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit.
Photo: http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8158/8302i.jpg
Video:
Old 02-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Queen chairs National Council for Family Affairs Board meeting
Amman, February 21 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah, Chairperson of the National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA) Board of Trustees, on Monday attended a board meeting to discuss the council’s future plans.
Photo: http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/1420/8644i.jpg
Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King Abdullah`s speech

Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Thumbs up To All Bloggers

You all do an outstanding job of keeping up with the news and information pertaining to the Hashemite Royals. Bravo and kudos to all!