King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 31: Feb. 26, 2009 - Oct. 18, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sad story. There have been some very tragic child abuse cases here recently and it just demonstrate how no matter what country you live i, human beings seem to have the capacity to abuse the most innocent and vulnerable.

Queen Rania wrote an article for The Sunday Times newspaper recently promoting "The Big Read" campaign. IMRIC Rania has written articles for The Times before.

"Reading is a form of liberation

Open Minds: The time has come for a new global narrative, declares Queen Rania of Jordan

Picking up a book is one of the cheapest entertainments around. The simple act of reading — what you are doing now — has been characterised as everything from a silent conversation and a tool for building a better life, to a refuge from reality and a technique for time travel. For me, it is a joy.

Many people hold fond memories of curling up by a fire, book in hand. Or of the nights they hid under their blankets as a child, with a torch and a storybook for company. During day-to-day life, whether we’re on an arduous journey by plane or suffering a dull moment on a train, books are by our side."
http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/article6098092.ece

Last edited by a moderator:
King meets Iraqi vice president.
King presents excellence awards to public, private sectors departments as well as business societies.

ImageShack® - Gallery

Lilo Rania doesn't speak french, I don´t know if Rachida speaks english.

ok thanks Salma:flowers:
i don't think that Mrs Dati speak english too so i guess the women with them in picture is translator.

Queen Rania receives French Justice Minister on behalf of King Abdullah
http://i43.tinypic.com/s1kxn6.jpg

Why Rania received Mrs Dati in behalf of King, he is not in Jordan?!!!I say that because, if Rashida Dati visited Jordan , it's not a private visit, but it's a work and political visit.

It will be strange for example if a jordanian minister visited France, and he was received by Carla Bruni in behalf of Sarkozy:ermm:

I have to agree with Sephora noting the situation appears to be unusual. Ms. Dati could have been received by Prime Minister or Jordanian Minister of Justice. Had Ms. Dati's visit dealt with one of Queen Rania's initiatives, it would have been understanble that Her Majesty recieved Ms.Dati. Well ... I am sure that there were valid reasons for Queen Rania to substitute King Abdullad II. On a lighter note ... Nowadays Ms. Dati seems to be very fond of black trouser suits.

Lilo Rania doesn't speak french, I don´t know if Rachida speaks english.
Rania learnt French a few years ago. I'm not sure how fluent she is but she has taken lessons in the past.

Moreover I strongly doubt there was any language issue, I would be very surprised if Rachida did not speak Arabic. Her father is Moroccan and her mother is Algerian so it is highly likely she speaks Arabic.

Why Rania received Mrs Dati in behalf of King, he is not in Jordan?!!!I say that because, if Rashida Dati visited Jordan , it's not a private visit, but it's a work and political visit.

It will be strange for example if a jordanian minister visited France, and he was received by Carla Bruni in behalf of Sarkozy:ermm:
Part of her visit involved visiting Jordan River Foundation projects. As founder of the organisation it makes perfect sense for her to meet Queen Rania.

Moreover Rachida Dati was forced out of the French Cabinet several month ago in a highly bitter and acrimonious campaign. Unfortuantely she no longer has the political clout she once did.

Rania learnt French a few years ago. I'm not sure how fluent she is but she has taken lessons in the past.

Moreover I strongly doubt there was any language issue, I would be very surprised if Rachida did not speak Arabic. Her father is Moroccan and her mother is Algerian so it is highly likely she speaks Arabic.
Yes she knows little of french, same spanish, but she can´t speak in french.

Part of her visit involved visiting Jordan River Foundation projects. As founder of the organisation it makes perfect sense for her to meet Queen Rania.

If the visit of Mrs Dati has to do with Rania's foundation, so I can understund why she met the queen instead of the king, but the title of the picture says that Rania received her in behalf of the king, which is quit confusing to me.

Moreover Rachida Dati was forced out of the French Cabinet several month ago in a highly bitter and acrimonious campaign. Unfortuantely she no longer has the political clout she once did.

Well there have been lot of fuss around her since she was made by Sarkozy the justice minister, but sorry I Have to correct you, Rachida Dati is still the french justice minister, and wasn't forced to leave the French cabinet, so far and till she goes to European commission as European deputy and head of list reprsenter of UMP (French right party of Sarkozy), she's performing as french justice minister, and the article above is talking clearly about her as the minister of justice. In both cases her political responsabilities are big.

I have to agree with Sephora. The situation is rather unusual. Ms. Dati could have been received by Prime Minister or Jordanian Minister of Justice.

Of course, Dati was received by the Prime minister (and Jordan's Justice Minister attended the meeting).

Jordan News Agency - Petra - Prime Minster meets with French justice Minister

I do not see anything unusual here. Dati is not the first foreign minister visiting Jordan who didn't meet the King.

Sarkozy would receive Jordan's Prime minister, maybe the Foreign minister, all the other ministers would only meet their counterparts.

Of course, Dati was received by the Prime minister (and Jordan's Justice Minister attended the meeting).

Sarkozy would receive Jordan's Prime minister, maybe the Foreign minister, all the other ministers would only meet their counterparts.

I didn't say that the king should receive the french justice minister, and that Mrs Dati was already received by the prime minister and Jordan's justice minister is all fine.
But what I am trying to talk about, and which is quit confusing, is the article saying that Rania received Mrs Dati in Behalf of the King, which suggests that the king's meeting was substitud by the queen's meeting.
And i explained that by the example of a Jordanian minister who visits France, and was supposed to meet the Sarkozy but it's Carla Bruni who meets him instead, I hope u got it now.

If the article talked only about meeting between the two ladies (as the justice minister is from moroccan origin, the private meeting would be undertundable), without in behalf of king's thing, I would not find it strange.

Mrs Dati certainly speaks arabic but certainly dialectical arabic spoken in north africa.She studied in France so I highly doubt she learnt classical arabic that is likely to be used in such meetings.Some of my friends who are of algerian,morrocan or tunisian descent but born in France speak dialectical arabic but told me that they are unable to understand the news on television in classical arabic or the various forms of arabic spoken in the middle east or in the gulf countries.
I also think that as she is representing France and therefore prefers to speak french specially if she is accompanied by other members of her cabinet.

I didn't know that Rania speaks little french.
If I was a royal I would have loved to learn more languages than I actually know:lol:
I agree that it's strange that queen Rania received her on behalf of the king.But I think that Rachida Dati was on her way to UAE to inaugurate a school of french magistracy and that Jordan is among the sponsors.
May be Rania is representing Jordan since it's more an educational matter and absolutly not a political one.
I hope my english was clear enough since sometimes I don't find the exact terms

There is a certain difference between a First Lady and a Queen. Take it not as a political meeting, Sephora, but just a polite gesture by the Jordanian royals (represented in the absence of the King who had other engagements by the Queen. It could have been also a prince or princess).

The purpose of Dati's visit to Jordan was to attend the Euro-Arab Conference on Judicial Training in Amman and not to meet the King.

Yes, thanks for the clarification and now if we can please move on :whistling:

Jordan's Queen Rania (C), Saudi Princess Muda Bint Mansour Bin Abdul Aziz (L), and Ahmed Mohammed Ali (R), chairman of the Saudi-based Islamic Development Bank (IDB), attend the signing of a memorandum of cooperation between the Jordanian Ministry of Planning and the IDB in Amman May 5, 2009.
Photo from Reuters Pictures - News, photos, topics, and quotes

ANP Beeldbank
PETRA
http://yfrog.com/04news105912j
ImageShack

Last edited by a moderator:
I see prince Ali is regent since the king is absent however the events of Princess Rym has set up so much this week, if she acting as queen too even with queen Rania present in Jordan?

I see prince Ali is regent since the king is absent however the events of Princess Rym has set up so much this week, if she acting as queen too even with queen Rania present in Jordan?

No, Rym has no special role while her husband acts as regent (for a few days).
Since a while she is one of the more active princesses in Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom