The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Two-state solution key to Middle East peace - King (12/07/2009).

Jordan Times

Old 07-13-2009, 04:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Queen Rania partners in launching a business plan competition across MENA

The Queen Rania Center for Entrepreneurship as a regional partner recently announced the launch of the MENA 100 Business Plan Competition, which is organised by the MENA-OECD Enterprise Financing Network, in cooperation with the Islamic Development Bank and the MENA Center for Investment. Business Intelligence Middle East - bi-me.com - Queen Rania partners in launching a business plan competition across MENA - News, analysis, reports

Old 07-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the Sun Valley photos. Bill Gates is also in the last shot at the far right. I couldn't tell if that was Melinda with him though.

It's great that Hussein is now attending events like these with his parents. I alos think it's wonderful Princess Aisha's son has accompanied them on this trip.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Heir Apparent

The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan - e-Government (14/07/2009)
Old 07-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The world's 50 most influential Arabs
Queen Rania (Jordan)
Born in August 1970 in Kuwait to Palestinian parents from Tulkarm, she earned a degree in Business Administration from AUC. She has campaigned for rights for women and children throughout the world. Queen Rania set up the Madrasati initiative, aimed at renovating Jordan's most dilapidated public schools and is a keen supporter of micro-finance initiatives. In March 2008, she launched her own channel on the video-sharing website YouTube. Her informal style has made her a firm favourite internationally. She is a strong role model in Jordan and the Arab world, blending being a wife and mother with a successful working life, and is an example of the "new" Arab woman to those outside the region.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

15th July 2009
Sharm El Sheikh, July 15 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II urged the international community to move forward to resolve regional conflicts which threaten world stability, drain up developmental efforts and paralyze channels of cooperation.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng...Artical=123357
Old 07-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

http://users.california.com/~easterbunny/p4170052.jpg
Old 07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

King returns home
Amman, July 22 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II returned back in Amman on Wednesday following a few-day private visit to the U
Old 07-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Thank´s Lilo unfortunatelly we didn´t see pics of them in USA (except pics of them during forum).
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Negotiating those differences has been an essential part of the TESOL program's collaboration with partners in Jordan. The partnership was born in fall 2006, when TC President Susan Fuhrman met Queen Rania of Jordan at a dinner at the New York City home of Columbia President Lee Bollinger. Subsequently, Columbia and the Queen agreed on a broad collaboration that, in March 2009, took the form of a new Columbia University Center of Excellence in Amman.

From the first, TC has been central to Columbia's work. When Bollinger, Fuhrman and faculty from both Columbia and TC visited Jordan in winter 2007, it became clear that one major need within Jordan's public schools was for English teachers there to improve their practice. That summer, 11 Jordanian teachers came to New York City to spend seven weeks attending the summer TESOL program. The Jordanians valued the technical learning but described the broader experience as nothing short of a revelation.
Teachers College - Columbia University: News
Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Thank´s Lilo unfortunatelly we didn´t see pics of them in USA (except pics of them during forum).
what about photo that Jordan post above?it's from their last visit to US?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes Lilo as I wrote we only saw pics during forum but last year we saw King and Hussein during their free time and too we saw Rania in California with her friends.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

AMMAN, JORDAN - JULY 27: U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates (L) speaks with King Abdullah II of Jordan after a meeting at the King's palace July 27, 2009 in Amman, Jordan. Gates traveled to Israel and Jordan, and U.S. special envoy George Mitchell to Egypt for talks with President Hosni Mubarek, as the U.S. seeks to regain some impetus in Middle East peace talks. Gates has called on Iran to respond to U.S. offers to open talks concerning its nuclear program, despite Israeli disapproval of any form of diplomatic communication between the nations
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 08-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Celina invited by Queen Rania!

...Guess who’s been invited to dinner with Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan, US media person and ... - Full Article
Old 08-02-2009, 02:27 PM
Nobility

As I expected, Rania will be making her annual fall trip to the United States in September. I wonder what award she has "won" this time.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari View Post
As I expected, Rania will be making her annual fall trip to the United States in September. I wonder what award she has "won" this time.
Sept 2005, 2006 and 2008 she has been on a working visit to the States. I think this year she will have a visit but nothing has been anounced yet.

Does anyone know if she will be attending the Clinton Global Initiative Annual Meeting this year?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

looking at the names in the Article you post Dazzling i notice Mrs Brown,Mrs Sarkozy..maybe it's about last year events.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
looking at the names in the Article you post Dazzling i notice Mrs Brown,Mrs Sarkozy..maybe it's about last year events.
From what I understand the gala dinner organised by Queen Rania and Sarah Brown is being repeated this year because it was such a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamari
Queen Rania usually visits during September, as do most world leaders, because there is a lot going on. The UN General Assembly, the CGI and other events take place at this time. Nothing sinister about it.

"The 64th session of the UN General Assembly will convene on Tuesday, 15 September 2009. The General Debate will be held 23 – 26 and 28 – 30 September 2009.
Conferences, Meetings and Events

"2009 Annual Meeting Agenda

September 22-25, 2009 Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers
:: CLINTON GLOBAL INITIATIVE ::

No list of attendees yet.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

so she will be in NY next September,thanks for make it clear.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Sept 2005, 2006 and 2008 she has been on a working visit to the States. I think this year she will have a visit but nothing has been anounced yet.
She travel to USA usually two or three times during year. I´m sure she will be in USA after Ramadan.

Closed Thread

Tags
jordanian king and queen, king abdullah, queen rania