King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 30: December 16, 2008 -February 25, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blood donation is "nothing"?

I only hope you never find yourself in a situation needing a transplant as I doubt you would refuse to accept a donation.

I only hope you never find yourself in a situation needing a transplant as I doubt you would refuse to accept a donation.
i agree Little_star , its a nice thing from the queen and the queen to give blood dination to those poor poeple in gaza :wub:
wecan imagine our seleves in this situation ! my we all can help those poeple and give a blood donation .

i agree Little_star , its a nice thing from the queen and the queen to give blood dination to those poor poeple in gaza :wub:
we can imagine our seleves in this situation ! my we all can help those poeple and give a blood donation .
it's wonderful thing giving blood
personnaly i do it each year at my work place
but, KAbdellah and QRania are not ordinary people, yes it's nice giving blood, yes they can do it with photographs and cameras
But excuse me, they are King and Queen af arabian Country , QRania is originaly from Palestine...they can do more , they can do better , thay can act more eficiently for palestine instead of giving images like any people ...

and what? what it's gonna change? it's only Demagogy, only communication for herselve nothing else IMO
I agree ikram,and a lot about Demagogy,it's nice gesture but when you know that this blood donation will make it to the poeple who need it,we all know very much that Gaza is under Full Israeli siege nothing come in/nothing come out so taking some pics and lunching whole campaign for that when you know very well people will not benefit from it is just self promoting nothing else.

The Jordanian government has already sent 16 trucks of aid to Gaza, as well as a field hospital, so the supplies are getting through.

Morover, the whole point of donating blood to publicly is to encourage Jordanian citizens to go out and donate. Even during times of stability blood donation tends to be low, during crises like war (in this case) or natural disaster it's even worse.

But hey, maybe they should sit around and do nothing like other Arab royals?:whistling:

I thing all the arab leaders are doing something not like we all hope of cours and that inculd King abdullah and Rania to me,but not because there are taking pics for them self mean they are the only ones who do something.

The Jordanian government has already sent 16 trucks of aid to Gaza, as well as a field hospital, so the supplies are getting through.
nothing arrive yet to Gaza BECAUSE OF FULL ISRAELI SIEGE!!!!!!!

I agree ikram,and a lot about Demagogy,it's nice gesture but when you know that this blood donation will make it to the poeple who need it,we all know very much that Gaza is under Full Israeli siege nothing come in/nothing come out so taking some pics and lunching whole campaign for that when you know very well people will not benefit from it is just self promoting nothing else.
I thing all the arab leaders are doing something not like we all hope of cours and that inculd King abdullah and Rania to me,but not because there are taking pics for them self mean they are the only ones who do something.

;) I don't like communication only for communication and nothing else ;) because of the data we know

Israel has allowed a trickle of aid through its cargo crossings with Gaza despite the military campaign, agreeing to allow 100 trucks in on Tuesday, defense officials said. Jordan, the Red Cross and the World Health Organization were also preparing to send medical supplies.
Arab Times :: Toll over 370; Israel dangles truce, threat of land assault

Nearly 200 trucks of humanitarian aid, along with new trucks and ambulances, have passed into Gaza the past three days. One hundred more trucks of aid are expected to enter Gaza Wednesday.

Hamas Takes Aim at Ashkelon as Peres Visits - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

Jordan will start a land bridge to deliver aid to Gaza Strip on daily basis, daily The Jordan Times reported on Wednesday.

The daily delivery will include 10 trucks loaded with medical equipment and donations by the Jordanian people, the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization (JHCO) spokesperson Mohammad Kilani was quoted as saying.
"No sooner had the door been opened for donations for the besieged Palestinians in Gaza than in-kind and cash donations poured in from citizens, public and private institutions and civil society institutions," Kilani said. On Monday, Jordan sent to Gaza its first convoy of 16 trucks carrying medical and food packages in addition to some 1,000 blood units donated by Jordanians.

Jordan to send aid to Gaza on daily basis_English_Xinhua

Thank you, Veram98. I was just about to post those articles.

Great minds think alike:flowers:

;) I don't like communication only for communication and nothing else ;) because of the data we know
same here ikram,and Abdullah and Rania are so good in the communication only for communication and self promoting:ermm:
I am REALLY gald to here finally poeple of Gaza will receive some help,hope Israel keep on their promises and let the rest of aid from all over the world(there is alot of aids from alot of states) access to Gaza.

Ii think that donat blood for ppl of Gza is so nice gesture but as it come from royals who still keep alot of political power we can not separate it from the Demagogy and political meaning that some members montion,as we know 60 percent of the jordanians are from palestinians origines so the anger there is much more than the others arab countries,and maybe the protests can go out of the control and JRF by their initiatives(blood donation campaign,current The Jordan River Foundation ampaign for Gaza....)try to contain this protests in official context,so after King Abdullah and QRania,PRachid i exept to see Jordanias royals in the upcoming days in more duties like this.

i agree ML, they have to walk a fine line but also to show their support more then other surroundig countries. its great what theyr doing but it also makes for show. jordan has to stay in the lines of u.s. and isreal so they can only give aid, as they always have been great in doing.

i saw a little bit of qr on jordans tv site yesturday and p.rachid today i wonder does anyone else have troubles with the video?

This is a reminder for members to keep the politics out of this discussion as it is against the Forums’ Rules.

I’m not interested in letting this debate become an outlet for those with an axe to grind against the Jordanian King and Queen.

This is a tense time in the Middle East and if certain members have nothing positive to contribute even now, I think they will be better employed elsewhere than here complaining about blood donations.

I really hope we won’t have to start deleting posts because there won’t be any further warnings on this subject.

If you have any questions, send a pm to myself or one of the other Jordanian moderators.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to congratulate the King and the Queen for their help,it seems that Q.Rania doesn't forget her co-patriots :flowers::flowers:

Well, as so much has been made over the years of Queen Rania's Palestinian roots (to the extent that in the West, one would think she was Jordan's ONLY Palestinian Queen - Queen Alia was there first!) I would have been very, very surprised to find the royal family not taking advantage of a photo opportunity like this!

Thanks for the link,Jordan :flowers:
Your Queen looks as if she never gets tired with all these responsibilities.She's always in such a good mood,especially when she's among people.Personally,I always enjoy seeing her with a big smile :angel:

Thanks for the link,Jordan :flowers:
Your Queen looks as if she never gets tired with all these responsibilities.She's always in such a good mood,especially when she's among people.Personally,I always enjoy seeing her with a big smile :angel:

Yes, I agree, great amount of positive energy and thinking.

Um, no, it's because Hamas keeps bombing the aid workers. Please try to get your facts right.

A palace statement said that King Abdulla II of Jordan will be willing to
make every effort to bring the Israeli offensive in Gaza to its end.

The king further called on the UN Security Council to order a ceasefire in
Gaza, and to order Israel to immediately open all of the crossings as "stop
the humanitarian crisis it has brought upon the Strip."

IMRA - Middle East News & Analysis

when I saw the pics yesterday I felt she's different, don't know why cause of make up sth else really can't judge . but I liked the simple jacket.
I agree with you xavi83 ...:flowers:
More news :
King warns of conspiracy against Palestinian people
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King warns of conspiracy against Palestinian people
King meets delegates from IAMS
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King meets delegates from IAMS
King receives President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King receives President of the Evangelical Lutheran Church
King: Jordan's efforts to stop aggression on Gaza continuous
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King: Jordan's efforts to stop aggression on Gaza continuous
King meets Quartet envoy
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=80032

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom