The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
http://www.weforum.org/pdf/AM_2009/public.pdf

I think this year Rania wont go to Davos
pitty,i would like to see her again in Davos,QRania and King Abdullah are so involved with WEF projects it's so weird that Jordan don't Participate this year because queen and king don't go,bizzare.

Old 01-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Yeah I'm disappointed too.
But you never know why they can't attend, at least not right away.
The last time Queen Rania skipped the Davos meeting was several years ago (2004 I think?) and we later found out that she had fractured her foot while excercising.
And then there was the 2005 session which she couldn't attend because she was pregnant with Prince Hashem.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
Yeah I'm disappointed too.
But you never know why they can't attend, at least not right away.
The last time Queen Rania skipped the Davos meeting was several years ago (2004 I think?) and we later found out that she had fractured her foot while excercising.
And then there was the 2005 session which she couldn't attend because she was pregnant with Prince Hashem.
Swiss newspapers are reporting that Queen Rania changed her plans at short notice and cancelled her visit to Davos.

http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/medien/....cfm?id=557762
Old 01-30-2009, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Considering how active Queen Rania is with the WEF I'm assuming her decision not to participate is down to the current Gaza crisis. It's a shame she's not there as she often participates in some of the more interesting sessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
Swiss newspapers are reporting that Queen Rania changed her plans at short notice and cancelled her visit to Davos.

suedostschweiz.ch / Medien / Zeitungen / SO Graubnden / Region
Translation:
Davos. - It is Wednesday, the World Economic Forum (WEF) begins and the first message of the day is bad: Queen Rania of Jordan has canceled their visit short.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:06 AM
Heir Apparent

"The Taj commands instant recognition, but “few are aware of the tragedy that inspired its creation,” writes Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan. Empress Mumtaz Mahal died in child birth four centuries ago. “A woman still dies from causes related to pregnancy or childbirth every minute of every day today.”"
Cascading idiocy - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos
Old 02-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Courtier

King, Queen leave Amman on a private visit

Amman, Feb. 2 (Petra)Their Majesties King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah left Amman today on a private visit.
His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein was sworn in as regent in the presence of cabinet ministers.

http://www.petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx...&Artical=85117
Old 02-02-2009, 09:32 AM
Nobility

is it the kids' half term or something? they went skiing around this time last year, straight after the WEF in Davos. Hope they are not planning to come to London as it is snowing heavily and the town is at a standstill
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Courtier

None of us knows if Gaza is anything to do with her non attendance so perhaps we should all stop speculating and reading things into actions when no clear meaning of intent has been given.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
is it the kids' half term or something? they went skiing around this time last year, straight after the WEF in Davos. Hope they are not planning to come to London as it is snowing heavily and the town is at a standstill
I'd be surprised if they came to London as it's been an absolute nigtmare the past 2 days. Hope you weren't too badly affected by the snow, chelsea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah
None of us knows if Gaza is anything to do with her non attendance so perhaps we should all stop speculating and reading things into actions when no clear meaning of intent has been given.
People speculate all the time where Queen Rania is concerned, yourself included, so I fail to see what the problem is.

Moreover there has been no Moderator request to stop...from what I can see.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I'd be surprised if they came to London as it's been an absolute nigtmare the past 2 days. Hope you weren't too badly affected by the snow, chelsea?

People speculate all the time where Queen Rania is concerned, yourself included, so I fail to see what the problem is.

Moreover there has been no Moderator request to stop...from what I can see.
from what you can see and what is visible on the board.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator

I know its tempting but this thread's meant only for the King and Queen's current events and official engagements.

We're not here to speculate about what they do in their private time.

Members are free to use the pm feature if they wish to discuss such matters with each other.

Thanks for understanding guys!

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 02-05-2009, 05:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

في الذكرى العاشرة لتولي الملك سلطاته الدستورية ... الملك للأردنيين والأردنيون للملك
Old 02-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Nobility

Oops, would you perhaps have an English version of that, please...?
Old 02-05-2009, 08:27 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalisa View Post
Oops, would you perhaps have an English version of that, please...?
Versión traducida de http://www.ammonnews.net/article.aspx?articleNO=33763
Old 02-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

King and Queen return home
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng...&Artical=85721
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 AM
Nobility

the king may have returned home but Rania is now in London
Old 02-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
the king may have returned home but Rania is now in London
I don't think that because there is a cermony tomorrw in Sport City and king will visit Hussein Medical City i think qnoor will be in jordan tomorrow and haya,all of them.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

King announces plans and programs to develop the King Hussein Medical Center.
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...News-85941.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...News-85944.jpg

Finally Queen Rania is now in London.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Exclamation

Pictures and posts related to the 10th anniversary of King Hussein's death have been moved here:

Royal Family of Jordan: Current Events, Part 1

Closed Thread

Tags
king abdullah, queen rania