The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King launches blood donation campaign to Palestinians
http://http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.a...&Artical=78253
King directs ambassadors to expose consequences of Israeli aggression
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King directs ambassadors to expose consequences of Israeli aggression

Old 12-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
how was Rania in Oman and Jordan at the same time? On Monday, she lit a Xmas tree and had a meeting back home, whereas the King went to Oman on sunday.
If I'm not mistaken the first article spoke of the King only and the article announcing their return mentioned them both by name.

Either the latter was mistaken or she joined him afterwards.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
Courtier

i caught that too. i didnt think shed gone though.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Rania launches blood donation campaign to Palestinians
rania - News, photos, topics, and quotes - Daylife

Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Queen Rania donates blood for Gaza

(Petra)--Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited the Al Hussein Medical City, Tuesday, taking part in a nationwide campaign to donate blood and support the citizens of Gaza.
Also on Tuesday, Queen Rania published an opinion piece about the situation there calling on readers to do their utmost to help alleviate some of the pain and suffering of the people of Gaza.
Queen Rania’s Jordan River Foundation launched a campaign this week to collect funds and in-kind assistance for those affected by the attacks.

Jordan News Agency - Petra - Queen Rania donates blood for Gaza
Old 12-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Heir Apparent

An excellent move by the Jordanians. It's good to see something practical that ultimately will benefit ordinary Palestinians being done.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

First of all,congratulations to Queen Rania for donating blood.

More pics:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Queen gives blood for Gazans
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2447156,00.html

GAZA: QUEEN RANIA OF JORDAN DONATES BLOOD FOR PALESTINIANS

http://www.agi.it/world/news/200812301354-pol-ren0037-art.html

Pictures
http://www.purepeople.com/22185-PHOT...e-photos-.html
Old 12-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Gentry

Unhappy

[quote=jordan;873325]Queen gives blood for Gazans
http://www.news24.com/News24/World/News/0,,2-10-1462_2447156,00.html

http://www.agi.it/world/news/200812301354-pol-ren0037-art.html

Pictures
http://www.purepeople.com/22185-PHOT...ualise-photos-

So nice from the queen to do that, Its so sad what's happening in Ghaza
Old 12-31-2008, 04:53 AM
Royal Highness

Middle East Online
Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Nobility

[quote=LeoMama;873517]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan View Post

So nice from the queen to do that, Its so sad what's happening in Ghaza
and what? what it's gonna change? it's only Demagogy, only communication for herselve nothing else IMO
Old 12-31-2008, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Blood donation is "nothing"?

I only hope you never find yourself in a situation needing a transplant as I doubt you would refuse to accept a donation.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post

I only hope you never find yourself in a situation needing a transplant as I doubt you would refuse to accept a donation.
i agree Little_star , its a nice thing from the queen and the queen to give blood dination to those poor poeple in gaza
wecan imagine our seleves in this situation ! my we all can help those poeple and give a blood donation .
Old 12-31-2008, 05:48 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaimae View Post
i agree Little_star , its a nice thing from the queen and the queen to give blood dination to those poor poeple in gaza
we can imagine our seleves in this situation ! my we all can help those poeple and give a blood donation .
it's wonderful thing giving blood
personnaly i do it each year at my work place
but, KAbdellah and QRania are not ordinary people, yes it's nice giving blood, yes they can do it with photographs and cameras
But excuse me, they are King and Queen af arabian Country , QRania is originaly from Palestine...they can do more , they can do better , thay can act more eficiently for palestine instead of giving images like any people ...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

[QUOTE=ikram;873567]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama View Post
and what? what it's gonna change? it's only Demagogy, only communication for herselve nothing else IMO
I agree ikram,and a lot about Demagogy,it's nice gesture but when you know that this blood donation will make it to the poeple who need it,we all know very much that Gaza is under Full Israeli siege nothing come in/nothing come out so taking some pics and lunching whole campaign for that when you know very well people will not benefit from it is just self promoting nothing else.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Heir Apparent

The Jordanian government has already sent 16 trucks of aid to Gaza, as well as a field hospital, so the supplies are getting through.

Morover, the whole point of donating blood to publicly is to encourage Jordanian citizens to go out and donate. Even during times of stability blood donation tends to be low, during crises like war (in this case) or natural disaster it's even worse.

But hey, maybe they should sit around and do nothing like other Arab royals?
Old 12-31-2008, 06:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thing all the arab leaders are doing something not like we all hope of cours and that inculd King abdullah and Rania to me,but not because there are taking pics for them self mean they are the only ones who do something.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Jordanian government has already sent 16 trucks of aid to Gaza, as well as a field hospital, so the supplies are getting through.
nothing arrive yet to Gaza BECAUSE OF FULL ISRAELI SIEGE!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrifia View Post
I agree ikram,and a lot about Demagogy,it's nice gesture but when you know that this blood donation will make it to the poeple who need it,we all know very much that Gaza is under Full Israeli siege nothing come in/nothing come out so taking some pics and lunching whole campaign for that when you know very well people will not benefit from it is just self promoting nothing else.
Quote:
I thing all the arab leaders are doing something not like we all hope of cours and that inculd King abdullah and Rania to me,but not because there are taking pics for them self mean they are the only ones who do something.
Quote:
nothing arrive yet to Gaza BECAUSE OF FULL ISRAELI SIEGE!!!!!!!
I don't like communication only for communication and nothing else because of the data we know
Old 12-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Courtier

Israel has allowed a trickle of aid through its cargo crossings with Gaza despite the military campaign, agreeing to allow 100 trucks in on Tuesday, defense officials said. Jordan, the Red Cross and the World Health Organization were also preparing to send medical supplies.
Arab Times :: Toll over 370; Israel dangles truce, threat of land assault

Nearly 200 trucks of humanitarian aid, along with new trucks and ambulances, have passed into Gaza the past three days. One hundred more trucks of aid are expected to enter Gaza Wednesday.

Hamas Takes Aim at Ashkelon as Peres Visits - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

Jordan will start a land bridge to deliver aid to Gaza Strip on daily basis, daily The Jordan Times reported on Wednesday.

The daily delivery will include 10 trucks loaded with medical equipment and donations by the Jordanian people, the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization (JHCO) spokesperson Mohammad Kilani was quoted as saying.
"No sooner had the door been opened for donations for the besieged Palestinians in Gaza than in-kind and cash donations poured in from citizens, public and private institutions and civil society institutions," Kilani said. On Monday, Jordan sent to Gaza its first convoy of 16 trucks carrying medical and food packages in addition to some 1,000 blood units donated by Jordanians.

Jordan to send aid to Gaza on daily basis_English_Xinhua

Tags
king abdullah, queen rania