King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 3: March-July, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
reeda2000 said:
prince hussein will be the crown prince on his birthday 26.6.2005:mad: :mad: :mad: :)

so it looks like we have to wait for their birthdays to hear smthing new?
I wonder what will happen in August (Rania's Birthday) and in Sep. (Salma and Iman's Birthday)...lol

Anyway Let's wait and see!

reeda2000 said:
I think prince hussein is the best...he is the kings son and also his mother queen rania is palstinein ......most of the jordanian were from palstine....

I agree with you.

prince husseins birthday is next sunday .....just one week..by the you are jordanian ithink ....you must knew more about king abdulla and queen rania ..their love and marridge story ..can you post something about that....:p

Its very clear that the King will name his son as Crown prince, cos he took the title from his brother and I dont think hes gona give it to the others!!!

i prince hussein was very young to be crown prince ithink abdulla will chose prince faisal ..or he will chose hussein and faisal as his regent until husseins 17 birtday....ilove prince hussein and iwish he will be the vext crown prince..

well,I was thinking,that he will appoint p.Hussien but put Rania as a guardian till he becomes 18...Just a thought I keep getting from time to time.

I dun think he took the title form one brother to give to another. Oh well,Again we never know.

Do any of you think that PHashem (QR and KA's son) will be made CP since he is their favorite? Ka could always change the law.

That is highly unlikely. Prince Hashem is only months old. As the eldest son Prince Hussein will be the one to become Crown Prince. And I dont think we can say that Prince Hashem is the favourite. There's been a lot of attention centered around him and he's been travelling with his mom because he is the new baby. That is to be expected. Princess Salma used to accompany her parents to overseas visits when she was younger.

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
I'm sure you can,but if you have the same help with plastic surirgies and injections...;) !

I've noticed that rania looked more pale or "white" than how she used to be,looking to her natural complexion in her student's days,she had a weatish complexion!

I really noticed that Rania is more pale... She looks good like this! I love her and she is prettier everyday, but, by the way, has she done a second nosejob... the tip is thinner... :confused: And is it true that she had her lips done?? I'm note sure.

yazz said:
P Salma has an inesthetic nose too, but she doesn't care about it because she is not a superficial lady.

thats not a fair comparison.
Lalla Salma's nose isnt perfect but it isnt ugly either, it doesnt detract from her face and her loveliness. Whereas Rania's nose was downright ugly. Im so glad she had it fixed. That doesnt make her superficial. I cant tell you how many times I've heard and seen stories of people who have one unattractive feature or another, very often a bad nose, and they tell stories of how they were teased and made fun of as children and also as adults. I know if my nose was as bad as Rania's had been, i'd be so depressed. There's nothing wrong with wanting to fix something that makes one feel bad about themselves. Its not like Rania's out there having proceedures done everymonth or deforming her face like Joan rivers or Michael Jackson or others who are addicted to plastice surgery.

nilah said:
It is true that Rania 's
old nose wasn't esthetic. Wouldn't you have that corrected, if you were her ? I wouldn't want to live with a big and curved nose either. The nose correction is not a major surgery at all but can change your face drasticly because this sense organ is located in the middle of the face . At the same time the right make up and hair can help a lot as well. Rania has perfect hair style and perfect make up which suit her very well .

couldnt agree more!
Its amazing to me how people fail to take the right makeup, (highlighting, contouring etc) hair, overall style, into account as well as the change in features that comes with ageing. If you compare pictures of Princess Diana, for example, from her early days of marriage to 10 years later or around the time she died, she looks so different. And yet she didnt have any surgery, her features became more defined as she grew older. The same is true for Rania or any other woman.

Amira said:

ALf Mabrouk to the Couple,I heard about the wedding this morning .
I think we'll hear some good news about Hashim too,ummm w/in a few days or weeks,I heard he got engaded to one of their relatives, a shereefa.
It could just be a rumor though. RUmors are flying all over Jordan these days,each day theres a new Rumor....it's horrible.
OMG WAS THAT HAMZAH STANDING IN THE BACK?THE ONE WITH THE BEARD?!!

Last edited:
Amira said:
Thanks for the pictures Amira. It's so nice to see all of them together. Does anyone know why Ali and Rym are missing?

But this is the wedding right as I remember that they got engaged last year.

Reina said:
Do any of you think that PHashem (QR and KA's son) will be made CP since he is their favorite? Ka could always change the law.

NO Idont think so.......prince hashem is too young to be crown prince ..

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
ALf Mabrouk to the Couple,I heard about the wedding this morning .
I think we'll hear some good news about Hashim too,ummm w/in a few days or weeks,I heard he got engaded to one of their relatives, a shereefa.
It could just be a rumor though. RUmors are flying all over Jordan these days,each day theres a new Rumor....it's horrible.
OMG WAS THAT HAMZAH STANDING IN THE BACK?THE ONE WITH THE BEARD?!!

Yes that is hamzah standing next to his wife the lady in red, princess Noor.

were is Princess RYM en Princ Ali? I don't see them in the wedding

Amira,
Thanks for the photos. Couple seems to be very happy. It is nice to see Jordanian Royal Family together.

Iman said:
were is Princess RYM en Princ Ali? I don't see them in the wedding

yes she's not in any of the wedding photos, not even the picture of the entire family.
She did make a public appearance today (Saturday) though. I wonder why she wouldn't be at the wedding.

Queen urges Young Global Leaders to become force of change

hnews2_28_6.jpeg
Her Majesty Queen Rania delivers an address at the Forum of Young Global Leaders Inaugural Summit, in Zermatt, Switzerland, on Sunday (Photo courtesy Aqaba Railway Corporation)AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Sunday called on the world's young movers and shakers to claim their stake in how the future unfolds, challenging them to become the dynamic engine of change and global progress.

“For all of us here,” Queen Rania said, “the next 15 years have immediate, urgent relevance — in all our roles, as business leaders... politicians... public figures... or perhaps as parents.”

The Queen was addressing a group of 238 young leaders who gathered at the Forum of Young Global Leaders (YGLs) Inaugural Summit in Zermatt, Switzerland, to formulate a vision for the world in 2020.

Speaking during the awards ceremony, Queen Rania stressed that YGLs have a moral responsibility and obligation towards the making of the future.

The Queen encouraged the leaders to work together towards the realisation of their goals, irrespective of their individual differences, as only then could they achieve what they have set out to do.

“... Although you come from around the world, and each have different agendas,” she said, “you're linked by a shared commitment to make tomorrow better for all... In order to fulfil this commitment, it is imperative that you demand and promote a high level of ethical integrity and social responsibility in all you do,” she added.

Queen Rania said the reason the Young Global Leaders initiative is unique is because it gathers distinguished individuals from the four corners of the world, regardless of their differences, to engage within one unified platform.

“You are special, and the vision, drive and determination that have made you successful individuals can be combined to lift the lives of millions around the world,” she continued.

The 2005 YGLs, all aged 40 or younger, represent 68 countries: 71 from Europe, 63 from North America, 49 from Asia, 19 from the Middle East and North Africa, 19 from sub-Saharan Africa and 17 from Latin America.

They include four heads of state and four future monarchs, 80 CEOs and founders/entrepreneurs and 12 chairpersons. Women make up 30 per cent of the group.

The Queen urged YGLs to act as a “network that enables collaboration across boundaries of culture and concern.”

The Forum of Young Global Leaders, spearheaded by the World Economic Forum, is a newly formed, unique, multi-stakeholder community of exceptional young leaders, who share a commitment to shaping the global future. Each year, the forum brings together 200-300 young leaders, selected out of 8,000 candidates, who are currently internationally prominent, to serve for a period of five years, and eventually becoming part of a 1,111-member community by the year 2009.

The 238 leading entrepreneurs, scientists, artists, journalists, economists, politicians and NGO representatives who have been selected, launched the 2020 Initiative, during the annual WEF meeting in Davos, in January of this year.

The group gathered in the Swiss mountain resort under the theme The World in 2020, to draft strategies to address the most pressing challenges facing the world today, with a specific focus on five main areas of concern: Poverty, health, environment, education, global governance and security.

The four-day summit will work on the identification of concrete actions, both short- and long-term, to translate the aspired vision, and the results will feed into WEF 2006 in Davos.

As the head of the YGL Nomination Committee, and the only Arab member of the WEF Foundation Board, Queen Rania also encouraged the YGLs to guide the leaders of tomorrow in their quest for success.

“I hope you'll extend your influence down as well as up — mentoring and coaching the young men and women who want to grow up to be you.”

Among the attendees were HRH Crown Prince Haakon of Norway; Prince Bandar Ben Khalid Al Faisal of Saudi Arabia and Prince Zeid Raad, ambassador and permanent representative of Jordan to the UN, amongst other leading representatives.

Earlier on Sunday, Queen Rania attended the YGL Foundation Board meeting, chaired by WEF Founder and Executive Chairman Professor Klaus Schwab.

The eight-member board discussed the role of the YGLs in global affairs, and means to involve them in the formulation of policies on the national, regional and international levels. They also discussed the foundation's governance system and the signing of statutes.

The Queen also attended the feedback session, where five YGLs briefed the board members on key outcomes and proposed actions discussed during each workshop conducted throughout the past four days.

Based in Geneva, Switzerland, the Forum of Young Global Leaders is an independent, nonprofit organisation, supervised by the Swiss government and established by Professor Klaus Schwab in 2004. It acts in close cooperation with the World Economic Forum.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

http://www.jordantimes.com/tue/homenews/homenews1.htm

Queen Rania in Switzerland
and a picture of her youngest baby Prince Hashem

Attachments

• showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 337
  • showLayoutImage hashem.jpg
    showLayoutImage hashem.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 388
Whose carrying him in that picture?
I think he looks like Princess salma and Iman,or is it too early to tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom