The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 05-23-2005, 11:37 AM
suria's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 545
from Queen Rania recent
interview with Hello:

Do you tell your eldest son Hussein that he might be King one day?

"I think that to tell a boy of Hussein's age that he might become
King one day is almost a form of child abuse because it is setting
him up for so much pressure and expectation when he is so young and
should bee living a child's life. It's really important for me that
he lives as normal a life as possible and that he forms normal
relationships with people who will like him for himself and not for
who he may or may not become.
"My husband is a good example of someone who grew up not expecting
to be King – it made him a real person with whom people can relate."

Last November, your husband decided to relieve his younger brother
Hamzah of the title of Crown Prince. Was this to pave the way so
that your son Hussein can succeed him?

"Prince Hamzah is a highly accomplished young man. My husband and I
hold him in the highest regard. His father, King Hussein, realised
that it is only the person who is in the position of King that can
decide who will be the best successor because it depends on the
circumstances and the climate at the time. My husband wanted to do
the right thing and keep it open for whoever is best to do the job.
I think each one of his brothers and hopefully his son have their
own contributions to make to Jordan and, when the time is right, he
will make the right decision."



if the CP is not PHussein then who
__________________

__________________
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
  #122  
Old 05-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
May 23, 2005
Pictures from today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	148684   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	148685   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	148686  
__________________

  #123  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Jackswife's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 936
Post

44 years ago tomorrow, May 25, 1961, King Hussein married Antoinette Avril Gardiner, who became Princess Muna, the mother of King Abdullah. (The very same day was also the wedding of Sweden's Princess Birgitta and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, so two major royal weddings on the same day!:) )
  #124  
Old 05-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife
44 years ago tomorrow, May 25, 1961, King Hussein married Antoinette Avril Gardiner, who became Princess Muna, the mother of King Abdullah. (The very same day was also the wedding of Sweden's Princess Birgitta and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, so two major royal weddings on the same day!:) )
its also Jordan's independence day. Im looking forward to seeing all the family together. I hope Prince Hamzah and P. Noor will be there, and ofcourse it will be the first independence day for Prince Ali and Princess Rym since their marriage.
Tomorrow is also my brother's birthday
  #125  
Old 05-24-2005, 08:05 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
Tonight on Jeopardy in the United States, "Who is Queen Rania" was a question. The answer was something like "Lebanese-born Elie Saab designed the wedding dress that she wore for her 1993 wedding to King Abdullah of Jordan." The category was haute couture. I got that one right. :)
  #126  
Old 05-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,487
Way to go Dennism! (and it is nice to see you over here in this sub-forum-come back sometime).
But it would be nice if someday I can be a question on Jeopardy.
__________________
*Under Construction*
  #127  
Old 05-24-2005, 11:45 PM
Amira's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Casablanca, Morocco
Posts: 1,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
its also Jordan's independence day. Im looking forward to seeing all the family together. I hope Prince Hamzah and P. Noor will be there, and ofcourse it will be the first independence day for Prince Ali and Princess Rym since their marriage.
Tomorrow is also my brother's birthday
then Happy birthday to your brother Humera
  #128  
Old 05-25-2005, 12:48 AM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
then Happy birthday to your brother Humera
Thank you Amira, thats very nice of you :) :p
  #129  
Old 05-25-2005, 02:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Tonight on Jeopardy in the United States, "Who is Queen Rania" was a question. The answer was something like "Lebanese-born Elie Saab designed the wedding dress that she wore for her 1993 wedding to King Abdullah of Jordan." The category was haute couture. I got that one right. :)
But you didn't ...her wedding dress was by Bruce Oldfield. Her coronation robe was by Elie Saab.
  #130  
Old 05-25-2005, 07:39 AM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/May/24/I776500.htm
all I can understand from this pic's arabic caption is that QR had a meeting with founders of sth which is related to children!!!!
can some1 help in translation?
semms that this coat is her favorite!and my favorite too!
Attached Images
 
  #131  
Old 05-25-2005, 12:40 PM
Veram98's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: at different places, Germany
Posts: 677
She met with the leadership of the founding partners of the future Children's museum in Amman, a project that she initiated.
  #132  
Old 05-25-2005, 02:42 PM
cute_girl's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98
She met with the leadership of the founding partners of the future Children's museum in Amman, a project that she initiated.
how awfull my arabic is!!!!! anyway thanks for translation veram98!
  #133  
Old 05-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
King, Queen leave for UK

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Wednesday left for London on a several-day private visit. HRH Prince Feisal was sworn in as Regent before the Council of Ministers — Petra
Thursday, May 26, 2005

http://www.jordantimes.com/thu/homenews/homenews3.htm
  #134  
Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Posts: 6,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
But you didn't ...her wedding dress was by Bruce Oldfield. Her coronation robe was by Elie Saab.
You mean Jeopardy was wrong? O, no. Could it be true? :(It´s like "three people who have never been in my kitchen" all over again.
__________________
WYAO
  #135  
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Humera's Avatar
Moderator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 7,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
You mean Jeopardy was wrong? O, no. Could it be true? :(It´s like "three people who have never been in my kitchen" all over again.
I was wondering about that myself. I could've sworn her wedding dress was by a European designer and not Elie Saab.
  #136  
Old 05-26-2005, 05:20 PM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
King Hussein, realised
that it is only the person who is in the position of King that can
decide who will be the best successor because it depends on the
circumstances and the climate at the time.

what's that supposed to mean?! so cuz of the current circumstances Hamzah was being "relieved" from his title?!what current circumstances,what does Hamzah have to do with them?!

My husband wanted to do
the right thing and keep it open for whoever is best to do the job.

Umm whoever is best? did she mean he wasn't good enough for his title?!

Now I'm confused!!
  #137  
Old 05-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
King Hussein, realised
that it is only the person who is in the position of King that can
decide who will be the best successor because it depends on the
circumstances and the climate at the time.

what's that supposed to mean?! so cuz of the current circumstances Hamzah was being "relieved" from his title?!what current circumstances,what does Hamzah have to do with them?!

My husband wanted to do
the right thing and keep it open for whoever is best to do the job.

Umm whoever is best? did she mean he wasn't good enough for his title?!

Now I'm confused!!
You're confused ??? So am I . How come it is alright for some kings to be able to make that decision and yet poor Prince Hassan gets pilloried because it was assumed that he might take a similar decision had he become king.
  #138  
Old 05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Earth, United States
Posts: 98
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
from Queen Rania recent
interview with Hello:

Do you tell your eldest son Hussein that he might be King one day?

"I think that to tell a boy of Hussein's age that he might become
King one day is almost a form of child abuse because it is setting
him up for so much pressure and expectation when he is so young and
should bee living a child's life."
Yes..But I think this is a twisted answer to justify some actions. To say that raising crown princes/princesses to be kings/queens is kind of child abuse is also like accusing all the other royal families of the world of such thing because most of the times in those families, crown prince/princess is nominated since birth and raised to be king or queen. I am sure those families are aware that a crown prince/princess is to live their childhood while at the same time getting prepared to be king or queen. .. At least those royal families avoid the mess of throne succession as it is the case in Jordan.
  #139  
Old 05-27-2005, 06:20 AM
T-R-O-U-B-L-E's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: , Jordan
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by monamona
Yes..But I think this is a twisted answer to justify some actions. To say that raising crown princes/princesses to be kings/queens is kind of child abuse is also like accusing all the other royal families of the world of such thing because most of the times in those families, crown prince/princess is nominated since birth and raised to be king or queen. I am sure those families are aware that a crown prince/princess is to live their childhood while at the same time getting prepared to be king or queen. .. At least those royal families avoid the mess of throne succession as it is the case in Jordan.
ummm this is a very smart way to think about it
  #140  
Old 05-27-2005, 10:11 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,487
Maybe there is another reason why she thinks it is child abuse to tell PHussein that he will be the next king. Maybe they want someone else in their family to be king.

But you know I can't feel sorry for QN in that she probably won't be the Queen's mother. She should have knownw what she was getting into. She should have seen this in the future. Her sons were the youngest sons.
__________________

__________________
*Under Construction*
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 32: October 18, 2009 - January 27, 2011 Zonk Current Events Archive 386 01-26-2011 05:10 PM
King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 27: March 18 -June 1, 2008 Humera Current Events Archive 191 06-01-2008 05:39 PM
King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008 Humera Current Events Archive 169 03-17-2008 11:08 PM
King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 20 Zonk Current Events Archive 176 11-28-2006 07:40 PM
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 2: September 2004-March 2005 Lyonnaise Current Events Archive 301 03-24-2005 01:26 PM




Popular Tags
albania bernadotte best gown september 2016 best outfit birthday coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall duke of cambridge fashion fashion poll james bond jewels king abdullah ii king abdullah ii in new york 2016 king carl gustaf and queen silvia king philippe king willem-alexander martha louise member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week pieter van vollenhoven pregnancy prince charles princess charlene hats princess marie princess marie eveningwear princess mary princess mary fashion princess sofia princess sofia and alexander princess victoria princess victoria birthday queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima hats queen rania queen rania fashion queen silvia rohan family royal sally bedell smith september 2016 state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara uae nature what ifs wreathoflaurels


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises