The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Courtier

from Queen Rania recent
interview with Hello:

Do you tell your eldest son Hussein that he might be King one day?

"I think that to tell a boy of Hussein's age that he might become
King one day is almost a form of child abuse because it is setting
him up for so much pressure and expectation when he is so young and
should bee living a child's life. It's really important for me that
he lives as normal a life as possible and that he forms normal
relationships with people who will like him for himself and not for
who he may or may not become.
"My husband is a good example of someone who grew up not expecting
to be King – it made him a real person with whom people can relate."

Last November, your husband decided to relieve his younger brother
Hamzah of the title of Crown Prince. Was this to pave the way so
that your son Hussein can succeed him?

"Prince Hamzah is a highly accomplished young man. My husband and I
hold him in the highest regard. His father, King Hussein, realised
that it is only the person who is in the position of King that can
decide who will be the best successor because it depends on the
circumstances and the climate at the time. My husband wanted to do
the right thing and keep it open for whoever is best to do the job.
I think each one of his brothers and hopefully his son have their
own contributions to make to Jordan and, when the time is right, he
will make the right decision."

if the CP is not PHussein then who

And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 05-24-2005, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

May 23, 2005
Pictures from today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	148684   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	148685   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	148686  

Old 05-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Courtier

44 years ago tomorrow, May 25, 1961, King Hussein married Antoinette Avril Gardiner, who became Princess Muna, the mother of King Abdullah. (The very same day was also the wedding of Sweden's Princess Birgitta and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, so two major royal weddings on the same day!:) )
Old 05-24-2005, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackswife
44 years ago tomorrow, May 25, 1961, King Hussein married Antoinette Avril Gardiner, who became Princess Muna, the mother of King Abdullah. (The very same day was also the wedding of Sweden's Princess Birgitta and Johann Georg of Hohenzollern, so two major royal weddings on the same day!:) )
its also Jordan's independence day. Im looking forward to seeing all the family together. I hope Prince Hamzah and P. Noor will be there, and ofcourse it will be the first independence day for Prince Ali and Princess Rym since their marriage.
Tomorrow is also my brother's birthday
Old 05-24-2005, 09:05 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Tonight on Jeopardy in the United States, "Who is Queen Rania" was a question. The answer was something like "Lebanese-born Elie Saab designed the wedding dress that she wore for her 1993 wedding to King Abdullah of Jordan." The category was haute couture. I got that one right. :)
Old 05-25-2005, 12:22 AM
Royal Highness

Way to go Dennism! (and it is nice to see you over here in this sub-forum-come back sometime).
But it would be nice if someday I can be a question on Jeopardy.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
its also Jordan's independence day. Im looking forward to seeing all the family together. I hope Prince Hamzah and P. Noor will be there, and ofcourse it will be the first independence day for Prince Ali and Princess Rym since their marriage.
Tomorrow is also my brother's birthday
then Happy birthday to your brother Humera
Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
then Happy birthday to your brother Humera
Thank you Amira, thats very nice of you :) :p
Old 05-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
Tonight on Jeopardy in the United States, "Who is Queen Rania" was a question. The answer was something like "Lebanese-born Elie Saab designed the wedding dress that she wore for her 1993 wedding to King Abdullah of Jordan." The category was haute couture. I got that one right. :)
But you didn't ...her wedding dress was by Bruce Oldfield. Her coronation robe was by Elie Saab.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:39 AM
Courtier

http://petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/May/24/I776500.htm
all I can understand from this pic's arabic caption is that QR had a meeting with founders of sth which is related to children!!!!
can some1 help in translation?
semms that this coat is her favorite!and my favorite too!
Attached Images

Old 05-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Courtier

She met with the leadership of the founding partners of the future Children's museum in Amman, a project that she initiated.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:42 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98
She met with the leadership of the founding partners of the future Children's museum in Amman, a project that she initiated.
how awfull my arabic is!!!!! anyway thanks for translation veram98!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

King, Queen leave for UK

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Wednesday left for London on a several-day private visit. HRH Prince Feisal was sworn in as Regent before the Council of Ministers — Petra
Thursday, May 26, 2005

http://www.jordantimes.com/thu/homenews/homenews3.htm
Old 05-26-2005, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley
But you didn't ...her wedding dress was by Bruce Oldfield. Her coronation robe was by Elie Saab.
You mean Jeopardy was wrong? O, no. Could it be true? :(It´s like "three people who have never been in my kitchen" all over again.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennism
You mean Jeopardy was wrong? O, no. Could it be true? :(It´s like "three people who have never been in my kitchen" all over again.
I was wondering about that myself. I could've sworn her wedding dress was by a European designer and not Elie Saab.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:20 PM
Nobility

King Hussein, realised
circumstances and the climate at the time.

what's that supposed to mean?! so cuz of the current circumstances Hamzah was being "relieved" from his title?!what current circumstances,what does Hamzah have to do with them?!

My husband wanted to do

Umm whoever is best? did she mean he wasn't good enough for his title?!

Now I'm confused!!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
King Hussein, realised
circumstances and the climate at the time.

what's that supposed to mean?! so cuz of the current circumstances Hamzah was being "relieved" from his title?!what current circumstances,what does Hamzah have to do with them?!

My husband wanted to do

Umm whoever is best? did she mean he wasn't good enough for his title?!

Now I'm confused!!
You're confused ??? So am I . How come it is alright for some kings to be able to make that decision and yet poor Prince Hassan gets pilloried because it was assumed that he might take a similar decision had he become king.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Gentry

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria
from Queen Rania recent
interview with Hello:

Do you tell your eldest son Hussein that he might be King one day?

"I think that to tell a boy of Hussein's age that he might become
King one day is almost a form of child abuse because it is setting
him up for so much pressure and expectation when he is so young and
should bee living a child's life."
Yes..But I think this is a twisted answer to justify some actions. To say that raising crown princes/princesses to be kings/queens is kind of child abuse is also like accusing all the other royal families of the world of such thing because most of the times in those families, crown prince/princess is nominated since birth and raised to be king or queen. I am sure those families are aware that a crown prince/princess is to live their childhood while at the same time getting prepared to be king or queen. .. At least those royal families avoid the mess of throne succession as it is the case in Jordan.
Old 05-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by monamona
Yes..But I think this is a twisted answer to justify some actions. To say that raising crown princes/princesses to be kings/queens is kind of child abuse is also like accusing all the other royal families of the world of such thing because most of the times in those families, crown prince/princess is nominated since birth and raised to be king or queen. I am sure those families are aware that a crown prince/princess is to live their childhood while at the same time getting prepared to be king or queen. .. At least those royal families avoid the mess of throne succession as it is the case in Jordan.
ummm this is a very smart way to think about it
Old 05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Royal Highness

Maybe there is another reason why she thinks it is child abuse to tell PHussein that he will be the next king. Maybe they want someone else in their family to be king.

But you know I can't feel sorry for QN in that she probably won't be the Queen's mother. She should have knownw what she was getting into. She should have seen this in the future. Her sons were the youngest sons.