King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 3: March-July, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing the ME needs is another problem. King Abdullah may not be perfect but the throne is his right as it is of his son Hussein. If P. Hassan or P. Hamzah ever came to the throne through a coup it wouldnt be saying much for either of them or for those who would think of supporting something like that. I think those two men are better than that.
I think we all know how rumours about the JRF get out of hand.
So I dont think there's any truth to them. KA and QR make very frequent trips to the UK, Rania called it their second home in her recent Hello interview.

monamona said:
there are rumors in Amman these days:
  • that KA cut his London trip as there were some Military officials who were trying "coup d'etat" in favor of princes Hassan and Hamza.
  • that KA initialy flew to London to end a misunderstanding between Haya and Mo who is in London also.
Not sure to what extent this is true. :confused:
about the first,when shah and queen of iran suddenly left the country without a reason so many suspected a coup d'etat,and later it was revealed that the rumor was rather true,but KA and QR's trip was so short that this rumor cant possibly be true.
about the second guess,i'd say he neednt Rania to make up the relation between haya and MO,unless she wasnt there for shopping or haircut or etc... i can find no reason for QR's departure.

Last edited:
papillon said:
As much as I would like to see better and stronger leadership in Jordan, I don't think this first rumor is true. For one thing, it would be unconstitutional for P. Hamzah to succeed a King Hassan. The latter could only name his brother P. Mohammad (who is ill, so not likely to be named) or his son P. Rashid as C.P. Most of the powers that be in Jordan are well aware of this constitutional requirement.

Also, here's the original announcement:

From The Jordan Times

King, Queen leave for UK

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania on Wednesday left for London on a several-day private visit. HRH Prince Feisal was sworn in as Regent before the Council of Ministers — Petra

Thursday, May 26, 2005​

The trip was never intended to last more than "several" days, which is how long it lasted. So, on these bases alone, this rumor seems false.

But, if there ever is a King Hassan of Jordan, I'll be the first one out dancing in the streets. :D

I really think that this sort of speculation is dangerous and irresponsible. One thing Prince Hassan has shown time and again is that he puts loyalty above everything. He was absolutely loyal to his brother when the late king was increasingly out of the country for longer and longer periods of time, leaving the Prince in sole charge and giving him many opportunities to 'take' over if he been so inclined ( think Oman and Qatar and Abu Dhabi ). In 1999, I am sure there were things that Prince Hassan could have said or done to upset the applecart but he behaved with complete dignity and loyalty, both to the king and to the state of Jordan. This was a short public holiday and I think the king and his wife decided to take advnatage of this. Pure and simple.

At this point in time, when KA is out of the country, who exactly is in charge--not just of day to day activities but if something, God forbid, happened that was a real crisis? Feisal? A combination of JRF members and politicians? I am unclear about who handles the reins while the King is out of the country.

Whatever Happened With the Assassination Attempt?

Three years ago, QR and KA and family were on a yacht for a private vacation in the Mediterranian, I believe. A small boat filled with explosives was intercepted before it could reach their yacht but the intent was clear and the Jordanian government confirmed it, KA and his family had been the target of an assassination attempt. There was speculation al Qaeda had been behind it but that's all I heard. I never heard subsequently if the people behind this act were caught, who they were and what happened. Did anyone hear more about it beyond the fact I'm sure security for KA and his wife and children was beefed up significantly. Whatever one's feelings about KA's governing powers, why did he hit someone's radar list as a good target? And why on earth would you target someone's entire family, including small children? I know, terrorists don't care who they kill; just seemed odd that nothing more was said about this.

shelley said:
I really think that this sort of speculation is dangerous and irresponsible. One thing Prince Hassan has shown time and again is that he puts loyalty above everything. He was absolutely loyal to his brother when the late king was increasingly out of the country for longer and longer periods of time, leaving the Prince in sole charge and giving him many opportunities to 'take' over if he been so inclined ( think Oman and Qatar and Abu Dhabi ). In 1999, I am sure there were things that Prince Hassan could have said or done to upset the applecart but he behaved with complete dignity and loyalty, both to the king and to the state of Jordan. This was a short public holiday and I think the king and his wife decided to take advnatage of this. Pure and simple.

You are right.

maryshawn said:
At this point in time, when KA is out of the country, who exactly is in charge--not just of day to day activities but if something, God forbid, happened that was a real crisis? Feisal? A combination of JRF members and politicians? I am unclear about who handles the reins while the King is out of the country.

well isnt that why they have a regent sworn in every time the King leaves the country?
I assume KA has made provisions for that sort of thing. I wouldnt expect that information to be made public.

maryshawn said:
Three years ago, QR and KA and family were on a yacht for a private vacation in the Mediterranian, I believe. A small boat filled with explosives was intercepted before it could reach their yacht but the intent was clear and the Jordanian government confirmed it, KA and his family had been the target of an assassination attempt. There was speculation al Qaeda had been behind it but that's all I heard. I never heard subsequently if the people behind this act were caught, who they were and what happened. Did anyone hear more about it beyond the fact I'm sure security for KA and his wife and children was beefed up significantly. Whatever one's feelings about KA's governing powers, why did he hit someone's radar list as a good target? And why on earth would you target someone's entire family, including small children? I know, terrorists don't care who they kill; just seemed odd that nothing more was said about this.

once again, I wouldnt expect KA to publicize incidents like that. For an absolute monarch who wishes to portray stability it would be highly unusual to admit to something like that. It would be an admission of vulnerability.
As for who would do something like that, there are plenty of terrorists out to kill anyone who is an ally of the US ie, Osama bin Laden and the Saudi royals.

YEah. He probably wants to portray life as normal. I think that is a good message to send.

Queen Rania ranks 3rd in list of world's 100 most beautiful women.

Tuesday May 31
Brunettes top 'most beautiful' list

[font=arial,helvetica]Brunettes have won over blondes in a list of the world's 100 most beautiful women.

The top five in the Harpers & Queen magazine list, compiled by 1,000 experts from the worlds of fashion, arts and the media, are brunettes.

Hollywood beauty Angelina Jolie topped the poll, followed by supermodel Christy Turlington, [/font]Queen Rania of Jordan[font=arial,helvetica], film director Sofia Coppola and domestic goddess Nigella Lawson.

Blondes such as supermodel Kate Moss, Kill Bill star Uma Thurman and Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson are in the top 100, but have been relegated out of the top five.

Harpers & Queen editor Lucy Yeomans said: "We were really surprised when the brunettes came out on top.

"But from our panel results, we witnessed a definite shift away from the traditionally deified blonde stereotype.

"We encouraged people to vote on the all-round package, rather than on physical beauty alone, so it was great to see less obvious beauties such as film director Sofia Coppola making the top five."

Aishwarya Rai, the Indian actress who played the lead in Bride and Prejudice, is ninth in the poll of the 100 Most Beautiful Women of Today.

British actress Charlotte Rampling, 60, who recently hit out at the "barbaric" ageism of Hollywood, is 11th, followed by Beyonce, the Destiny's Child star 37 years her junior. Statuesque blonde actress Cate Blanchett is 13th, followed by another blonde - Johansson - and Ziyi Zhang, the Beijing-born star of House of Flying Daggers. Model Sophie Dahl is 16th, before Star Wars actress Natalie Portman, a brunette.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050531/344/fk3yf.html[/font]

Last edited:
cute_girl said:
Tuesday May 31
Brunettes top 'most beautiful' list

[font=arial,helvetica]Brunettes have won over blondes in a list of the world's 100 most beautiful women.

The top five in the Harpers & Queen magazine list, compiled by 1,000 experts from the worlds of fashion, arts and the media, are brunettes.

Hollywood beauty Angelina Jolie topped the poll, followed by supermodel Christy Turlington, [/font]Queen Rania of Jordan[font=arial,helvetica], film director Sofia Coppola and domestic goddess Nigella Lawson.

Blondes such as supermodel Kate Moss, Kill Bill star Uma Thurman and Lost in Translation star Scarlett Johansson are in the top 100, but have been relegated out of the top five.

Harpers & Queen editor Lucy Yeomans said: "We were really surprised when the brunettes came out on top.

"But from our panel results, we witnessed a definite shift away from the traditionally deified blonde stereotype.

"We encouraged people to vote on the all-round package, rather than on physical beauty alone, so it was great to see less obvious beauties such as film director Sofia Coppola making the top five."

Aishwarya Rai, the Indian actress who played the lead in Bride and Prejudice, is ninth in the poll of the 100 Most Beautiful Women of Today.

British actress Charlotte Rampling, 60, who recently hit out at the "barbaric" ageism of Hollywood, is 11th, followed by Beyonce, the Destiny's Child star 37 years her junior. Statuesque blonde actress Cate Blanchett is 13th, followed by another blonde - Johansson - and Ziyi Zhang, the Beijing-born star of House of Flying Daggers. Model Sophie Dahl is 16th, before Star Wars actress Natalie Portman, a brunette.
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050531/344/fk3yf.html[/font]

after all this plastic surgeries she should kill her self if she is not in the list

i wonder what is her rank would be without all these surgeries

good job for the queen all her people should celebrate and make it a national day , that if they even bother themselves to see her on TV

Last edited:
since when those polls were a way to dictate us how beauty should to be:confused: ?

Then a poor woman in a far area and away of spots, doesn't have the chance to be recognized as a beauty!!!??

Those pools are confusing what is in people memories influenced by medias, and what beauty IS really!

For me Angelina jolie nor the overmediatisated and overworked Rania, don't represent what a beautiful woman should to be:rolleyes: !

Last edited:
Monalisa said:
since when those polls were a way to dictate us how beauty should to be:confused: ?

Then a poor woman in a far area and away of spots, doesn't have the chance to be recognized as a beauty!!!??

Those pools are confusing what is in people memories influenced by medias, and what beauty IS really!

For me Angelina jolie nor the overmediatisated and overworked Rania, don't represent what a beautiful woman should to be:rolleyes: !

at least she should has natural beauty , this is the first and most important condition , any rich girl doesn't has any trust in her self can do such a thing and be one of that list ,

PA is working again

Jordan's King Abdullah (C) greets President of Peru Alejandro Toledo (L) and his wife Elian at the Royal Palace in Amman May 31, 2005. Toledo is on a two-day official visit to Jordan and is scheduled to hold talks with Jordan's King Abdullah on latest political and economic developments in the region. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

Attachments

• 4115I.jpg
    4115I.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 224
  • rtrlive895854.jpg
    rtrlive895854.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 250
AMMAN, JORDAN- MAY 31: Peruvian President Alejandro Toledo talks to Jordan's King Abdullah upon his arrival at the Royal Palace in Amman, Jordan, May 31, 2005. Toledo is on a two-day official visit to Jordan, and held talks with Jordan's King Abdullah on his second day in the country on the latest political and economic developments in the region.

Attachments

• 53001744.jpg
    53001744.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 53001746.jpg
    53001746.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 152
  • 53001753.jpg
    53001753.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 171
  • 53001763.jpg
    53001763.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 152
suria said:
after all this plastic surgeries she should kill her self if she is not in the list

good job for the queen all her people should celebrate and make it a national day , that if they even bother themselves to see her on TV
Suria, you're killing me. :D

suria said:

:D :D I can't help, this article should be added to the thread "why QR is a hardworking queen"!:rolleyes:

Actually she's very hardworking,she worked a lot to be well ranked, and Jordan should be proud to have her;) :D ,just two places and she will on the top of the list:D :D :rolleyes: !

Go Rania, the world and Jordan are better than ever with your challenges:rolleyes: !

I've always said that brunettes are most beautiful;)
They're always on the top of these lists...like the poll done several years ago about the most beautiful actress, Elizabeth Taylor, Vivien Leigh, Audrey Hepburn. All 3 of them beauty icons, and my favourites.
Good for Rania. She deserves to be on that list. I cant think of anyone more beautiful than her (Not Christy Turlington). Only Angelina Jolie is her match.

shelley said:
And just in case anyone still has doubts, see post #77 to see what P. Hassan was doing over the weekend.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=220297#post220297

I don't want look boring, but way is always some1 saing bad for Rania????I just came look for nice pics and news and i have to read bad things.
Sorry, saing this but i don't underst that.
Thnaks for the new pics. I belive this are not being post before.:eek: :(

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 324
  • e.JPG
    e.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 341
  • r.JPG
    r.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 286
  • t.JPG
    t.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 343
  • w.JPG
    w.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 353
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I've always said that brunettes are most beautiful;)
They're always on the top of these lists...like the poll done several years ago about the most beautiful actress, Elizabeth Taylor, Vivien Leigh, Audrey Hepburn. All 3 of them beauty icons, and my favourites.
Good for Rania. She deserves to be on that list. I cant think of anyone more beautiful than her (Not Christy Turlington). Only Angelina Jolie is her match.

I know of one other royal brunette who should be on this list. In fact, in first place. But it´s true. The best are not always appreciated in their time. The top 25 can be found here.

Last edited:
Monalisa said:

Yes, true. A beautiful face can sometimes mask a mean-spirited heart and a beautiful soul is often found in those with a less than conventionally beautiful face.

Dennism said:
I know of one other royal brunette who should be on this list.

gee...i wonder who that could be;)

Princess Haya, of course. I´ve always thought she was beautiful and I know some of you do as well. :) Well, it´s true.

Dennism said:
Princess Haya, of course. I´ve always thought she was beautiful and I know some of you do as well. :) Well, it´s true.

princess haya?
I thought you meant someone else:D
Hmm..she's pretty ofcourse. If only she'd stay a brunette. Then she'd look striking.

Yes, I agree. Stay as a brunette indeed. No more hair coloring. Well, I do have one other person in mind though...

Monalisa said:
:D :D I can't help, this article should be added to the thread "why QR is a hardworking queen"!:rolleyes:

Actually she's very hardworking,she worked a lot to be well ranked, and Jordan should be proud to have her;) :D ,just two places and she will on the top of the list:D :D :rolleyes: !

Go Rania, the world and Jordan are better than ever with your challenges:rolleyes: !

ohh yes , queen of Jordan what a nice job , we are happy that you are taking our money to be beautiful and style, and if you needed more to blow your face or something else , just ask , we are all here to help you and support you , in your line , we all believe in your abilities to be under the spot all the time .

suria said:
Jordan's King Abdullah (C) greets President of Peru Alejandro Toledo (L) and his wife Elian at the Royal Palace in Amman May 31, 2005. Toledo is on a two-day official visit to Jordan and is scheduled to hold talks with Jordan's King Abdullah on latest political and economic developments in the region. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

2nd pic (Comment)...Ali: OOooh,Nice legs Lady in green!
LOL

T-R-O-U-B-L-E said:
2nd pic (Comment)...Ali: OOooh,Nice legs Lady in green!
LOL

this is funny , Ali's taste in women is very strange , nice comment

Hey. Is that the same Peruvian President who has the illegitimate daughter (although no child is illigitimate)? if so than I believe his wife is American.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom