King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 29: October 13 - December 15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She only gets to be head of projects and invited on boards of organisations because she is a queen and she is only a queen through her marriage to her husband.

i think you make lots of sense i agree with.:) also this is true but its the only way a jordanian queen will become one. lol. only through marriage. JMO but i get feeling that this is what peoples thought of queen noor before, when shes just married to the king. then she open a lot of doors for queen rania to do what shes does now, only she gets all credits. :ermm: i wonder do peoples feel the same?

I think people outside Jordan, whom see her through outer lens ( magazines and foreign media ) can't understand what Jordanians really mean, we don't criticize her for vain or the sake of criticism only, but we live her and know the challenges and the needs for us ; she only keeps repeating the same words through different channels and magazines ( of course she changes her outfits) but nothing on the ground. somebody can say the change is slow but she has to feel with people and really stop acting like a model.

I fully agree...But I would like to remind you of the fact that her task of replacing the outer popularity of Queen Noor wasn't an easy task either...King Hussein was a highly popular figure in all the world (He's the most popular Jordanian King ever, inside and abroad) and that helped Queen Noor too...It is a different case with Queen Rania now, her task and interest, since she became a Queen, was to replace or fill that popularity abroad...IMO, promoting the inside popularity is far more important than promoting it abroad and she succeeded in achieving this in a certain way and on a certain level.

She was voted the most inspirational leader featured on one specific CNN program. This says that people liked her more than the others featured there. That's it, no reason to be upset in this way, yamamah.

Well, Queen Noor raised Jordan's profile and the Arab profile in general for 20+ years in countless interviews. She spoke many, many times about bridging the gap and she herself as an Arab American did that in person just not through the same medium which wasn't available then and Queen Noor continues to encourage inter cultural dialogue etc to this day. So what Queen Rania is doing isn't so new. If you read interviews of Queen Noor at the time of her marriage, you would be forgiven for believing all Arabs live in tents, have four wives and own camels! Noor shone a light on the Middle East through a very turbulent time and showed the world the other side, that Arab people are people too.

She was voted the most inspirational leader featured on one specific CNN program. This says that people liked her more than the others featured there. That's it, no reason to be upset in this way, yamamah.

Oh Veram98, I am not upset not at all, after all, this poll was hardly scientific! I am just promoting discussion that's all

I fully agree...But I would like to remind you of the fact that her task of replacing the outer popularity of Queen Noor wasn't an easy task either...King Hussein was a highly popular figure in all the world (He's the most popular Jordanian King ever, inside and abroad) and that helped Queen Noor too...It is a different case with Queen Rania now, her task and interest, since she became a Queen, was to replace or fill that popularity abroad...IMO, promoting the inside popularity is far more important than promoting it abroad and she succeeded in achieving this in a certain way and on a certain level.

amongst certain people............

Oh Veram98, I am not upset not at all, after all, this poll was hardly scientific!

That's what I wanted to say. We should not take this so seriously. It is just a (non scientific) poll among viewers of a certain TV program.

That's what I wanted to say. We should not take this so seriously. It is just a (non scientific) poll among viewers of a certain TV program.

No the danger is that although we don't take it seriously, there are people who believe everything they see or hear on TV as the truth. That is the dangerous thing when people do not question things.

amongst certain people............

There are people in Jordan and abroad who like her and others who do not. But I think that those Jordanians who like her should not just be called "certain people". I know some of them very well (and really like them).

Yes. I only said certain people as dalia had used the word certain a couple of times in the sentence. I don't dislike Rania on a personal level but I don't buy into the hype.

I read all posts but,I have a question. What do Jordanians really think about Queen Rania? Do they think that she is successful or not? & I have a friend from Jordan she said that lots of people in Jordan says Queen Noor is more successful than Queen Rania.Why is that?

Lebanese President arrives in Amman

Lebanese President Michel Sleiman and his wife arrived in Amman on a two-day official visit to Jordan in response to an invitation by Their Majesties His Majesty King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah.
Upon arrival in Amman, President Sleiman and his wife were received by Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania. PetraNews

^^^ Queen Rania looks fantastic,thanks for the pics!!!!

Yes .... u r right nad25 ... i loved her dress ...she looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

At last!!!!! A pretty and appropriate dress that is actually flattering! She looks a million times better in this style and this length of hair.

I read all posts but,I have a question. What do Jordanians really think about Queen Rania? Do they think that she is successful or not? & I have a friend from Jordan she said that lots of people in Jordan says Queen Noor is more successful than Queen Rania.Why is that?

I think many people though not all, believe Noor was a better Queen because she was seen to do a lot more to promote 'Jordan' rather than 'Noor'. It has been mentioned that Rania promotes herself much more than she promotes Jordan. There are lots of reasons from lots of people.

Beautiful photos, thank you Salma, Queen Rania so beautiful again, her hair, her dress, everything perfect.

Another photos:
from Belga picture :
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/11591217.html
From Daylife, from Reuters :
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0h0RccUe0ofLY/queen_rania
From Daylife, AP photos:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/01oB4kpeM986R/queen_rania

Of course, as LeoMama agreed with me (perhaps because he or she also see the 'other' side of the Arab media) so you are free to disagree. It isn't even about politics or religion, it is about what happens here and now, people who know her, knew her, and we hear a different side in Arabic. When the royal family 'play' to the West it is because there is an agenda not always because what they are saying is true. They have to try to look good, same as others.
I'm from Jordan and what we see in the media its not always the truth:rolleyes:

i think that QRania is great queen/first lady for Jordan,good image for her country,however i join some views here that she should focus more on her work at home,i think you have to convince you're ppl first,sometimes she seems to be more interested on what west think of her than her own ppl.

I find it amusing when people wax lyrical about Queen Noor as queen as though she were the ideal.Did Noor help eliminate honour killings? Did she reduce poverty in any major shape or form? Did she improve education in any major shape or form? The answer is no every time.

The problems Jordan has today did not appear the moment Rania became queen, they existed long before she became queen and I find it ridiculous that somebody who has been queen for 9 years is supposed to have addressed all these issues completely. Especially when Noor who was queen for 20 years did not "solve" these problems.

Moreover I find people's shortsightedness strange as well, Noor was often criticised for the things Rania is today, her wardrobe, her lifestyle, the amount of time she spent in the West etc.

Whether some people like to admit it or not, if Queen Noor and Queen Rania pursued agendas in the West they did/do so with the blessings of their husbands. Jordan has always chosen to court Western nations, particularly the USA and the UK; Jordanian queens are not going to do any different.

For 23 years, The Economist has issued bold predictions for the coming year in its thick December special issue. Last year, its crystal ball, in the issue called “The World in 2008,” was a little foggy..............

Mr. Franklin drafted writers including Yulia Tymoshenko, Paul G. Allen, Henry A. Kissinger and Queen Rania of Jordan to weigh in on what issues matter to them.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/15/business/media/15econmag.html?ref=business

Queen Rania has pressed for new laws to allow women to pass on their nationality, but lawmakers have resisted, fearing the move could open the way for Palestinian refugees to gain citizenship.
Lebanese women wed to foreigners want equality

The STARS Foundation, a London-based charitable foundation which works to improve the lives of disadvantaged children around the world, is pleased to announce the three recipients of the 2008 STARS Impact Awards...........

The prestigious awards, of which Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan is Patron, recognise one recipient in each category of health, education and protection. The recipients are selected against a range of criteria which reflect the hallmarks of effective practice and demonstrate a positive impact on the lives of the children supported.
eGov monitor - A Policy Dialogue Platform | Promoting Better Governance

To be fair Rania hasn't done anything of importance or effectivemness to reduce honour killings or poverty either and a lick of paint in a few schools doesn't solve problems either.

dalatinohra.com

This is the official photographer for the Lebanese government. Click on "Presidential Palace" to get current photos. Click on "Archive" to get previous days' photos. They have several photos of the president's visit to Jordan that Petra does not (and of much better quality, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom