The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Please note that the purpose of this thread is to discuss the current events of King Abdullah and Queen Rania, and while I realize it is almost impossible not comment on the clothes worn by Their Majesities, we should not go into great detail.

If you would like to discuss the fashion of Queen Rania, please do so here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-12311-10.html .

Thank you!

Old 10-31-2008, 03:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

it's really funny, the king and queen on red carpet:) maybe the think they're star movies.

in one of the images you can see her mother behind

His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 10-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

More pics:

REPORTAGE PHOTOS : La sublime Rania de Jordanie, fan du beau James Bond !

Royal Weddding Cakes
Old 10-31-2008, 05:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

More pics from IBL
Queen Rania of Jordan with her daughter Iman and husband King Abdullah 10/30/2008. "Quantum of Solace" Premiere in Paris.
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Zimbio
Zimbio
Old 10-31-2008, 05:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83
t's really funny, the king and queen on red carpet:) maybe the think they're star movies.
It was a royal premiere which is probably the only reason they attended. Or are you going to claim William and Harry want to be movie stars too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo
i was wondering about taking a 12 years old child to James Bond movie
Well the film has a 12 certificate so there was nothing wrong with taking her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
I definitely saw him yesterday evening. Surrounded by his security. I think the whole family must have arrived yesterday evening as there were a lot of people.
Looks like you were right. Remind me not to doubt you again!
Old 10-31-2008, 05:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
How come they were attending? Very unusual for the King to go to such things
I agree with you, its very unusual and its very strange to see QR at a film premiere .
Old 10-31-2008, 06:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Thanks for the photos.

It was a royal premiere which is probably the only reason they attended. Or are you going to claim William and Harry want to be movie stars too?

I am sorry but what do you mean by IT WAS A ROYAL PREMIERE here in France ?
In the UK Price Harry and Prince William were attending as the Queen used to do for previous James Bond. But here in Paris, usually you only see movie stars at those premieres. Even the President do not attend.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

thanks assia, plz also don't compare us to the british royal family, even they didn't flew anywhere to attend this event. Why didn't the spanish royal flew to france then?
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 10-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How come they were attending? Very unusual for the King to go to such things

It must be a new Public Relations strategy. Carla Bruni could give them some tips.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 AM
Heir Apparent

those are great pictures, very unusual. i loved that princess iman came with them. she looks lovely in her dress.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
More pics from IBL
Queen Rania of Jordan with her daughter Iman and husband King Abdullah 10/30/2008. "Quantum of Solace" Premiere in Paris.

Zimbio
Zimbio
Princess looks great ... its nice to see her with her mom & Dad ....
I think she looks more like her mother Queen Rania.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:23 AM
Royal Highness

Rania and Abdullah of Jordan take elder daughter to Bond screening (Hellomagazine)
Old 10-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

Quote:
i know that the movie is 12 certificate,however all the scenes of sex,scenes of violence and complicated cases of espionage son't suit PImane age,personally it's not the kind of movie i would like to take my child to.

i agree with you all ,very unusual and abit strange to see King and Queen in movie premiere,there is no harm to go and see a movie but not Showbiz Way it doesn't suit the king position,i know they need a break after their last tour,but coming from along trip and after days Jump to the plane to attend a movie premiere hmmmm.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:40 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

More pics and article

Galerías de imágenes

Royal Weddding Cakes
Old 10-31-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
i agree with you all ,very unusual and abit strange to see King and Queen in movie premiere,there is no harm to go and see a movie but not Showbiz Way it doesn't suit the king position,i know they need a break after their last tour,but coming from along trip and after days Jump to the plane to attend a movie premiere hmmmm.
I just want to chime in here, and say I agree also. It seems unregal of Abdullah and Rania to do this. Also, isn't Rania dressing against Islam's rules? I know she's not walking around with cleavage hanging out, but still, it does not fit with what the average Jordanian woman wears. I'm not saying she would wear the hijab, but she should wear traditional Jordanian clothes, to promote Jordanian fashion.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

First, Rania and Abdullah appear to be caring and responsible parents. If they are of the opinion that the movie is acceptable for their daughter, than I am willing to go with their judgment. For all we know, they never stayed for the entire movie.

In regards to attending the actual premiere, some film premiere's actually benefit a charity of sorts. That was the case when Princes William and Henry attended the Bond premiere in London. Perhaps this is the case with the French premiere.

I am not Muslim, nor would I think that I could speak on behalf of the Islamic faith, the Jordanian people or Queen Rania herself. While I find the dress to be quite questionable in taste (I don't care for the fabric, the color or the style)…I don't think its bad. She has a scooped neck, so she is not showing any cleavage at all,and the hemline falls to her knees. You can possibly question the lack of sleeves. But all in all…I don't think its too bad. Its not like she is wearing a strapless dress.

Basically, I believe that Abdullah and Rania have conducted themselves in such a professional and caring manner the last couple of years that I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion. Now if they started showing up on the red carpet for EVERY film premiere in town, started doing things and wearing clothes that were not true to themselves, their people and their religion then I would agree. I just don't see that here.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

The late King Hussein and Queen Noor loved watching movies, so do King Abdullah and Queen Rania who once said in an interview that it is one of the things they enjoy doing together as a family. So I'm not surprised to see them at the premiere, it's rare, yes, but not unusual for royals (and I'm not talking just the British).
Infact Queen Noor attended the premier of "Beyond Borders" with Angelina Jolie a couple of years ago, she's been to the Tribeca Film Festival a couple of times (done the whole red carpet thing), not to mention several celebrity-centered award shows.
King Abdullah and family are known to attend movie theatres/shows abroad, this is however the first time they've done it in a public fashion which seems to me to be one of the perks most royals enjoy at some point in their lives.
I’d say we move on because it’s just sour grapes to linger over this one.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

King, Queen return back home
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen return back home
Old 11-01-2008, 01:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoula View Post
On Petra they said they left for a private visit!!
What on earth is Rania wearing...IT IS UGLY!!!. Even What Iman is wearing is just horrible!
In accordance with what Zonk said the comment on the clothes will be very brief, the style of the dress is for a much younger woman, maybe someone like Jessica Alba? Iman does not look comfortable at all but the king looks his usual jolly self. As for Queen Noor in the US, she is no longer reigning queen and so isn't in quite the same position.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Nobility

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
I agree with you, its very unusual and its very strange to see QR at a film premiere .
as much as i like the king and Queen this event that they attended wasnt something suitable with their position,sorry,but if they like bond movies,they can watch it privatly but to go on publicly with it i think it wasnt the right thing to do! Queen Rania wore something that is nice yet it didnt suit her position or her age!