King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 29: October 13 - December 15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How come they were attending? Very unusual for the King to go to such things

The three of them are so lucky! It must be very exciting to attend a red carpet premiere. Princess Iman also looks very much like her mother.

i agree acdc1,PImane looks like her mum:)
i was wondering about taking a 12 years old child to James Bond movie:ermm:

Queen Rania of Jordan, Princess Iman of Jordan and King Abdullah II of Jordan attend the Paris premiere of Quantum of Solace at UGC Normandie on October 30, 2008 in Paris, France.
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0baV5M12Lg2Q4/340x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08g1f2m9OcdF3/340x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/08PD5Hh0Kb2c8/340x.jpg
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/02o9cpkcilgu6/340x.jpg
:ohmy: On Petra they said they left for a private visit!!
What on earth is Rania wearing...IT IS UGLY!!!:eek::eek:. Even What Iman is wearing is just horrible!

^ I like the dress but that color is unflattering on ANYONE! Would be better in cobalt blue.

it's really funny, the king and queen on red carpet:) maybe the think they're star movies.

in one of the images you can see her mother behind

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos.

xavi83 said:
t's really funny, the king and queen on red carpet:) maybe the think they're star movies.
It was a royal premiere which is probably the only reason they attended. Or are you going to claim William and Harry want to be movie stars too?

Mademoiselle Lilo said:
i was wondering about taking a 12 years old child to James Bond movie:ermm:
Well the film has a 12 certificate so there was nothing wrong with taking her.

I definitely saw him yesterday evening. Surrounded by his security. I think the whole family must have arrived yesterday evening as there were a lot of people.
Looks like you were right. Remind me not to doubt you again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos.

It was a royal premiere which is probably the only reason they attended. Or are you going to claim William and Harry want to be movie stars too?

I am sorry but what do you mean by IT WAS A ROYAL PREMIERE here in France ?
In the UK Price Harry and Prince William were attending as the Queen used to do for previous James Bond. But here in Paris, usually you only see movie stars at those premieres. Even the President do not attend.

thanks assia, plz also don't compare us to the british royal family, even they didn't flew anywhere to attend this event. Why didn't the spanish royal flew to france then?

those are great pictures, very unusual. i loved that princess iman came with them. she looks lovely in her dress.

i know that the movie is 12 certificate,however all the scenes of sex,scenes of violence and complicated cases of espionage son't suit PImane age,personally it's not the kind of movie i would like to take my child to.

i agree with you all ,very unusual and abit strange to see King and Queen in movie premiere,there is no harm to go and see a movie but not Showbiz Way it doesn't suit the king position,i know they need a break after their last tour,but coming from along trip and after days Jump to the plane to attend a movie premiere hmmmm:ermm:.

i agree with you all ,very unusual and abit strange to see King and Queen in movie premiere,there is no harm to go and see a movie but not Showbiz Way it doesn't suit the king position,i know they need a break after their last tour,but coming from along trip and after days Jump to the plane to attend a movie premiere hmmmm:ermm:.

I just want to chime in here, and say I agree also. It seems unregal of Abdullah and Rania to do this. Also, isn't Rania dressing against Islam's rules? I know she's not walking around with cleavage hanging out, but still, it does not fit with what the average Jordanian woman wears. I'm not saying she would wear the hijab, but she should wear traditional Jordanian clothes, to promote Jordanian fashion.

First, Rania and Abdullah appear to be caring and responsible parents. If they are of the opinion that the movie is acceptable for their daughter, than I am willing to go with their judgment. For all we know, they never stayed for the entire movie.

In regards to attending the actual premiere, some film premiere's actually benefit a charity of sorts. That was the case when Princes William and Henry attended the Bond premiere in London. Perhaps this is the case with the French premiere.

I am not Muslim, nor would I think that I could speak on behalf of the Islamic faith, the Jordanian people or Queen Rania herself. While I find the dress to be quite questionable in taste (I don't care for the fabric, the color or the style)…I don't think its bad. She has a scooped neck, so she is not showing any cleavage at all,and the hemline falls to her knees. You can possibly question the lack of sleeves. But all in all…I don't think its too bad. Its not like she is wearing a strapless dress.

Basically, I believe that Abdullah and Rania have conducted themselves in such a professional and caring manner the last couple of years that I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Just my opinion. Now if they started showing up on the red carpet for EVERY film premiere in town, started doing things and wearing clothes that were not true to themselves, their people and their religion then I would agree. I just don't see that here.

Last edited:
The late King Hussein and Queen Noor loved watching movies, so do King Abdullah and Queen Rania who once said in an interview that it is one of the things they enjoy doing together as a family. So I'm not surprised to see them at the premiere, it's rare, yes, but not unusual for royals (and I'm not talking just the British).
Infact Queen Noor attended the premier of "Beyond Borders" with Angelina Jolie a couple of years ago, she's been to the Tribeca Film Festival a couple of times (done the whole red carpet thing), not to mention several celebrity-centered award shows.
King Abdullah and family are known to attend movie theatres/shows abroad, this is however the first time they've done it in a public fashion which seems to me to be one of the perks most royals enjoy at some point in their lives.
I’d say we move on because it’s just sour grapes to linger over this one.

Last edited:
:ohmy: On Petra they said they left for a private visit!!
What on earth is Rania wearing...IT IS UGLY!!!:eek::eek:. Even What Iman is wearing is just horrible!

In accordance with what Zonk said the comment on the clothes will be very brief, the style of the dress is for a much younger woman, maybe someone like Jessica Alba? Iman does not look comfortable at all but the king looks his usual jolly self. As for Queen Noor in the US, she is no longer reigning queen and so isn't in quite the same position.

I agree with you, its very unusual and its very strange to see QR at a film premiere :ermm:.

as much as i like the king and Queen this event that they attended wasnt something suitable with their position,sorry,but if they like bond movies,they can watch it privatly but to go on publicly with it i think it wasnt the right thing to do! Queen Rania wore something that is nice yet it didnt suit her position or her age!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom