The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamamah View Post
She only gets to be head of projects and invited on boards of organisations because she is a queen and she is only a queen through her marriage to her husband.
i think you make lots of sense i agree with. also this is true but its the only way a jordanian queen will become one. lol. only through marriage. JMO but i get feeling that this is what peoples thought of queen noor before, when shes just married to the king. then she open a lot of doors for queen rania to do what shes does now, only she gets all credits. i wonder do peoples feel the same?

Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavi83 View Post
I think people outside Jordan, whom see her through outer lens ( magazines and foreign media ) can't understand what Jordanians really mean, we don't criticize her for vain or the sake of criticism only, but we live her and know the challenges and the needs for us ; she only keeps repeating the same words through different channels and magazines ( of course she changes her outfits) but nothing on the ground. somebody can say the change is slow but she has to feel with people and really stop acting like a model.
I fully agree...But I would like to remind you of the fact that her task of replacing the outer popularity of Queen Noor wasn't an easy task either...King Hussein was a highly popular figure in all the world (He's the most popular Jordanian King ever, inside and abroad) and that helped Queen Noor too...It is a different case with Queen Rania now, her task and interest, since she became a Queen, was to replace or fill that popularity abroad...IMO, promoting the inside popularity is far more important than promoting it abroad and she succeeded in achieving this in a certain way and on a certain level.

Old 12-13-2008, 05:16 PM
Courtier

She was voted the most inspirational leader featured on one specific CNN program. This says that people liked her more than the others featured there. That's it, no reason to be upset in this way, yamamah.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Courtier

Well, Queen Noor raised Jordan's profile and the Arab profile in general for 20+ years in countless interviews. She spoke many, many times about bridging the gap and she herself as an Arab American did that in person just not through the same medium which wasn't available then and Queen Noor continues to encourage inter cultural dialogue etc to this day. So what Queen Rania is doing isn't so new. If you read interviews of Queen Noor at the time of her marriage, you would be forgiven for believing all Arabs live in tents, have four wives and own camels! Noor shone a light on the Middle East through a very turbulent time and showed the world the other side, that Arab people are people too.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
She was voted the most inspirational leader featured on one specific CNN program. This says that people liked her more than the others featured there. That's it, no reason to be upset in this way, yamamah.
Oh Veram98, I am not upset not at all, after all, this poll was hardly scientific! I am just promoting discussion that's all
Old 12-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalia View Post
I fully agree...But I would like to remind you of the fact that her task of replacing the outer popularity of Queen Noor wasn't an easy task either...King Hussein was a highly popular figure in all the world (He's the most popular Jordanian King ever, inside and abroad) and that helped Queen Noor too...It is a different case with Queen Rania now, her task and interest, since she became a Queen, was to replace or fill that popularity abroad...IMO, promoting the inside popularity is far more important than promoting it abroad and she succeeded in achieving this in a certain way and on a certain level.
amongst certain people............
Old 12-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Oh Veram98, I am not upset not at all, after all, this poll was hardly scientific!
That's what I wanted to say. We should not take this so seriously. It is just a (non scientific) poll among viewers of a certain TV program.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
That's what I wanted to say. We should not take this so seriously. It is just a (non scientific) poll among viewers of a certain TV program.
No the danger is that although we don't take it seriously, there are people who believe everything they see or hear on TV as the truth. That is the dangerous thing when people do not question things.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
amongst certain people............
There are people in Jordan and abroad who like her and others who do not. But I think that those Jordanians who like her should not just be called "certain people". I know some of them very well (and really like them).
Old 12-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Courtier

Yes. I only said certain people as dalia had used the word certain a couple of times in the sentence. I don't dislike Rania on a personal level but I don't buy into the hype.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I read all posts but,I have a question. What do Jordanians really think about Queen Rania? Do they think that she is successful or not? & I have a friend from Jordan she said that lots of people in Jordan says Queen Noor is more successful than Queen Rania.Why is that?
Old 12-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Royal Highness

Lebanese President arrives in Amman

Lebanese President Michel Sleiman and his wife arrived in Amman on a two-day official visit to Jordan in response to an invitation by Their Majesties His Majesty King Abdullah II and Queen Rania Al Abdullah.
Upon arrival in Amman, President Sleiman and his wife were received by Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania. PetraNews
Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Aristocracy

Another article from monstersandcritics.com about Pt. Michel Suleiman's visit to Jordan:- Jordan, Lebanon urge full implementation of resolution 1701 (Roundup)__
Old 12-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Gala dinner

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...News-75920.jpg
http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/o...News-75919.jpg
Old 12-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Nobility

Talking

^^^ Queen Rania looks fantastic,thanks for the pics!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Yes .... u r right nad25 ... i loved her dress ...she looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Courtier

At last!!!!! A pretty and appropriate dress that is actually flattering! She looks a million times better in this style and this length of hair.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I read all posts but,I have a question. What do Jordanians really think about Queen Rania? Do they think that she is successful or not? & I have a friend from Jordan she said that lots of people in Jordan says Queen Noor is more successful than Queen Rania.Why is that?
I think many people though not all, believe Noor was a better Queen because she was seen to do a lot more to promote 'Jordan' rather than 'Noor'. It has been mentioned that Rania promotes herself much more than she promotes Jordan. There are lots of reasons from lots of people.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Serene Highness

Beautiful photos, thank you Salma, Queen Rania so beautiful again, her hair, her dress, everything perfect.

Another photos:
from Belga picture :
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/11591217.html
From Daylife, from Reuters :
http://www.daylife.com/photo/0h0RccUe0ofLY/queen_rania
From Daylife, AP photos:
http://www.daylife.com/photo/01oB4kpeM986R/queen_rania

Closed Thread