King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 28: June 2 - October 13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that NOW she must be in holidays. Nothing bad in it. There IS holiday time in Northern Hemisphere..Isn't it? ;)

Vanesa.

I wonder if the children will be returning to school in the next few weeks. If that is the case, perhaps she just wants to spend some uninterrupted time with them.

It's been my observation over the last several years that she tends to take the summer off from her royal duties with only the rare official engagement. In the past, photos or news about her tend to revolve around family vacations to Italy or the south of France. We probably won't see much of her (at least officially) until around September.

Jordan's first lady launched a YouTube page in March to begin a dialogue between Arabs and Westerners. --> Link

It will be lovely to see the lovely Queen Rania back to her duties,but like most of us shes needs a break from her work!!:flowers:

The present discussion has nothing to do with the King and Queen's current events. Summer is a low-key time for all royals, no need to start an argument about that.
Please stay on topic, any further irrelevant posts will be deleted without warning.

Humera
Jordanian forum Moderator

Anyone has any information if they attend the Olympics in Beijing??

aren't their Majesties coming to China for the Olympics? i was really looking forward to see them at the opening ceremony. but sadly i don't see them on the guest list. are anyone from the Royal family coming as their representatives?

King returns home following visit to Baghdad

News

Hittin camp development projects in place
King Abdullah said at a meeting with local community leaders and officials: "We are on the threshold of the holy month of Ramadan and I instructed the government to take proper measures to make sure there is an abundance of commodities at fair prices to the public."
During the visit, the Monarch inaugurated several projects which he ordered be carried out during his previous visit to the camp, formerly known as Schneller Camp, on October 23, 2007.
The projects, which were originally requested by the camp residents, are designed to improve the living conditions in this underprivileged area.... - Full Article

Queen wraps up YouTube project

"I'd like to think I've made some people pause, reflect and reconsider ideas and assumptions they held as true, but it would be naïve to think that everyone who clicked on to the page, now thinks differently," Queen Rania told the Associated Press in an e-mail.
. . . Musicians, comedians and other personalities also contributed, and viewers could respond by posting their own written comments and videos.
. . .The Queen said her YouTube channel would remain online after Tuesday, but her postings would be less frequent.
"I'll still be posting from time to time to encourage YouTubers to keep talking, listening and learning more about other cultures," she said. Jordan Times

The Associated Press: Jordan queen wraps up YouTube plan on stereotypes

woo! is that her?
I wonder who is the guy beside her? it doesn't look like the king..?

H.M. Queen Rania of Jordan, who is a strong supporter of children's and women's rights, said on the occasion of World Breastfeeding Week that breastfeeding is not only the best choice for infants, it is also a mother’s right. Networks in place in many countries need to be supported in their efforts to promote community-friendly breastfeeding. This means women-friendly workplaces, balanced parental responsibility (men must also be involved in the care of children), and the endorsement of breastfeeding structures at all levels. Governments must be held accountable in their commitment to devise social services that enable breastfeeding mothers to uphold their work responsibilities and remain unhindered in public life, according to H.M. Queen Rania's statement.

"We need to fully grasp the importance of optimal infant feeding as an essential key to human development," she said.
World Breastfeeding Week 2008 - Unite for children by supporting mothers - report - Yemen Times

Amman, Aug.10 (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday sent a cable of condolences to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on the passing away of Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish.

In his cable, King Abdullah expressed in his name and in the name of Her Majesty Queen Rania deep condolences on the death of the great Palestinian.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Queen condole Palestinian President on passing away of Palestinian poet

Queen Rania's final Youtube video:
YouTube - Queen Rania special message to YouTubers

Aqaba, Aug.19 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II saw off Sultan Qaboos Bin Saeed on Oman upon departing Aqaba after a several-day private visit to the Kingdom.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=55747

Amman, Aug.20 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II will visit the Russian Federation on Sunday upon an invitation by Russian President Dmitry Medvedev.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=56072

King condoles Algerian President over victims of terrorist attack
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=56080

Does anyone know when they are coming back to Jordan? I 'miss' seeing her..

she has been in London since last Thursday. The king arrived yesterday to join her. I saw her shopping yesterday in Harvey Nichols and Prada

she has been in London since last Thursday. The king arrived yesterday to join her. I saw her shopping yesterday in Harvey Nichols and Prada

You saw her? What's it like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom