King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 28: June 2 - October 13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen her several times before, it is not the first time. She has a very nice face but too much make-up. She is too thin though, to the extent that her legs are so skinny that in her jeans they look like a child's legs. Her legs are not long, her height seems more in her upper body than in her legs.

so they are in England...i thought that king will return to France after his visit to Russia as he will start official visit to France soon i don't know if queen will be with him i guess so.

will probably go to France from England. Saves them staying in the hotel in Paris when they can stay in their own home in London in between commitments.

Chelsea, who did you see her with? Her children or bodyguards?

I have seen her several times before, it is not the first time. She has a very nice face but too much make-up. She is too thin though, to the extent that her legs are so skinny that in her jeans they look like a child's legs. Her legs are not long, her height seems more in her upper body than in her legs.

You gave a very accurate description Chelsea. This is exactly what I think when I see her. Last time I saw her, her hips were so skinny I was shocked as they were more or less only a little bit bigger than her daughter Iman's! And you are right, she does have a low slung backside and legs :D She has a nice face though, for sure.

Skinny or not she still is a lovely looking woman to me i think her figure is quite nice considering she's in her late 30s,you must watch your self!;)

she was shopping with the woman who has previously been identified on this forum as her sister. They were in the handbag and accessories department.

As regards her figure, it isn't a question of her age. It is a question of her actual genetic body shape.

will probably go to France from England. Saves them staying in the hotel in Paris when they can stay in their own home in London in between commitments.
you're probably right,if they have a house why staying in hotel when they can use their own house.thanks chelsea for make it clear i didn't know about their house in UK.

she has been in London since last Thursday. The king arrived yesterday to join her. I saw her shopping yesterday in Harvey Nichols and Prada
Really?!

I was sure I saw somebody who looked like Rania over the weekend outside Mac on King's Road in Chelsea but it was pretty busy and I didn't get close enough. I guess it must have been her, she looked very nice imo.

Ashgabat, Aug.24 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks here with President of Turkmenistan Qurban Qali Bardi Mohammedov, on ways to develop bilateral ties in various fields in the interest of both countries.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King holds talks with President of Turkmenistan

Amman, Aug.23 (Petra)—Upon the directives of His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces, chairman of the Joint chiefs of staff ordered a Royal Air Force plane to rescue and evacuate members of a Jordanian family who were injured in a traffic accident on Thursday in the eastern region of Saudi Arabia.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=56536

Ah i wish i could see the Queen one day too and see how she looks like in real life!!!:whistling::rolleyes:

Merkel tops Forbes powerful women list.....

Other notable women on the list include French Economy, Finance and Employment Minister Christine Lagarde, in 14th place; Italian-born Sonia Gandhi, head of the Indian National Congress Party, ranked 21st; and Queen Rania of Jordan, in 96th place.
Merkel tops Forbes powerful women list - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

Here's a link to Rania's page in the list on the Forbes website:
The 100 Most Powerful Women: #96 Queen Rania Al-Abdullah - Forbes.com

The list itself:
The 100 Most Powerful Women sorted by Rank - Forbes.com

Last edited by a moderator:
thankks for links Little_star i think she lost some rank on list this year?
OH,i see a moroccan in rank 29:)

The tiara looks great on her. It is much better that that worn for the visit to Brunei. Let us see whether or not this tiara belongs to her
she wore thiss tiara during the state visit to Netherlands so i guees she own this tiara.
nice video by the way.

Merkel tops Forbes powerful women list.....

Other notable women on the list include French Economy, Finance and Employment Minister Christine Lagarde, in 14th place; Italian-born Sonia Gandhi, head of the Indian National Congress Party, ranked 21st; and Queen Rania of Jordan, in 96th place.
Merkel tops Forbes powerful women list - Breaking News - World - Breaking News

Rania's descent on this list is accelerating. She was No. 13 in 2004, No. 80 in 2005, No. 81 in 2006, No. 82 in 2007 and now No. 96 in 2008. Will she even be on the list next year? And I noticed Mozah of Qatar isn't listed this year at all after being ranked No. 79 in 2007.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy (L) welcomes Jordan's King Abdallah II on August 27, 2008 at the presidential Elysee Palace in Paris. Jordan will sign soon an agreement with French nuclear group Areva regarding uranium prospecting, declared King Abdallah II.
82569238.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82569338.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82569987.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82570099.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82570158.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost

Rania's descent on this list is accelerating. She was No. 13 in 2004, No. 80 in 2005, No. 81 in 2006, No. 82 in 2007 and now No. 96 in 2008. Will she even be on the list next year? And I noticed Mozah of Qatar isn't listed this year at all after being ranked No. 79 in 2007.
I think Rania is now the only female muslim royal on the list. One of the UAE royal ladies also featured last year, Sheikha Lubna al Qasimi.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy (L) welcomes Jordan's King Abdallah II on August 27, 2008 at the presidential Elysee Palace in Paris. Jordan will sign soon an agreement with French nuclear group Areva regarding uranium prospecting, declared King Abdallah II.
82569238.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82569338.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82569987.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82570099.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
82570158.jpg - Free Image Hosting at TurboImageHost
Thanks for the photos, it looks like Sarkozy and the King get along quite well.

Monarch congratulates Abbas on prisoners release
Jordan Times

AMMAN (JT) - Jordan signed in Paris Wednesday a nuclear agreement with France and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the French company, Areva, on nuclear cooperation, the Jordan News Agency, Petra, reported............

His Majesty King Abdullah and French President Nicolas Sarkozy attended the signing of the deals.......

Meanwhile, the King and Sarkozy held talks that focused on bilateral ties, Euro-Mediterranean Partnership and developments in the region.
http://www.jordantimes.com/?news=10342

Following is the full text of remarks by His Majesty King Abdullah at the Université d’été du MEDEF in Palaiseau, France, on Wednesday:
http://www.jordantimes.com/?news=10334

It's Queen Rania's birthday tomorrow and Petra have a number of photos of her carrying out official duties. Most have been posted on the board before.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - Images

Amman, Sept.1 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with the President of Iceland Olafur Ragnar Grimsson on means of enhancing bilateral ties, the situation in the Middle East and efforts exerted to achieve peace in the region.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=58390

Amman, Sept.1 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II exchanged in two telephone calls with Syrian President Bashar Assad and the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifah Al Thani, good wishes on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=58391

Amman, Sept.1 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II ordered on Monday the implementation of educational, health and developmental projects in the Sahab District.
http://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=58392

I found this article about Jordan's growing popularity amongst students:

AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Young Americans studying Arabic like to joke that Jordan is "Middle East Lite" — a safe way into a tumultuous region without Lebanon's violence, Syria's tense relationship with the U.S. or the Gulf's conservative culture.
Drawn by that reputation, an increasing number of Americans interested in Arabic have been flocking to Jordan......
The Associated Press: Students flock to Jordan to study in tamer Mideast

This is just a reminder that all news and pictures of the King and Queen’s Ramadan-related activities can be found here:

Ramadan 2008

Why do you guys think that is? I haven't examined the list, but is it because she's losing her power, or is it because there are more and more women entering the list, thus pushing her down? I hope the latter is the case.

Why do you guys think that is? I haven't examined the list, but is it because she's losing her power, or is it because there are more and more women entering the list, thus pushing her down? I hope the latter is the case.

I suspect it has a lot do with Forbes being a business magazine. Most of the women on the list tend to be businesswomen or elected officials, both of whom control a lot of money and tend to get a lot of press mentions. These are Forbes's two top criteria for inclusion on the list (added to the bottom of this post).

As for press mentions, the magazine doesn't say which media it looked at. Did it only look at English-language media, for example? If so, that might have a lot to do with it as Rania appears to be getting less attention from the English-language media – especially the print media – as the years go by (if memory serves, she got the most press attention in the first few years of her husband's reign, when she had the novelty factor). Also worth considering is the possibility that the other women on the list might now be getting significantly more press coverage than Rania. A focus on the English-language media could also explain the large number of women from English-speaking countries in the top 100. Not a very inclusive list in my opinion, and one reason to take it with a grain of salt.

As for money, Rania probably doesn't control a lot of it via the Jordan River Foundation and can't be credited with Jordan's national budget since she likely has no say in how the country's finances are allocated. She does wield influence in Jordan and – to a lesser extent – internationally, but she doesn't match the sheer power that many of the high-level entrepreneurs and national leaders on the list exert in the course of their duties.

I also wonder how much Forbes has refined its methodology in the five years it has been doing this list. Even if money and press mentions remain the main criteria, how Forbes gathers and analyzes this information could have changed enough (or become more sophisticated) to affect which women are included and how they are ranked. Your suggestion that Forbes might be considering more women for its list is also something that is probably coming into play.

The World's Most Powerful Women - Forbes.com

We measure power as a composite of public profile--calculated using press mentions--and financial heft.

The economic component of the ranking considers job title and past career accomplishments, as well as the amount of money a woman controls. A chief executive gets the revenue of her business, for example, while a Nobel winner receives her prize money and a U.N. agency head receives her organization's budget. We modify the raw dollar figures to allow comparisons among the different financial realms so that the corporate revenue that an executive controls, for instance, is on the same footing as a country's gross domestic product, ascribed to prime ministers.

I suspect it has a lot do with Forbes being a business magazine. Most of the women on the list tend to be businesswomen or elected officials, both of whom control a lot of money and tend to get a lot of press mentions. These are Forbes's two top criteria for inclusion on the list (added to the bottom of this post).
Business and American. Looking through the list there's a clear slant towards American women...which isn't surprising considering the origin of the magazine and its prime readership.

Adamari said:
As for press mentions, the magazine doesn't say which media it looked at. Did it only look at English-language media, for example? If so, that might have a lot to do with it as Rania appears to be getting less attention from the English-language media – especially the print media – as the years go by (if memory serves, she got the most press attention in the first few years of her husband's reign, when she had the novelty factor). Also worth considering is the possibility that the other women on the list might now be getting significantly more press coverage than Rania.
Hmm, personally I think her coverage is increasing, the BBC have had sevaral news stories and an interview. British newspapers like The Times, The Independent and The Telegraph have all had articles about her and the recent Youtube coverage has been widely reported in newspapers across the globe. http://www.forbes.com/2008/08/27/most-powerful-women-biz-powerwomen08-cz_me_cs_0827intro.html

I have moved a few posts to the
Ramadan 2008 thread

Please post all current news, articles and pictures of all members of the Jordanian Royal Family which also includes King Abudllah and Queen Rania as they visit orphanages, hospitals, the poor, the elderly and carry out other Ramadan-related engagements.

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom