The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Heir Apparent

She may put in an appearance at the WEF tomorrow. The King has already made his appearance.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

A Flickr photo from today:
Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan at Google Zeitgeist on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

A blog from a person who attended Zeitgeist.
Experiences at Google Zeitgeist from Ola Ahlvarsson | SIME BLOG

Old 05-20-2008, 03:31 AM
Nobility

King abdullah and queen rania was in malaysia last week. I saw their private jet at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and our local newspaper mentioned that they had a meeting with our Prime Minister at Kuala Lumpur. Their program as scheduled here e-Press
Old 05-20-2008, 06:27 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraDaniel View Post
King abdullah and queen rania was in malaysia last week. I saw their private jet at Kuala Lumpur International Airport and our local newspaper mentioned that they had a meeting with our Prime Minister at Kuala Lumpur. Their program as scheduled here e-Press

There is a thread on their visit with all their activities, Articles & Pictures, click here
Old 05-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Several political posts have been deleted. Please remember that comments of a political nature are against the Forums' rules, so is carrying over discussions and disagreements from other forums, blogs etc. to TRF.

Members who have trouble following these guidelines will find their posts deleted without warning.

Humera
Jordanian Forum Moderator
Old 05-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I've come across a link which has Queen Rania's speech at Zeitgeist. There is an introduction first and also a summary of her Youtube videos
Queen Rania mentioned me in her speech at Google Zeitgeist08 | Kermit the Blog | Kamel Al-Asmar's official commentary
Old 05-21-2008, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
I've come across a link which has Queen Rania's speech at Zeitgeist. There is an introduction first and also a summary of her Youtube videos
Queen Rania mentioned me in her speech at Google Zeitgeist08 | Kermit the Blog | Kamel Al-Asmar's official commentary
I really like her speech. Thanks Little star for the link .
Old 05-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Relief materials from Jordan arrive in southwest China.....

The donation was offered at the order of King Abdullah II Bin Al-Hussein, said the Ministry.
CCTV International

WASHINGTON — Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., the liberal icon who has spent more than four decades at the forefront of social change efforts in Congress, has been diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor, physicians at Boston's Massachusetts General Hospital said Tuesday.......

Good wishes were conveyed by the presidential candidates. Hundreds of phone calls, 19 bouquets and more than 2,500 e-mails reached Kennedy's office. King Abdullah II of Jordan sent an orchid.
Malignant tumor strikes Kennedy - The Denver Post

Acording to this website orchids symbolise strength
Orchid Flower Meaning & Symbolism | Orchid Botany - Teleflora.com
Old 05-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Courtier

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/05-2008/400People01.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star View Post
Good wishes were conveyed by the presidential candidates. Hundreds of phone calls, 19 bouquets and more than 2,500 e-mails reached Kennedy's office. King Abdullah II of Jordan sent an orchid.
Malignant tumor strikes Kennedy - The Denver Post
That's very nice .
Old 05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Amman, May 21, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II voiced full support to projects and plans suggested by "We Are All Jordan" Youth Commission in Madaba governorate.

The plans prepared by the commission aim to maximize benefits from the tourist, economic and agricultural potentials in Madaba governorate province and to improve living standards in the area.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King voices full support to Youth Commission in Madaba
Old 05-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Courtier

Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen

by Eboo Patel
(founder and executive director of the Interfaith Youth Core, a Chicago-based international nonprofit that promotes interfaith cooperation)

I first met Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan three years ago at the Clinton Global Initiative, where we served on a panel together. My wife could not stop commenting on her radiant beauty. But what I found most striking about her was her intelligence. She used her few minutes on that panel to speak about three things in particular.

Eboo Patel: Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen - On Faith at washingtonpost.com
Old 05-23-2008, 09:03 AM
Nobility

someone I know saw Rania shopping in Harrods London earlier this week, apparently with Princess Haya. Anyone know what she is up to this week?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
someone I know saw Rania shopping in Harrods London earlier this week, apparently with Princess Haya. Anyone know what she is up to this week?
they have house in London right?this is why they spend alot of time there in England ans in Europe.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Reminder

Please post all news and pictures related to the upcoming Independence Day celebrations on May 25th in the following thread:
Independence Day: 2005-2008
Old 05-25-2008, 12:26 PM
Nobility

Didn't the Queen and King attend the Independence Day celebration this year?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes, its going on now. I saw the begining of the celebration when the king intered & the prince & princes were waiting for him, what was weird that princess alia wasn't beside p.faisal or p.muna she was the last on in the row.!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
by Eboo Patel
(founder and executive director of the Interfaith Youth Core, a Chicago-based international nonprofit that promotes interfaith cooperation)

I first met Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan three years ago at the Clinton Global Initiative, where we served on a panel together. My wife could not stop commenting on her radiant beauty. But what I found most striking about her was her intelligence. She used her few minutes on that panel to speak about three things in particular.

Eboo Patel: Interfaith Work Fit for a Queen - On Faith at washingtonpost.com
Thanks for this article, I really enjoyed reading it and it was great to see how networking at such events provides tangible results.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Heir Apparent

ISLAMABAD, May 25 (APP): Pakistan and Jordan will soon sign a “Free Trade Agreement” (FTA) to enhance their economic and trade ties, meeting the common aspirations of their people. This was stated by the ambassador of Jordan Dr. Saleh Ahmed Al Jawarneh on the occasion of the 62nd Independence Day of his country being celebrated on May 25...............
It reflects from the fact that the Queen of Jordan Her Majesty Rania Al Abdullah, immediately came to Pakistan to offer aid and moral support to the victims of the devastating earthquake that hit it in 2005, he added.
Associated Press Of Pakistan - Pakistan-Jordan to sign Free trade agreement: Jawarneh

How wonderful for the Queen's Kashmir visit to have been mentioned specifically.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Amman, May 25 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah underlined Jordan's full support for Lebanon and backing the Lebanese people to preserve the independence and sovereignty of their country.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King congratulates Chief Michel Suleiman on his election as Lebanese President