King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just happened that last week I was surfing the Internet for airlines news and found some interesting pictures that show the level of spending that the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are struggling on a daily basis to provide the basic needs for their families.​

I suspect that if the Royals of Jordan flew on cheap ballons and rode on camel back, people would still complain. I think this Jane Austen quote could be applied to the situation with some on this list as those "Who never looks at a woman except to see a blemish", in this case never looking at Royals except to see their faults. If you are always determined to see the worst in others, that's what you'll find. No one is perfect and without flaws. And last time I checked, complaining about someone behind their backs was considered a flaw. If you have a real problem with this, write a letter to the Royals. There is nothing worse than some who complains endlessly about something yet does nothing to change it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not pretend that the Jordanian royals had no private jets or made no foreign trips and Jordan had no poverty before the current King. Im sure the state of the Jordanian economy is far too complicated a subject to be dealt with here, not to mention beyond the scope of this forum.
So before this discussion leads to further speculation and slander, I'd like to remind everyone that both are against the Forums' Rules.
Having said that, this is a current news thread so lets get on with that topic.

Thank you
Jordanian Forum Moderators

Last edited:
10 February 2008

King receives an invitation from Syrian President. I hope it will be a state visit.

Daily News

King arrives in Moscow. It is interesting to see King Abdullah in ushanka.

Daily News

Last edited:
Driven by its commitment to humanitarian causes, Nuqul Group’s FINE Hygienic Paper Company participated in the Gaza Campaign organized by the Jordan River Foundation. The campaign was launched in cooperation with the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization to provide aid to Gaza residents.
albawaba.com middle east news information::Nuqul Group’s FINE Hygienic Paper Company Collaborates with Jordan River Foundation in its Gaza Campaign

MOSCOW, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin held talks with Jordanian King Abdullah II in Moscow on Monday, pledging to boost economic and trade ties between the two countries, as well as cooperation on the Middle East issues.
Putin hosts Jordanian King, vows to boost ties_English_Xinhua

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else seen the article on Rania in this months Harper's Bazaar (English version)?

No, what does it say? I don't particularly like Harper's Bazaar but I will check it out.

usual stuff in the article, quite bland actually. It is part of a focus on powerful women in the issue.

It is true, many articles about queen rania, even in arabic press are very old and recycle same old stories and quotes. There is never anything new except same PR

Are you talking about February's Harpers Bazaar with Jennifer Lopez on the cover? When I looked at it at the newsstand, the magazine didn't have anything in there about Rania.

Are you talking about February's Harpers Bazaar with Jennifer Lopez on the cover? When I looked at it at the newsstand, the magazine didn't have anything in there about Rania.

No, the March edtion, it has have some nice pics,

Love

Jordan's Queen Rania (R) stands next to Portuguese first lady Maria Cavaco Silva (L) in Amman, 17 February 2008. Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva is in Jordan on a three-day visit during which he will hold talks with Jordanian officials. The talks are expected to focus on issues of common interest and mechanisms of boosting bilateral cooperation in the economic

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Jordan's Queen Rania (R) stands next to Portuguese first lady Maria Cavaco Silva (L) in Amman, 17 February 2008. Portuguese President Anibal Cavaco Silva is in Jordan on a three-day visit during which he will hold talks with Jordanian officials. The talks are expected to focus on issues of common interest and mechanisms of boosting bilateral cooperation in the economic

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

nice sunglasses, they suit her very muchthe queen is very hard working, she doesn't stop since her travel in morocco

nice sunglasses, they suit her very muchthe queen is very hard working, she doesn't stop since her travel in morocco

Lovely pictures. Queen Rania looks great in that suit. Im not too sure about the shades though, they do suit her but theyre abit big, I also dont think they are right for the event, maybe would work better at a day to day event.
Does anyone know if there will be a dinner?

Reuters pictures
review a guard of honour
Queen & 1st lady
Queen & president
Meeting

Getty Images
Pic 1 -- pic 2

Last edited:
thank you for the photos i like QRania day wear elegant and beautiful:just perfect like model as LeoMama said:),but her gala dress is just disaster i find the whole look Anarchist.

King Abdullah of Jordan on visit to Bay

KING Abdullah II of Jordan flew in to Port Elizabeth yesterday to begin a journey along the Garden Route to Cape Town – on one of the many Harley-Davidson motorbikes he owns.

The Herald Online **News**

Garden Route welcomes Jordan‘s king

KING Abdullah II of Jordan is an elusive, not to mention well-protected, man but those who have encountered him say he is also very generous.
Currently he‘s on a motorbike trip through the Garden Route, accompanied by close companions, a posse of bodyguards and paramedics ...

The Herald Online **News**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom