King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

We had the same thought, I would also want say ''thank you'' when I saw the photos of today which you posted!! It's nice to find the photos here without having searching all around, thanks!!! :flowers:

Last edited:
Jordan's queen appeals to world community to help end Gaza blockade

Amman - Jordan's Queen Rania on Monday described the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip as "a bad and painful" situation and appealed to the world community to move to ensure an end to the suffering of Palestinian civilians. "We appeal to the world community to consider international law and human rights codes as the referee in such circumstances, and to prevent collective punishment and the practices which affect innocent people with no political attitudes," the queen said.

Jordan's queen appeals to world community to help end Gaza blockade : Middle East World

i've noticed in a few videos that rania has a tendency to turn and start walking away from people while they're still talking to her, she did it nearly three times in the marketplace video with the man in the store and the elderly person at the end, then with one of the kid photographers...in another video I even saw her do it to Barbara Walters...it seems kind of rude

is this behavior just some cultural difference i'm unaware of? :ermm:

I don't think I've ever noticed her doing that, however in the video I posted I did notice in several places her security people trying to usher her away while she continued talking. Maybe there were time restrictions?

Amman, Jan. 22 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday directed concerned authorities to facilitate the treatment of several patients from the Gaza Strip at Jordanian hospitals
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King orders treating sick Gazans in Jordan

Amman, Jan. 22 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II discussed with Egyptian President Mohammad Hosni Mubarak the latest development in Gaza Strip, the impact of Israeli aggression on Palestinians and means to end their suffering.....

In a similar telephone conversation with President of the Palestinian National Authority Mahmoud Abbas, His Majesty reiterated Jordan’s rejection and condemnation of the Israeli aggression and collective punishment of the Palestinian people in the Gaza Strip.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King phones Abbas, Mubarak

Last edited by a moderator:
Great videos, thanks for posting! Were very lucky to have youtube now days. lol. I see the first video was a public tour but does anyone know if she often go to those places or just stays around home. and if she does go out, without inviting the media, do people still gather around her like that alot?

Amman, Jan. 24 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II today stressed the importance of maintaining the international momentum in support of the Middle East peace process in order to achieve a Palestinian-Israeli peace agreement before the end of the year that addresses final status issues and leads to the establishment of an independent Palestinian state
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Phones US President

Queen Rania has written an article for the Financial Times

Injaz’s helping hands raise Arab youngsters’ potential

By Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
Published: January 24 2008 15:46 | Last updated: January 24 2008 15:46

In the UK, the median age is roughly 40 years old. In the US, it is 35. In Jordan, it is 23.5. With almost 40 per cent of Jordan’s population under the age of 15, creating employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for its youth is an urgent, constant challenge.

One innovative organisation, Injaz, is meeting this challenge head on. Injaz, which means “achievement” in Arabic, aims to inspire and prepare Jordanian youth to compete in the global economy.

In collaboration with businesses, educators, and government officials, more than 2,000 private-sector Injaz volunteers work through Jordanian schools and universities to teach young people marketable skills, from economics to entrepreneurship to ethics.

FT.com / Reports - Injaz’s helping hands raise Arab youngsters’ potential

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you believe this local Austrian newspaper (sorry it's in German) the king and queen are from today on for (14) winter holidays in the noble ski resort Lech/Vorarlberg (Austria). They are staying there at Almhof Schneider.[/FONT]

Stars und Adelige - Vorarlberg - Aktuelle Nachrichten - Vorarlberg Online
I can't believe that they will stay for holiday for two weeks :rolleyes:. The article also says that Queen Beatrix, Prince WA, Maxima, and Carline with Ernst August will be in the same hotel :rolleyes:.

The article also says that Queen Beatrix, Prince WA, Maxima, and Carline with Ernst August will be in the same hotel :rolleyes:.

No, QBeatrix and her family will be in another hotel (according to the article): Hotel Post, and Caroline even in another Vorarlberg ski resort: in Zürs (Hotel Lorünser).

No, QBeatrix and her family will be in another hotel (according to the article): Hotel Post, and Caroline even in another Vorarlberg ski resort: in Zürs (Hotel Lorünser).
You're right :blush:. I only read their names and thought they will be in the same hotel :online2lo.

Well I've seen photos of them skiing before so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd decided to stop for a ski break. However I doubt they will be there for 14 days.....

well if its true and their presence has been announced, we will probably see some paparazzi photos :neutral: i've seen a few of QR skiing at abaca press...i guess we'll know for sure soon

well if its true and their presence has been announced, we will probably see some paparazzi photos :neutral: i've seen a few of QR skiing at abaca press...i guess we'll know for sure soon

i heared that PAli and Rym and their family are going with them :rolleyes:

KA and QR leave in private visit (from Petra)

Last edited:
If it´s true I hope see picture of their.

14 days is very unlikely, the king never takes that kind of time off. The article says only Hashem is with them, the other children presumably having school. So they are probably away a few days only.

Thanks for posting Joumana! Can anyone translate the pics of Prince Ali and Rym photos?

14 days is very unlikely, the king never takes that kind of time off. The article says only Hashem is with them, the other children presumably having school. So they are probably away a few days only.

You are right. According to the Jordanian daily al-Rai’ they returned already on January 31th.

Great videos, thanks for posting! Were very lucky to have youtube now days. lol. I see the first video was a public tour but does anyone know if she often go to those places or just stays around home. and if she does go out, without inviting the media, do people still gather around her like that alot?
Well there have been photos of them in the past just out and about in Amman. This was taken during Ramadan (2006) at a small cafe by a fellow diner,
http://sabbah.biz/mt/wp-content/uploads/2006/oct/King_abdullah_sohor.jpg

Plus I've read of other occasions of Rania out, eg. at an ice cream parlour in amman a few months back.

here's a video of the king eating at that restaurant on youtube...it's amateur, not very good :neutral:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDjBsWL4-fg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom