King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Harper's Bazaar March edition that had been mentioned a while back. I liked the article and it has some pictures that I think are unique to the article. I am a little fuzzy on the rules regarding picture scans and if they should go here or into the QR picture topic

jroneida, you can post the scans in Queen Rania's picture thread. You'll have to upload them to an image-hosting site first.

Amman, March 10 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks today with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on the latest developments in Palestine. King Abdullah underlined the importance of uniting the Palestinian stand in the present time to achieve the ambitions of Palestinians in establishing their independent state on the national soil.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Abdullah, Palestinian President hold talks

The Dead Sea, March 10 (Petra) – Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah met today with wife of Angolan President Ana Paula dos Santoshttp://petra.gov.jo/Artical.aspx?Lng=1&Section=1&Artical=25499

Photo:
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-25483.jpg

Suria, it is nice to know I am not the only one who sees these things :flowers: We have different perspective because we saw this lady at the beginning and since in real life and the big changes with our own eyes, not just photo's. We could say about the other changes too but perhaps people will not like it, but we know because we see :whistling:

Here are the Harper's Bazaar photos. They are from the British edition March 2008. The interview that goes with it is worth a read as well, if people can track down the magazine

Photos
Thanks for the photos!

Suria, it is nice to know I am not the only one who sees these things :flowers: We have different perspective because we saw this lady at the beginning and since in real life and the big changes with our own eyes, not just photo's. We could say about the other changes too but perhaps people will not like it, but we know because we see :whistling:
I know people who have seen Rania in person who would disagree completely with what you said.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
King Visits the Army Headquarters

Jordan News Agency - Petra - King Visits the Army Headquarters

Amman, March 12 (Petra)-His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with Croatian President Stjepan Mesic on ways of boosting bilateral cooperation, mainly in the economic and trade fields, as well as the latest developments in the Middle East
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King holds Talks with Croatia President

AMMAN, Jordan: Jordan's King Abdullah II has instructed his government to postpone a price hike on butane cooking gas and cattle feed announced earlier this week in order to "ease the burden on citizens" the official Petra news agency said Saturday.
Jordan's king postpones price hikes for cooking gas and fodder to 'ease citizen's burden' - International Herald Tribune

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the photos!

I know people who have seen Rania in person who would disagree completely with what you said.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day.

If you read my post you would see that I did not say she ugly woman. I said that having seen her several times since she was a princess till now, the changes are huge and I prefered her when she was more simple and natural when she was first queen and that she looks different close up in person to how she looks in professional photographs. If you stand close to her you can see the ridges in the nose and that she has deep set eyes. I did not say it was a crime to have these things, just an observation and to reply to a question that Shalu asked me. Suria has see n the queen too many times up close and she agrees with what I said and our information is first person not friend of friend things. :flowers:

I did also see her several times in person. Of course, she changed since 2000 (when I saw her for the first time in person) - everybody changes with the years (just look on your own photos of 2000). But for me she is still a very beautiful woman (in flesh, not only in magazine pictures!) with beautiful eyes, and she looks more regal now than before and is much more a personage than the just very pretty young girl of 1999/2000.

If you read my post you would see that I did not say she ugly woman.
I did not say that you made such a claim. Moreover I did read your post and I disagreed with it. That is allowed, as demonstrated by Veram98.

Okay...let's get back on topic which is the Current Events of Abdullah and Rania.

Queen highlights importance of consultative panel’s mission
His Majesty King Abdullah entrusted Queen Rania with overseeing and following up on the committee’s work and resulting recommendations.
During yesterday’s meeting, Queen Rania also focused on the role of teachers and the importance of their continued training.
She also emphasised the need to improve teachers’ conditions, highlighting the role ... - Article & picture

March 17, 2008

King receives Prince Mashal bin Abdul Aziz
Photo 1
Photo 2

King receives Mayor of London
Photo

King Receives US Society for Cancer Researches Delegation
Amman, March 17 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II highlighted today Jordan's keenness to boost cooperation between the medical institutions in Jordan and the US Society for Cancer Researches. Petra

Photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom