The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:21 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wonderful picture for Queen Rania With p Salma & p Hashem in laha magazine this week
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/02-2008/385People01.pdf
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/02-2008/385People02.pdf

Old 02-07-2008, 04:28 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Thank you Reeda!! Nice picture!!

Old 02-07-2008, 05:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama View Post
It just happened that last week I was surfing the Internet for airlines news and found some interesting pictures that show the level of spending that the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are struggling on a daily basis to provide the basic needs for their families.

this is only one issue.. what coverd is more and more
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 02-07-2008, 05:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Queen Rania patronizes graduation ceremony on Wednesday ,6 February 2008.

Daily News
Daily News

King visits army headuarters.

Daily News
Daily News

Limousine cars parade in Amman to mark King's Birthday.

Daily News
Daily News
Daily News

It seems that the King and Queen are very busy in recent days. They work almost every day.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Firstly, many Royals attended the Swedish King's, it was from my understanding a major gala event. How exactly were the Jordanian Royals supposed to get there? Swim?

Secondly, whilst I don't doubt the photographers themselves, how exactly are they privy to the purpose of the visits? Unless they are members of the airline crew, how could they possibly know the purpose of those flights?
Old 02-07-2008, 06:08 AM
Aristocracy

I've read many comments involving the jordanian royal family's frivilous spending and the more I read the more it disturbs me. I try to push it aside and see the good things they seem to be trying to do in their country, but after awhile its hard to ignore.

how can one, in good conscience, sleep at night knowing so many in their country are suffering while they're spending so much money on planes and clothing, gasoline and excessive foods? how can you live with yourself? I don't buy designer clothes, I never would, because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on one shirt or pair of pants when I know there are better things the money can be put towards. How could one spend $1,000 on a pair of jimmy choos when there are people in the world who have never had a pair of shoes?

Little Star, does it matter what the purpose of these trips are? no matter where they go why and how often, how does one justify the need for so many planes? what's wrong with one? or two small ones? why do they need something as big as an airbus? why two airbuses? rania has even spoken about the concern of the use of crude oil, gasoline, and burning fossil fuels, yet they own an aircraft that uses 41,000 gallons of gas? it's so hypocritical...

slowly but surely I am losing respect for these people...
Old 02-07-2008, 06:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
I've read many comments involving the jordanian royal family's frivilous spending and the more I read the more it disturbs me. I try to push it aside and see the good things they seem to be trying to do in their country, but after awhile its hard to ignore.
When you compare the Jordanian monarchy with other Middle Eastern monarchies, like the Saudi or Moroccan families, their "spending" pales into insignificance.

I'd recommend reading "House of Bush, House of Saud". There's lots of detailed information there of the vast excesses of Middle eastern royalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143
how can one, in good conscience, sleep at night knowing so many in their country are suffering while they're spending so much money on planes and clothing, gasoline and excessive foods? how can you live with yourself? I don't buy designer clothes, I never would, because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on one shirt or pair of pants when I know there are better things the money can be put towards. How could one spend $1,000 on a pair of jimmy choos when there are people in the world who have never had a pair of shoes?
You may not be aware of this, but Rania herself has said that a great deal of her clothes are free or simply loans.

Moreover her clothes are not high-end designer or couture, like other Middle Eastern Royals.

Yes, they are designer labels, but imo, there's a huge difference between a Chanel suit and a coat from Burberry or soemwhere similar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143
Little Star, does it matter what the purpose of these trips are?
Of course it matters, if these trips were as part of official agendas or duties then they could hardly be called "frivolous".
Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 AM
Courtier

There is no comparison at all between Jordan and Saudi Arabia, its a rich country unlike us.. You have to live in Jordan to observe how much we suffer coz of the prices some people through their kids in trash coz they can't feed them..
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 02-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The ruling family of Saudi Arabia is incredibly wealthy. The average Saudi citizen is not.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeda2000 View Post
Wonderful picture for Queen Rania With p Salma & p Hashem in laha magazine this week
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/02-2008/385People01.pdf
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/02-2008/385People02.pdf
Thank you reeda. The picture is beautiful .
Old 02-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoMama View Post
It just happened that last week I was surfing the Internet for airlines news and found some interesting pictures that show the level of spending that the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are struggling on a daily basis to provide the basic needs for their families.

I suspect that if the Royals of Jordan flew on cheap ballons and rode on camel back, people would still complain. I think this Jane Austen quote could be applied to the situation with some on this list as those "Who never looks at a woman except to see a blemish", in this case never looking at Royals except to see their faults. If you are always determined to see the worst in others, that's what you'll find. No one is perfect and without flaws. And last time I checked, complaining about someone behind their backs was considered a flaw. If you have a real problem with this, write a letter to the Royals. There is nothing worse than some who complains endlessly about something yet does nothing to change it.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Lets not pretend that the Jordanian royals had no private jets or made no foreign trips and Jordan had no poverty before the current King. Im sure the state of the Jordanian economy is far too complicated a subject to be dealt with here, not to mention beyond the scope of this forum.
So before this discussion leads to further speculation and slander, I'd like to remind everyone that both are against the Forums' Rules.
Having said that, this is a current news thread so lets get on with that topic.

Thank you
Jordanian Forum Moderators
Old 02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah and Prince Ali visit tomb of the late Queen Alia Al Hussein

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ews-190381.jpg
Old 02-10-2008, 03:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
King Abdullah and Prince Ali visit tomb of the late Queen Alia Al Hussein

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...ews-190381.jpg

its really nice from king Abdullah to go with Ali to visit his mother tomb, and really sad to see Ali standing in front of his mother grave without has even memories in head about her... Allah Yerhamha, she was a real queen from inside to outside..
Old 02-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Nobility

10 February 2008

King receives an invitation from Syrian President. I hope it will be a state visit.

Daily News

King arrives in Moscow. It is interesting to see King Abdullah in ushanka.

Daily News
Old 02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Heir Apparent

11th February 2008

Queen Rania at the Second Creativity Festival
http://www.petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/...News-19638.jpg
http://www.petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/...News-19637.jpg
Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 AM
Nobility

lol she has a simple rubber band in her hair!
cute !^.^
Old 02-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Driven by its commitment to humanitarian causes, Nuqul Group’s FINE Hygienic Paper Company participated in the Gaza Campaign organized by the Jordan River Foundation. The campaign was launched in cooperation with the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization to provide aid to Gaza residents.
albawaba.com middle east news information::Nuqul Group’s FINE Hygienic Paper Company Collaborates with Jordan River Foundation in its Gaza Campaign

MOSCOW, Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin held talks with Jordanian King Abdullah II in Moscow on Monday, pledging to boost economic and trade ties between the two countries, as well as cooperation on the Middle East issues.
Putin hosts Jordanian King, vows to boost ties_English_Xinhua
Old 02-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Nobility

Anyone else seen the article on Rania in this months Harper's Bazaar (English version)?
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

No, what does it say? I don't particularly like Harper's Bazaar but I will check it out.