The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Posts related to Queen Rania's participation in the WEF have been moved to the following thread:

Old 01-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Rania has written an article for the Financial Times

Injaz’s helping hands raise Arab youngsters’ potential

By Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
Published: January 24 2008 15:46 | Last updated: January 24 2008 15:46

In the UK, the median age is roughly 40 years old. In the US, it is 35. In Jordan, it is 23.5. With almost 40 per cent of Jordan’s population under the age of 15, creating employment and entrepreneurial opportunities for its youth is an urgent, constant challenge.

One innovative organisation, Injaz, is meeting this challenge head on. Injaz, which means “achievement” in Arabic, aims to inspire and prepare Jordanian youth to compete in the global economy.

In collaboration with businesses, educators, and government officials, more than 2,000 private-sector Injaz volunteers work through Jordanian schools and universities to teach young people marketable skills, from economics to entrepreneurship to ethics.

FT.com / Reports - Injaz’s helping hands raise Arab youngsters’ potential

Old 01-26-2008, 03:54 AM
Courtier

If you believe this local Austrian newspaper (sorry it's in German) the king and queen are from today on for (14) winter holidays in the noble ski resort Lech/Vorarlberg (Austria). They are staying there at Almhof Schneider.

Stars und Adelige - Vorarlberg - Aktuelle Nachrichten - Vorarlberg Online
Old 01-26-2008, 05:04 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
If you believe this local Austrian newspaper (sorry it's in German) the king and queen are from today on for (14) winter holidays in the noble ski resort Lech/Vorarlberg (Austria). They are staying there at Almhof Schneider.

Stars und Adelige - Vorarlberg - Aktuelle Nachrichten - Vorarlberg Online
I can't believe that they will stay for holiday for two weeks . The article also says that Queen Beatrix, Prince WA, Maxima, and Carline with Ernst August will be in the same hotel .
Old 01-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
The article also says that Queen Beatrix, Prince WA, Maxima, and Carline with Ernst August will be in the same hotel .
No, QBeatrix and her family will be in another hotel (according to the article): Hotel Post, and Caroline even in another Vorarlberg ski resort: in Zürs (Hotel Lorünser).
Old 01-26-2008, 09:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veram98 View Post
No, QBeatrix and her family will be in another hotel (according to the article): Hotel Post, and Caroline even in another Vorarlberg ski resort: in Zürs (Hotel Lorünser).
You're right . I only read their names and thought they will be in the same hotel .
Old 01-26-2008, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Well I've seen photos of them skiing before so I wouldn't be surprised if they'd decided to stop for a ski break. However I doubt they will be there for 14 days.....
Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Aristocracy

well if its true and their presence has been announced, we will probably see some paparazzi photos i've seen a few of QR skiing at abaca press...i guess we'll know for sure soon
Old 01-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae143 View Post
well if its true and their presence has been announced, we will probably see some paparazzi photos i've seen a few of QR skiing at abaca press...i guess we'll know for sure soon

i heared that PAli and Rym and their family are going with them
And there does not come a moment when I do not look into the sky or indeed at anything beautiful and am not reminded of him whom I loved most in life and find a joy in the knowledge that .....he is finally reunited with Her whom I loved most
Old 01-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Royal Highness

KA and QR leave in private visit (from Petra)
Old 01-27-2008, 08:34 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

If it´s true I hope see picture of their.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by suria View Post
i heared that PAli and Rym and their family are going with them
That sounds nice, hopefully we'll see a few photos of Jalilah as well!
Old 01-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Nobility

14 days is very unlikely, the king never takes that kind of time off. The article says only Hashem is with them, the other children presumably having school. So they are probably away a few days only.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Please post all your comments and greetings regarding King Abdullah and Prince Hashem's upcoming joint birthday in the following thread:
Royal Family of Jordan Birthday and Anniversary Wishes: Year 2008
Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Courtier

Queen Rania with Princess Lalla Salma of Morroco
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/01-2008/384People01.pdf

Queen Rania with Sheikh Mohammed of Dubai
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/01-2008/384People03.pdf

Queen Rania in Amman
http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/01-2008/384People04.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 01-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Courtier

Thanks for posting Joumana! Can anyone translate the pics of Prince Ali and Rym photos?
Old 02-02-2008, 04:28 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
14 days is very unlikely, the king never takes that kind of time off. The article says only Hashem is with them, the other children presumably having school. So they are probably away a few days only.
You are right. According to the Jordanian daily al-Rai’ they returned already on January 31th.
Old 02-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mahala View Post
Great videos, thanks for posting! Were very lucky to have youtube now days. lol. I see the first video was a public tour but does anyone know if she often go to those places or just stays around home. and if she does go out, without inviting the media, do people still gather around her like that alot?
Well there have been photos of them in the past just out and about in Amman. This was taken during Ramadan (2006) at a small cafe by a fellow diner,
http://sabbah.biz/mt/wp-content/uplo...llah_sohor.jpg

Plus I've read of other occasions of Rania out, eg. at an ice cream parlour in amman a few months back.
Old 02-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Aristocracy

here's a video of the king eating at that restaurant on youtube...it's amateur, not very good

Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent

King congratulates Sri Lankan President on National Day
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King congratulates Sri Lankan President on National Day