King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 25: September 14, 2007-January 10, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times has the Queen performed Hajj now? I can think of 2 other occasions.

I think that asturiana ..... can you post it please jordan ?

Last edited:
Queen Rania's Reign

The Queen of Jordan, Rania Al-Abdullah, talks about hate and prejudice in a frightened world.
By: Carin Gorrell

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan does not allow an assistant to answer her door. She opens it herself and, looking stunning in a stylish leather skirt and stilettos, greets her guests with a friendly smile. Amazed by her casual manner, I follow her into the sitting room of her hotel suite in New York City. She is here to attend, among several other noteworthy functions, the World Economic Forum, and we chat until she delivers a second shock - two page article

I just adore Rania...she is beautiful inside and out.

That article is originally from 2003.

Yes this is true. Why the repeat the article now? Also I dont think Rania was the youngest queen even when this was written. wasn't it the wife or one of the wives of the king of lesotho or somewhere like that?

I think the Lesotho king's wife was from after 2003.

Video - Index - ABC.com

There was a clip from "The View" a US television talk show with Barbara Walters showing her card from the King. The clip is titled "Christmas Cards, Part 2". There are two clips with the same title, look for the one with Barbara in a red leather jacket with white top underneath.

Something to look forward to in May.....

"The Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB), the transnational organisation whose mandate is to set prudential and supervisory standards for the global Islamic finance sector, is organising its 5th Annual Summit to be held on 13-14th May 2008 in Amman, Jordan on the theme 'Financial Globalisation and Islamic Financial Services', under the Royal Patronage of Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah."

IFSB to explore the impact of financial globalisation on Islamic financial services at Amman summit | IFSB

Just a quick question and I apologize if this was asked before. My family and I were talking today and we weren't quite sure how to pronounce 'Eid', how do you pronounce it? Thank you.

dunno if this was forgotten but i was kind of wondering too, answer anyone? :blink:

:newyear1:

Amman - King Abdullah II of Jordan and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas on Wednesday urged Israel to halt settlement activity as one of the hurdles hindering 'tangible progress' in the ongoing Palestinian-Israeli negotiations.
Jordan's king, Abbas urge Israel to stop settlement activity - Middle East

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Thursday met with Jordanian King Abdullah II in Amman to discuss progress in the political process since the regional summit in Annapolis, Maryland last November.
PM meets Jordan King on progress since Annapolis - Haaretz - Israel News

Originally Posted by GömdNatt
Just a quick question and I apologize if this was asked before. My family and I were talking today and we weren't quite sure how to pronounce 'Eid', how do you pronounce it? Thank you.

dunno if this was forgotten but i was kind of wondering too, answer anyone? :blink:

:newyear1:
That's interesting question. I read it as eed I've only heard it pronounced one time like ahd sort of like odd. Dont know if it's right though, but its how ive heard it.

Last edited:
Well we pronounce it as eed, but then I'm not sure if the Arabic pronunciation is slightly different.

According to the British paper The Telegraph, Carla Bruni accompanied Sarkozy to Jordan.

"Invited by King Abdullah II to spend the weekend at his palace in the Red Sea resort of Aqaba, Mr Sarkozy and the singer and former supermodel were flown to the Arab kingdom by royal jet."
Nicolas Sarkozy visits Jordan with Carla Bruni - Telegraph

Thank´s Dazzling It´s nice see Queen Rania after holidays.

It's good to see Rania back doing what she does best! I hope she was able to have a good rest after Hajj, it can be so exhausting, physically and mentally.

Optimiza (Al-Faris National Company) announced the successful conclusion of the largest project for integrated libraries in the Arab World within the Horizons Coalition which combines Optimiza, Arabian Advanced Systems, Dima Information Systems in Jordan and SirsiDynix. The project, which is the first and largest of its kind in the region and the result of joint effort over the past year, aims at applying the "Horizons" library management system in the ten governmental Jordanian universities............

For his part, Mr. Munir Asaad, Coordinator and Manager of the Integrated Libraries Project in Jordan, said, "One of the cornerstones HM King Abdullah II has embedded in the Kingdom's policies was paying more attention to education and the development of competencies in the cognitive fields with the ultimate aim of improving the quality of higher education and achieving "knowledge economy".
MENAFN - Middle East North Africa . Financial Network News: Optimiza concludes largest integrated libraries in Arab World

its nice to see rania close to the people without her bodyguards creating a human barricade between them, I'm surprised they let all those women get so close to her...makes her seem more human and grounded :rolleyes:

It's good to see Rania back doing what she does best! I hope she was able to have a good rest after Hajj, it can be so exhausting, physically and mentally.

So good to see Queen Rania again, I missed her. But what exactly is Hajj? Sorry for asking, I really don't know but I want to know because I believe this is the reason for what we saw no photos of her so far.:flowers:

I am not sure if this is going off topic of this particular thread but...

To those who want to know what the Hajj is, it is the Islamic pilgrimage that happens once a year, in which millions of Muslims gather in Mecca in Saudia Arabia, to go through a series of "rituals" (not sure if that is a proper word for this situation) as a demonstration of submission to God. Completion of the Hajj, results in a complete forgiveness of all of one's sins. Your proverbial "slate is wiped clean", so to speak. You can check out:

Hajj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am not saying that Queen Rania did or did not go to the Hajj, because I myself am not sure. But this is what "Hajj" is, from what I have learned.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom