Feb. 16, 2005

King Abdullah and Queen Rania Al Abdullah Receive Czech President
his Spouse
Amman/Feb.16(Petra)--- Their Majesties King Abdullah and
Queen Rania Abdullah received on Wednesday Czech President Vaclav
Klaus and his spouse, who are on a visit to Jordan
Finally a picture of Rania!
Thanx for this salma.
I've been waiting to see when she'd make her first public appearance since the birth of Prince Hashem.

Old 02-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness

AMMAN, JORDAN: Czech President Vaclav Klaus (R) and his wife (2nd L) are received by Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) and Queen Rania in Amman 16 January 2005. Klaus in on a five-day visit to Jordan and Saudi Arabia
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	94738   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	94739   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	94740   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	94741  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	94742  

Old 02-16-2005, 03:01 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma
From Petra:
Feb. 16, 2005

his Spouse

The same pic from Petra:

http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Feb/16/1556I.htm
Old 02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
From Petra:
Feb. 16, 2005

his Spouse

Q.Rania looks tired after this pregnency!her features are shooted a gan,and she get big circles!
Old 02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
Q.Rania looks tired after this pregnency!her features are shooted a gan,and she get big circles!
IMO...i do not see her that tired or more precisely, i could not tell because of the makeup.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
I agree she looks tired, she tried to hide it with make up but it didnt work

the wife of the czech president went to several different places on her own, usually QR goes with the leaders wives, I wonder how she is coping with the new baby
Old 02-18-2005, 12:45 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Queen Rania Condoles Hariri Family

Beirut, Amman, Feb. 18 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited Lebanon for a several-hour visit during which she presented condolences over the death of the former Lebanese Prime Minister Rafik Hariri.

Queen Rania expressed her sorrow and grief to the family of Hariri over the great loss of a man who served his country and nation.

Prime Minister Faisal Fayez and his wife accompanied Queen Rania in her visit and presented condolences to the family of Hariri.

//Petra//
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1a600I.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	95707   Click image for larger version

Name:	1a601I.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	129.9 KB
ID:	95708   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt.bei10102181417.lebanon_hariri_bei101.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	95709   Click image for larger version

Name:	capt.bei11002181827.lebanon_hariri_bei110.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	95710  

Old 02-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Nazik Hariri, left, wife of the slain former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, receives condolences from Queen Rania of Jordan, in Beirut, Lebanon, Friday, Feb. 18, 2005. Hariri was assassinated in a car bomb attack last Monday. (AP Photo/Dalati Nohra
Thanks Salma for posting the pics..It's nice of Rania to have gone to Lebanon to give her condolenances to Nazek Hariri:(
Old 02-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you salma. Those are such sad pictures. Just the other day I was looking at much happier pictures of Rania with both Mr. and Mrs. Hariri from last year. Its all very sad.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

More pics...

It is truly a sad event. My condolences...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	317341.jpeg
Views:	104
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	95749   Click image for larger version

Name:	317342.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	95750   Click image for larger version

Name:	317345.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	134.0 KB
ID:	95751   Click image for larger version

Name:	317347.jpeg
Views:	80
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	95752  

Name:	317349.jpeg
Views:	95
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	95753  
Old 02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Royal Highness

Wonderful pics, and gentle Queen...
Old 02-19-2005, 12:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
More pics...

It is truly a sad event. My condolences...
who is the woman sitting next to Queen Rania et Mrs Hariri
thanks
Old 02-19-2005, 12:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
who is the woman sitting next to Queen Rania et Mrs Hariri
thanks

this is Bahia Hariri, rafiq hariri's sister and the president of Hariri foundation of beneficence.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:30 AM
Royal Highness

Mr. Hariri was a great self-made man. This was truly sad and I am proud of how my country has responded to this tragedy. But I have to say like I said about GDJosefine's funeral, that this must be something for Rania cuz she could be in Mrs. Hariri's shoes. But I totally don't wish this on anyone. But at times and tragedies like these it is an opportunity for everyone to reflect on life and all that could happen and I guess to live everyday to the fullest.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

King Abdullah will visit Spain February 23th. Will be acompained to Queen Rania?http://www.finanzas.com/id.8194499/noticias/noticia.htm
Old 02-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Serene Highness

AMMAN, JORDAN: Jordan's king Abdullah II (L) greets Bahraini King Hamad bin Isssa al-Khalifa upon on his arrival to Amman 19 February 2005. King Hamad is on an official visit to Jordan where he will hold a joint summit with King Abdullah.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	69
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	96116   Click image for larger version

Views:	66
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	96117  
Old 02-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
King Abdullah will visit Spain February 23th. Will be acompained to Queen Rania?http://www.finanzas.com/id.8194499/noticias/noticia.htm

King To Depart For Madrid on Tuesday

Amman, Feb. 21(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II will visit on Tuesday Madrid at the outset of his several- day working tour that will take him to Spain, France, Britain, and Germany.
During his tour, the King will hold talks on regional developments, particularly in Palestine and Iraq as well as efforts exerted to push the peace process forward. King's talks will also touch on mechanisms of promoting relations between Jordan and these countries in all fields.

Finally Queen Rania donīt visit Spain

King Arrives in Madrid

Madrid, Feb. 22(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II arrived on Tuesday in Madrid at the outset of his several- day working tour that includes Spain, France, Britain, and Germany.

King Abdullah will hold talks with King Juan Carlos of Spain, his Prime Minister Jose Luis Zapatero, and Presidents of Parliament and Senate on recent political developments in the region, particularly in Palestine and Iraq.

Talks will also cover efforts being exerted to push the peace process forward as well as mechanisms of promoting bilateral ties in all fields.

King Abdullah is accompanied by Prime Minister Faisal Fayez, Royal Court Minister Samir Rifai, and Foreign Minister Hani Mulki.

Petra
Old 02-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Serene Highness

MADRID, SPAIN - FEBRUARY 22: King Juan Carlos of Spain (L) receives King Abdallah of Jordan at Zarzuela Palace on February 22, 2005 in Madrid, Spain.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	62
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	97218   Click image for larger version

Views:	48
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	97219   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	97220   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	97221  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	97222   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	23.1 KB
ID:	97223   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	97224   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.jpg
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	97225  

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	97226   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	97228  
Old 02-23-2005, 03:55 AM
Serene Highness

more pictures from Spain (gettyimages)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	97229   Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	97230   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	97231   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	97232  

Name:	16.jpg
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	97233  
Old 02-23-2005, 04:44 AM
Nobility

Translated from Le MONDE http://www.lemonde.fr/web/recherche_...-399085,0.html

Peaces hope to the Middle East, by the king Abdallah II Jordan
LE MONDE | 22.02.05

The last month, I went to Charm el-cheikh to attend the summit during which the Palestinian president Abbas and the prime minister Sharon promised to revive the peace process to the Middle East. Shortly after, I telephoned in order to finalize the organization of my encounter with the president Chirac, to Paris. My call shows my recognition of the role of leader of the France in the construction of a positive future for my region and for all humanity, a future a lot of peaces hope and of liberty.

To Charm el-cheikh, the world was able to observe a sincere engagement. But the history shows that the words can be only a beginning. Today and in the days to come, the peaces hopes must be made real and, for that, it will be necessary courage, compromises and a lot of works. The friends of peace have an urgent need of the support of the international community and no nation has more influence in this cause than France, of by his historic role, his equity and his deep respect towards the other nations.

The total support for peace is more than a moral obligation. The arab-israeli conflict remains the central crisis of the region, which is at the origin of immense sufferings, of destructions, and impedes the regional development. This conflict had equally an explosive general impact while helping the terrorists and the extremist ones to create cultural and religious tensions through the world. Peace is consequently a universal cause. Currently, and with the French support, it exists a "road leaf" that reflects the successful initiatives of peaces realized by the Arabic nations to the Beirut summit in 2002, initiatives approved by the members of the Quartet (Europe, Russia, the Un, the United States) and the G8 industrialized nations.

The "road leaf" brings the solution of two States, alone average of a durable peace: a sovereign, democratic Palestine and viable; security guarantees for Israel; and a process that brings to a global agreement addressing to itself the Syria and to Lebanon. The "road leaf" assures justice and the security while meeting the entire region, Morocco to the Yemen, in a cure process bringing reconciliation and hope.

We now must work together to be at the height of this promise. France has a role of leader to play in Europe and in the world, to assure itself that the peace process is resumed efficiently, as well as to support the efforts of the president Abbas and of his government to create the necessary institutions to peace, to the security and to the development. In this perspective, an important occasion will present itself to the London lecture to the month of March, that will organize the international assistance to support the Palestinian efforts in the construction of the democratic institutions and will debate equally economical public support and private necessary to bring to the Palestinians a new full future of hope. While anticipating this meeting, as well as the one of the Arabic League to Algiers, I rejoice at a narrow and continuous dialog with the president Chirac.

The Arab-Israeli peace process is not surely that a sphere of activity where our partnership is required urgency. The Jordan and France divide a common interest for the Lebanese future in the support of peace and democracy. We work also together to help the Iraq to organize the security, normalization and the reconstruction of the country. The success of the recent Iraqi elections was a forward important step, but we must encourage the participation of the Iraqi people in the compilation of the Constitution and to the elections that will take place at the end of this year.

The Jordan also is determined to support the France in its own interests. We were trusted to have played a role in the liberation of the French hostages, last year, and we still cause all this that is in our strength to do even for the French journalist currently captive withholding.

The will to stop the conflict in our region must be accompanied simultaneously engagements to create a sustainable development, while giving a luck to a peaces future for those that some currently are dispossessed.

Today, our people, especially the young ones, have a hopeless need to attain liberty, to prosperity and to the progresses of the XXIe century. To realize that, the Arabic world agrees on the necessity of a reformation: a governance revives and transparent, educational systems dedicated to the excellence, tangible advances in the human development and a private severe sector, being able to contribute to create innovation and economical growth.

The Jordan already engaged itself in this perspective; our country carried out structural changes in order to construct a democratic political life and to root the human rights and the access to all the possibilities to all the levels of the corporation. In the economy, we encouraged the innovation and the partnership with the private sector. The French investment played an important and appreciated role. The Jordan had the honor to be the first country of the Machrek to sign an association agreement with the European Union, and we work in narrow collaboration with France and of other European countries through the Barcelona process.

The vision of my country the one of a corporation opened and modern based on the authentic Arab-Islamic values: peace, dignity equals for all, the reign of the law and the pursuit of the excellence. We strongly believe in the tolerance and to the respect of the others. In November 2004, the Jordan delivered the Amman message for all the Muslims and for others through the world, asserting the true Islam; the one of peace, moderation and progress.

We believe that the local model of the Jordan is pertinent for the entire region, in the creation of the development, in the fight against extremism, and to bring a new hope.

The initiative "Vision 2010 of the Arabic world", that will be launched to the economical international Forum of the Dead sea, in Jordan, in May, will welcome bosses of private businesses and civil corporation of Arabic everyone in order to organize a regional effective action plan.

We are recognizant to the France to have taken a strong position in the respect of the own reformation process of our region and encouraged his support. The president Chirac equally played a role of important leader while approaching the question of the inadequate financing of the development. Of such efforts favour the placement some places of an international framework regarding to increase the financing of the development for the countries showing a strong will to progress and motivated by a positive change.

I am to trust to take part in the continuous dialog between France and the Jordan. Since the era of His Majesty the fire king Hussein, we established a strong partnership, that continues today, based on interests and a basis of common ideals. These days, a bigger liberty and a bigger security are more within reach of humanity. I am persuaded that while working together can pass us promise to the action.

By the king Abdallah II of Jordan

Abdallah II is Jordan king since February 1999

Closed Thread