King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 2: September 2004-March 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, Humera, I like seeing her in colorful outfits. The black outfits were getting boring. She's so stylish normally, I'm surprised she doesn't wear the stylish maternity wear which is available.

I also think she looks more beautiful pregnant because she has put on a little weight, filling out some of the hollows in her face and body. She was too thin before IMO.

AMMAN, JORDAN, 25 October 2004 - The Jordanian National Plan of Action (NPA) for Children was launched by His Majesty King Abdullah II and Her Majesty Queen Rania at noon today at Le Meridian Hotel, Amman.

The plan provides Jordan with a ten year blue print for children’s health, education, protection, media, and monitoring. It builds on the achievements of Jordan’s previous NPA and the “World Fit for Children” declaration. The declaration, signed by 190 States including the Jordanian Kingdom in 2002 at the United Nations Special Session on Children, provides set goals and a framework for children and young people.

Jordan’s NPA for Children is also based on the reknowed Arab Plan of Action for Children which was endorsed at the Third Arab Congress on Child's Rights in Tunisia this year.

The Jordanian NPA for Children has been developed by more than 200 experts working for and with children in the country. For over a year now, ministries, non-governmental organisations, and the private sector have worked on drafting, reviewing, discussing, and agreeing on the final NPA. The process was spearheaded by the National Council for Family Affairs, the Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation, and the UNICEF.

Jordan’s NPA is in line with the commitments the Kingdom made to the national strategy and plan of action for Early Childhood and Development , the child labour strategy, the draft youth strategy and recommendations of the study on disadvantaged children.

The Jordanian NPA for Children is about a commitment for all to work together for a Jordan “fit for children.”

Attachments

• NPA-launch.jpg
    NPA-launch.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,146
  • hnews1_26_10.jpg
    hnews1_26_10.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 426
I wonder why is she wearing that much black, before she's known for her slim figure and everything, sometimes I get the feeling that she's ashamed of her changing figure, or she's hidind something...I know that doesn't make sense...

I know what you mean amina1. But no amount of black is going to hide that belly.
A lot of women like showing off their pretty pregnant figure. Look at Gwyneth PaTRFow, she had a total boyish figure before and now she's got breasts thanks to her baby, she's always wearing something that exposes her cleavage. Thats just an example though. Rania's situation is totally different, I think she has to dress more conservatively.

Her Majesty Queen Rania greets guests at an iftar banquet she hosted on Monday at the Royal Hashemite Court. Attending the iftar were representatives of local and regional civic community organisations; members of youth, women's and family affairs institutions; as well as journalists, writers, spouses of members of Parliament, senior officials and other dignitaries (Photo by Nasser Ayoub)

Attachments

• hnews4_26_10.jpg
    hnews4_26_10.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 262
other pic of King, Queen Jordan with the president of Egipt

Attachments

• capt.sge.uyv33.251004182855.photo00.photo.default-265x380.jpe
    capt.sge.uyv33.251004182855.photo00.photo.default-265x380.jpe
    39 KB · Views: 332
king and queen visit guest home for the eldery

king and queen visit guest home for the eldery

Attachments

• eldery1.jpg
    eldery1.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 274
  • eldery2.jpg
    eldery2.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 389
  • eldery3.jpg
    eldery3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 173
  • eldery4.jpg
    eldery4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 304
  • eldery5.jpg
    eldery5.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 241
  • eldery6.jpg
    eldery6.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 168
King returns home after brief visit to Kuwait
Amman/ Oct. 25/ (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II
returned home Monday following a brief visit to Kuwait during which
he held talks with Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmed Al Sabah on
ways to further cement bilateral relations in all fields.
The two leaders affirmed their keenness to strengthen
bilateral cooperation particularly in economic and investment areas.
They also discussed means of activating the role of the joint
Jordanian-Kuwaiti Community in preparation for the committee's
upcoming meeting in Amman early next year.
The talks held over an iftar banquet hosted by Emir of
Kuwait, touched upon the general situation in the region and
development of events on Palestinian and Iraqi scenes.
King Abdullah affirmed that Israel's withdrawal from Gaza
should prepare for a full and complete withdrawal from the
Palestinian territories according to international legitimacy and
honest implementation of the Road Map that leads to the establishment

of a viable Palestinian state.
On the situation in Iraq, King Abdullah reiterated Jordan's
full to all efforts designed to promote stability and security in
Iraq. The King also welcomed the convening of a conference in Sharm
Sheikh on Iraq's reconstruction process.
The talks were attended by senior Kuwaiti officials and the
delegation accompanying King Abdullah.
Injadat/ Petra

Attachments

• in quait.jpg
    in quait.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 235
  • in quait2.jpg
    in quait2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 230
King Visits Zarqa Governmental Hospital

King Visits Zarqa Governmental Hospital
Al Zarqa, Oct. 28 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II visited
Thursday the Zarqa Governmental Hospital where the King donated 112
donums to build a new and developed hospital with a view to serve
citizens of Zarqa.

King Abdullah issued directives to improve medical and treatment
services and build the new hospital as soon as possible.

The King visited the patient in the hospital and wished them
speedy recovery and ordered to develop the ICU and supply the
hospital with the needed beds and medical equipments.

His Majesty, accompanied by King's Private Advisor Yousef
Dalabeeh, Minister of the Royal Court Samir Rifai and Minister of
Health Saeed Darwazeh visited the emergency department and looked
into the services presented to the patients and called to find
scientific ways to get rid of the medical wastes.

King also ordered to maintain the hospital's elevators and toured
the different departments of the hospital.

Attachments

• 2613I.jpg
    2613I.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 2615I.jpg
    2615I.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 2614I.jpg
    2614I.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 179
  • 2612I.jpg
    2612I.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 139
  • 2611I.jpg
    2611I.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 188
  • 2610I.jpg
    2610I.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 157
King Attends Part of the Government Retreat

King Attends Part of the Government Retreat

Amman, Oct. 28 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II attended
Thursday at the Prime Ministry part of the government retreat in
which the government will discuss plans and future programs of the
ministries.

The King said, during the session which was attended by Minister
of the Royal Court Samir Rifai, that we look forward that the
government give high priority for programs and projects which
contribute to improving the living standards of the Jordanian
citizens.

King Abdullah affirmed the necessity of the participation
of all Jordanian in the development and modernizing process with a
view to achieve development and fight poverty and unemployment.

On his part, Prime Minister Faisal Fayez outlined the government
priorities during the coming phase which will focus on developing
human resources, investment, tourism, poverty alleviation, health,
culture, media, developing the judiciary system and reforming the
public sector.

The government will continue its retreat during the next two days
in the Dead Sea.

Attachments

• 2624I.jpg
    2624I.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 2626I.jpg
    2626I.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 228
October 31, 2004, King hosts Iftar banquet

Attachments

• 2674I.jpg
    2674I.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 2675I.jpg
    2675I.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 178
  • 2676I.jpg
    2676I.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 237
Jordan's King Abdullah II, left, shakes hands with Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, right, at the Royal Palace in Amman, Jordan, Tuesday Nov. 2, 2004. Allawi arrived in Jordan on Monday for talks on closer economic and political cooperation between the Mideast neighbors

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 203
KA patronize celebration for the islamic culture association

جلالة الملك عبدالله الثاني يرعى احتفال جمعية الثقافة الاسلامية بعيدها الستين

عمان/2 تشرين الثاني/بترا/ رعى جلالة الملك عبدالله الثاني بعد ظهر
اليوم احتفال جمعية الثقافة الاسلامية الجمعية الام التي انشأت مدارس
الكلية العلمية الاسلامية في عمان بمناسبة مرور ستين عاما على انشائها.
وكرم جلالته عشرين مؤسسا ورئيس مجلس ادارة للجمعية كما تلقى
هدية الجمعية التي قدمها اليه رئيس مجلس الادارة الدكتور احمد ابو قورة.
واستذكر الدكتور ابو قورة في كلمته امام جلالة الملك قصة انشاء جمعية
الثقافة الاسلامية عام 1944 عندما تداعى نفر من اهل الخير للتبرع
لتاسيس الجمعية بهدف مستقبلي وهو انشاء الكلية العلمية الاسلامية وهو
الهدف الذي تحقق بعدها بثلاث سنوات ..مشيرا الى ان احد هؤلاء تبرع بكامل
ما يملك لهذا الهدف.
واكد ابو قورة على العلاقة الوطيدة بين الكلية والهاشميين..فالكلية
افتتحت برعاية المغفور له جلالة الملك عبدالله الاول.
وكان جلالة المغفور له الملك الحسين على راس اول فوج من الطلاب في
الكلية عام 1947، وكذلك كان جلالة الملك عبدالله الثاني الذي انتسب الى
روضة الكلية عام 1967.

Attachments

• ka islam1.jpg
    ka islam1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 203
  • ka islam2.jpg
    ka islam2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 188
  • ka islam3.jpg
    ka islam3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 217
جلالة الملك عبدالله الثاني يزور وزارة ال&#1575

جلالة الملك عبدالله الثاني يزور وزارة الاوقاف

Attachments

• ka awqaf1.jpg
    ka awqaf1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 180
  • ka awqaf2.jpg
    ka awqaf2.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 166
King Takes part in the Funeral of Sheik Zayed

Abu Dhabi/Nov.3(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, who is in the United Arab Emirates to participate with Arab, Islamic and world leaders the funeral of Sheik Zayed, expressed his deep sorrow and sadness over the passing away of Sheik Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan the president of the United Arab Emirates.
"Sheik Zayed's death is a big loss for Jordan and Islamic nation as well as to United Arab Emirates, King Abdullah alluded noting that by his departure Jordan lost a dear father and brother, who will remain in our minds and hearts".His Majesty King Abdullah II declared a 40-day period of
mourning at the Royal Court.
His Majesty was accompanied by Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein, Prince Ghazi Bin Mohammad the King's Private Envoy and King's Private Advisor, Prime Minister Faisal Fayez, Senate President Zeid Al Rifai, Lower House Speaker Abdul Hadi Majali, King's Private Advisor Yousef Dalabeeh, Minister of Royal Court Samir Al Rifai King's Advisor for Islamic Affairs Chief Justice Izzedin Khateeb and
Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs Ahmad Haliyal.

Attachments

• ka zayed.jpg
    ka zayed.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 172
  • ka zayed1.jpg
    ka zayed1.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,444
  • ka zayed2.jpg
    ka zayed2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 792
  • ka zayed3.jpg
    ka zayed3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,397
  • ka zayed4.jpg
    ka zayed4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 169
  • ka zayed5.jpg
    ka zayed5.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 796
  • ka zayed6.jpg
    ka zayed6.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 167
1. Muslim leaders and officials pray over the body of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahayan during his funeral at Abu Dhabi's Sultan bin Zayed Mosque 03 November 2004. Nahayan, the president and founding father of the United Arab Emirates, died 02 November 2004 after more than 30 years at the helm of his oil-rich country. Seen in the second row from L to R: Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf, Algeria's Abdelaziz Bouteflika, Afghanistan's Hamid Karzai, Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed, the eldest son of the late Emirati president, Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Abullah bin Abdul Aziz, Bahraini King Hamad bin Issa al-Khalifa, Yemeni President Ali Abdullah Saleh, Saudi Interior Minister Nayef bin Abdul Aziz and King Abdullah II of Jordan.

2. Dubai's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktum (R) shaking hands with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad while Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) looks on as Emirati official receive condolences 04 November 2004 in Abu Dhabi over the death of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan al-Nahayan, who died two days ago.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 210
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 236
Oh My God I Feel So Bad For Them I Really Loved Shiek Zaied He Was So Loved By His Countrymen...may He Rest In Peace.
By The Way Why Wasn't Ali There ,jrf Are So Close Friends With Them...he Should've Been There!!

mahawi said:
Oh My God I Feel So Bad For Them I Really Loved Shiek Zaied He Was So Loved By His Countrymen...may He Rest In Peace.
By The Way Why Wasn't Ali There ,jrf Are So Close Friends With Them...he Should've Been There!!
prince Ali did not go to the funeral , I think. He was in the Royal Iftar for the southern Area.

Last edited:
what do u all think?

i have a question for u guys...don't u think that queen rania looks a bit pale these days, i remember when she was pregnant with salma ...she looked so fresh and happy and wore bright colors ...but now she is contently wearing dark colors and usually trousers ....except for few times like ali's wedding ...but this is how i'm seeing her lately ..she just don't look as happy as she looked when she was pregnant with salma...what do u all think?

Rania's been looking paler than usual since her first public appearance after her pregnancy, Im sure its due to the fact that she's not travelling much at all and sitting at home away from the sun most of the time. I really dont think we can judge whether she's happy or not just by looking at her pictures. She's wearing a lot of black to appear more conservative, she wears sombre colours anyway. Plus it cant be easy for her to carry out her few official duties right now without any discomfort, especially during Ramadan, which is a pretty busy time for the royals. They visit dozens of orphanages, hospitals etc every week.

MECCA, SAUDI ARABIA: Jordan's King Abdullah II meets 06 November 2004 with Saudi King Fahd bin Abdel Aziz (R) in Mecca. The talks focused on ways to further cement bilateral ties and on latest developments in the region, the official Petra agency said.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 161
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 156
A picture provided by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA) shows Jordan's King Abdullah II (C) and Prince Ali (L) arriving 06 November 2004 in Jeddah before heading to Mecca to perform the minor umra pilgrimage and to hold talks with Saudi officials. King Abdullah will have "talks with King Fahd and Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz on latest regional developments and bilateral relations," the official Petra agency said.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 153
Ramadan break fast

Attachments

• ka armi.jpg
    ka armi.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 156
  • ka armi2.jpg
    ka armi2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 174
King's remarks in the News Xchange 2004

Amman, Nov. 18 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II said that we are energizing our economy, achieving structural reform and working for stable, democratic political life, pointing that the lasting peace is deep change and deep change does not come overnight.
King Abdullah's remarks came in a speech at the News Xchange 2004 conference, which is being held in the Bulgarian city of Algarve. The conference is one of the most important media conferences in the world, in which more than 500 of world's top
broadcast professionals take part.

The King reiterated that laws have been drafted to liberalize the media sector in Jordan and to open the public airwaves to private TV and radio stations.

King Abdullah affirmed that Islam is a religion of peace, rooted in core values of tolerance and respect for others, adding that the vast majority of today's Muslims expect themselves to be full partners in our 21st century, on the basis of peace and shared respect.

Regarding the role which the Arab media plays in the success of the regional reform and peace, His Majesty warned that extremisms don't seek dialogue but they seek platforms and exposure and that responsible journalists deny it to them.

As for Iraq, His Majesty reiterated that there be a rebuilt, violence-free, democratic and sovereign Iraq is urgent for not only the region but also the whole world.

Regarding the Arab-Israeli conflict King Abdullah affirmed that this conflict untold suffering to the parties and held back the regional development, noting to the commitment of the Arab countries to a balanced and lasting solution based on a two-state solution.

Following is the full text of the King's speech

King's Remarks............1st LD

Thank you all, It's a pleasure to join the world's topbroadcast news professionals. I've had the privilege of being interviewed by more than a few of you. And my country has been honored to host many of you and your colleagues during the last few
years. I'm grateful for your hospitality today.

I understand that my time with you this morning is listed on your agenda as a keynote address. But I've learned enough from my friends in the broadcasting world to know that you don't want to sit for 20 minutes looking at talking head. So, if I may, I'd like to make just few remarks, and then I hope we can have some interaction
back and forth.

First, let me say that every one of you is part of an extraordinary enterprise, an international dialogue of tremendous scope and power. Through your work, the people of the world had unprecedented access to information and ideas. And your viewers want to share in that larger world. To benefit from modern knowledge and
opportunity. And more, to share in the benefits of justice and peace.

So how does our world expand its promise, to those who are left out? I've suggested before that we face a great choice in this century. In one direction is a world of freedom and openness- a human community based on respect for others and growing opportunity.
The other direction is the way of the extremists, toward a world of violence and division.

I believe in progressive chance. And I believe that for this to happen, we need thoughtful journalists and credible sources of news more than ever. Today, the camera lens is the eye, not of the cameraman, but of millions of viewers watching over his or her shoulder. And we count on the global media to keep the focus clear.
The challenge is, to see beyond the surface. To avoid distortion.
And to translate, not only between languages, but between cultures and communities- especially, today, Muslims and non-Muslims worlds.
Only a few years ago, such dialogue was rarely discussed.
Today building bridges is a major issue. We human beings have an
urgent need to understand each other better, to speak to each other
more responsibly, to avoid easy categories and avoid inflamatory
rhetoric.

King's Remarks...............2nd LD

In the past few years, I 've talked often about Islam as a religion of peace, rooted in core values of tolerance and respect for others. Islam's historic dynamism made my region a pioneer in civic development and scholarship- and by the way, paved the way for Western development as well. I've tried to express what the vast majority of today's Muslims expect themselves to be: full partners in our 21st century, on the basis of peace and shared respect.

Speaking out on these issues is my responsibility, not only personally, but as a citizen of the Arab Islamic world. And there are millions more who share my belief in the values and the future of our region. Jordan has led the way, with structural reforms. We
are energizing our economy. We are working for stable, democratic political life.
And we have put significant emphasis on human rights. A new Human Rights Center has been established to act as an ombudsman. In the area of the media, we are enacting laws to restructure state media organizations, and disengage the government from direct control. Laws has been drafted to liberalize the sector and to open
the public airwaves to private TV and radio stations. And we abolished the Ministry of Information.

We know there is work ahead. Lasting change is deep change, and deep change does not come overnight. But Jordan has made its choice, for progressive reform, optimism, and peace. And many throughout the region agree.

Let me say, I am delighted that News Xchange 2004 is highlighting the role of the Arab broadcast media. The Arab media has an important role if regional reform and peace are to succeed.
Dispassionate, knowledgeable reporting, fairness, credibility-these are all essential to constructive public dialogue. Extremists don't seek dialogue, they seek platforms and exposure. Responsible journalists deny it to them, just as they deny the hatred and
violence terrorists incite.

I cannot talk about our region without discussion the subject of peace. I know you're all closely following events in Iraq. It is urgent for the whole region, the whole world, that there be a rebuilt, violence-free, democratic and sovereign Iraq.

King's Remarks................3rd LD

The Arab Israeli peace process is also critical. This conflict is the central challenge of our day - not just in the region but around the world. It has brought untold suffering to the parties. It has held back regional development. And it is causing worldwide collateral damage - including extremist violence and a serious loss of faith in international justice.

In 2002, the Arab countries committed themselves to a balanced and lasting solution. It was a milestone proposal: Real security for Israel to live in peace with its neighbors. A sovereign, viable, democratic and contiguous Palestinian state. And a process that leads to a comprehensive settlement, based on a two-state solution, addressing the Syrian and Lebanese tracks.

The parties agreed to the goals. The G-8 supported them. Now it's time for some hard, focused work to make it happen. At Yasir Arafat's funeral, world leaders came together with a new sense of urgency about fulfilling the dream of an independent Palestine and
peace. I have urged the international community, especially the United States, to take the lead in moving the parties forward. Now, I urge you, as news professionals, to help the world's leaders keep their eyes on the prize. Ordinary people on both sides, Israelis and Palestinians alike, are crying out for peace.

Listen to them. Listen to their hopes. Help them speak louder than tanks and bombs.

Let me close by joining you in paying tribute to a special group of your peers- the reporters and cameramen and translators and others who have been killed doing their job. Many broadcast professionals have gone into danger to get the news in conflict
zones and areas of crisis. Some have taken these risks to cross divides, to make sure they are hearing the whole story.

I Know this conference is going to be looking closely at safety issues, and the welfare of journalists and their families. To me, the greatest honor I can pay them, and all of you, is to continue the work for peace. I believe we will succeed.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Al Awadi Praises Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Efforts

Al Awadi Praises Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah's Efforts

Manama/ Nov.27(Petra)-- The Higher Council of Bahraini Women
Secretary General Lulwa Al-Awadi praised Hr Majesty Queen Rania Al
Abdullah's exerting efforts which came within her persisting efforts
to contact all segments of Jordanian society related to women and
children affairs.
"Jordan witnesses active women movement
and women in Jordan became a true partner for man that becomes clear
through her participations in the advanced political position in
Jordan through General Federation for Jordanian Women(GFJW), Awadi
told reporters on the occasion of the conclusion of first session
of the Higher Council of Bahraini Women chaired by Sheikh Sbika Bint
Ibrahim adding that the Higher Council of Bahraini Women looks
forward to further cooperation with Jordanian women corporations to
benefit of their experiences.

Queen Rania inaugurates the Country's First Intel Computer Clubhouse

AMMAN/Nov.29(Petra) - Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah on Monday inaugurated the country's first Intel Computer Clubhouse - an after-school program set up to provide community-based technology-learning programs, enabling youth in underserved areas to acquire the tools necessary for personal and professional success.

Established in partnership with the Intel Corporation, the International Youth Foundation (IYF), the Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development (JOHUD) and the Museum of Science-Boston, the Intel Computer Clubhouse, set up at Queen Zein Al Sharaf Institute for Development in Hashmi Al Shamali, will serve young people aged 10-18 providing them with access to high-tech equipment,
professional software and volunteer mentors to help them develop the self-confidence and enthusiasm for learning they need to be successful in the future.
Queen Rania commended the establishment of the Computer Clubhouse, highlighting the importance of such facilities and the resource they constitute for Jordan's future generation.

"Thanks to the dynamic and proactive combination of the International Youth Foundation and the Intel Corporation, we now have a state-of-the-art computer clubhouse for Jordan's youth. Enabling and encouraging our young generations to access the vast opportunities in the world of information technology is one of the greatest gifts we can give them," Queen Rania said.

Queen Rania, who serves on the IYF Board, toured the clubhouse and discussed with students the opportunities it provides and the skills they learn through the facility which has been provided with state-of-the-art equipment. Based on the Computer Clubhouse learning model created by the Museum of Science, and the MIT Media Laboratory in 1993, the Intel Computer Clubhouse in Jordan is part of a network of more than 90 Clubhouses worldwide.

The philosophy of the Intel Computer Clubhouse is based on providing a supportive learning environment where youth build skills and self-confidence, as well as a future, working together with adult mentors who provide inspiration and serve as role models.
Mrs. Farah Daghistani, Executive Director of JOHUD, described the launch of the Intel Computer Clubhouse as "a milestone and an extraordinary opportunity for the young people of Jordan."

"We take pride in what has been achieved and the commitment of everyone to provide y0uth a place to interact with one another, have an outlet for their creativity and gain valuable insight as to their own worth and future prospects," she added.
In his remarks, IYF President and CEO David Hornbeck thanked the partners in the project and underlined the IYF's appreciation for Queen Rania's leadership in ensuring young people in Jordan have greater access to educational opportunities,
especially around information and communications technology.

"We have benefited greatly from her wisdom and passion that she brings to the critical issues facing youth today. Queen Rania has made "closing the hope gap" an underlying goal of her efforts here and around the world - a mission I heartily endorse," Hornbeck told attendees. Queen Rania inaugurates Kingdom's first Intel Computer Clubhouse

Queen Rania meets officials from Intel Corporation, International Youth Foundation and Boston Museum

Amman/ Nov. 29/ (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Monday met President of the International Youth Foundation (IYF) David Hornbeck, Vice President and General Manager of the Intel Corporation, Europe, the Middle East and Africa Christian Morales and Regional Coordinator of the Museum of Science-Boston Ms. Ingeborg Endter. The meeting, held in presence of Executive Director of the Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development(JOHUD) Mrs. Farah Daghistane, comes as part of Queen Rania's efforts to enhance partnership between international organizations and similar organizations in Jordan.

Talks during the meeting focused on ways to benefit from technology expertise of international organizations for the development of local community in Jordan and to help equip the youth sector with necessary high tech with a view to benefit from their
potential and creative skills.

Earlier on the day, Queen Rania inaugurated the country's first Intel Computer Clubhouse- an after-school program set up to provide community-based technology-learning programs, enabling youth in underserved areas to acquire the tools necessary for personal and professional success.

The Clubhouse is established in partnership with Intel Corporation, the IYF, JOHUD and the Boston Museum. Located at Queen Zein Al Sharaf Institute for Development, the Clubhouse will serve young people aged 10-18 providing them with access to high-tech equipment, professional software and volunteer mentors to help them develop the self-confidence and enthusiasm for learning they need to
be successful in the future. Injadat/ Petra

pdas1201 said:
Queen Rania meets officials from Intel Corporation, International Youth
Foundation and Boston Museum
Amman/ Nov. 29/ (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Monday
met President of the International Youth Foundation (IYF) David
Hornbeck, Vice President and General Manager of the Intel
Corporation, Europe, the Middle East and Africa Christian Morales
and Regional Coordinator of the Museum of Science-Boston Ms.
Ingeborg Endter.

Rania looks beautiful in those pictures, absolutely radiant. I love her hair. She's been wearing gorgeous coats lately.

That means that Farah Daghestani still live in jordan and not in saudi after her marriage!

pdas1201 said:
The meeting, held in presence of Executive Director of
the Jordanian Hashemite Fund for Human Development(JOHUD) Mrs.
Farah Daghistane, comes as part of Queen Rania's efforts to enhance
partnership between international organizations and similar
organizations in Jordan.

queen rania in the celebration of the 25 anniversary of the royal society of arts. Princess Dr. Wijdan Ali heads the society. within 550 person many princes attended in addition to the prime miniters , ministers, senators and representatives.

some pics from the opening of the computer clubhouse

GETTY IMAGES

Attachments

• 51805064.jpg
    51805064.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 193
  • 51805077.jpg
    51805077.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 51805078.jpg
    51805078.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 168
  • 51805079.jpg
    51805079.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 51805080.jpg
    51805080.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 195
  • 51805084.jpg
    51805084.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 180
  • R013-5736.jpg
    R013-5736.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 175
  • R013-5739.jpg
    R013-5739.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 185
  • R013-5741.jpg
    R013-5741.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Polfoto 29-11-2004 In this photo released by the Jordanian Royal Palace, King Abdullah II of Jordan, left, receive interim Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, right, in Amman, Jordan, on Monday, Nov. 29, 2004. Mahmoud Abbas led the delegation for talks in Amman on ways to revive Mideast peace efforts.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 165
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom