The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

wow, yeah, her stomach does look a little poochy, but it could also just be how she's sitting.

Old 12-12-2003, 08:20 PM
Courtier

it has to do more with her shirt...its stretchy so it fits really tightly...

i wonder how the people (especially the "village people") feel about her when she shows up in that sort of clothing considering all the other people are dressed pretty modestly...

you know, while there is not any specific injunction in the Quran calling for headcovering, there is a commandment of modesty...i wish she toned it down a bit...but to each his/her own...

Old 12-13-2003, 06:17 PM
Commoner

She is by far my favorite royal. She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.
Old 12-13-2003, 07:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by mari0915@Dec 13th, 2003 - 2:17 pm
She is beautiful, elegant and stylish. She and KA seem so in love and I love the fact the he respects her and seems to treat her like an equal. I think she is a shining example of a modern arab woman.
I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.
Old 12-15-2003, 05:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I agree completely. Maybe KH recognized her potential value as queen when he picked his son KA to be the next king.

I also can't understand how some would say they can tell from pictures how much she spends on jewelry. That's nonsense. I don't know of a single jewelry appraiser who would attempt to do his job through pictures alone.
Indeed! I think that she really makes a good example to all of us Arab women, in the Middle East and abroad. :flower:

About the jewelry. I'm sure that she receives a lot of jewelery as gifts from other royals and such. I read somewhere that the Saudis gave Queen Noor some jewelry for certain occasions. I'm sure that they've done the same for Queen Rania and that they aren't the only ones who choose jewelry to give her as gifts. So it would be very hard to tell how much she spends on jewelry.
Old 12-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Heir Apparent

I think if you love somebody, looks don't matter at all. And who is to say what looks 'match' and what looks 'clash'? And I personally don't find Abdullah to be all that unattractive. And from interviews I've seen him in and read stories about him, he seems to have a very fair and pleasant disposition, qualities which I think most people would find attractive beyond a superficial context.

And when Abdullah and Rania were married, he was not supposed to succeed his father as King. It was a 'last minute' change by the late King Hussein to make his son rather than his brother the King.
Old 12-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Gentry

I doubt she went Prince/King chasing. She seems to have had a decent education/career before marrying.
HM King Abdullah may not be the most handsome man in that family, but he has kind eyes and a very nice smile and he is an attractive man.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:03 PM
Commoner

Please look at the pics of King Abdullah ten years ago(1993-..) does he look bad on the pics ? NO , in ten years he has changed,he is bigger now,but not ugly ! .I can understand that Rania fell in love with him :)
Old 01-06-2004, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Some New pictures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania from Petra.

Petra 1

Petra 2

Petra 3

Petra 4
Old 01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
Nobility

Hello magazine: queen rania in bam, iran talking to earth quake victims. dressed to islamic standards. her plane was accompanied by a military plane full with food.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
"AFP) - Jordan's Queen Rania arrived in quake-struck Bam, delivering another consignment of relief aid and urging a long-term international commitment to this devastated city in southeast Iran.
"We try to help our brothers in Iran as much as we can," the queen told reporters as she toured a Jordanian army field hospital in Bam, struck by a massive quake on December 26 that killed up to 35,000 people.

"This human crisis does not recognise politics or boundaries. There has been great devastation, and when I talk to people I hear of how they have lost a great number of their relatives."
Dressed in a long, light beige coat and wearing a pale-blue shawl over her head, in keeping with the rules of the Islamic republic, the queen spent time speaking to quake survivors who have been treated by the Jordanian team here.

Mohammad Trawaneh, a colonel and doctor in Jordan's armed forces, said his team has so far treated 4,000 survivors. But the queen said donors needed to keep up the momentum of what has been a massive international relief effort.
"There should be a long-term presence to rebuild the lives and homes of these people," she said. "Inshallah (God willing), there should be a long-term presence of NGOs".

The queen was also lined up to see the remains of the ancient citadel of Bam -- considered one of the architectural jewels of world heritage -- that was wrecked in the quake, which measured a massive 6.7 on the Richter scale.
A C-130 Jordanian armed forces plane accompanied the queen's flight to Bam, transporting 20 tonnes of relief aid including medical supplies, tents, blankets and heaters for the tens of thousands of people left homeless.

The consignment was the fifth to be sent from Jordan.

Scheduled to head home Wednesday was a rescue team from the Jordanian civil defence service. Team leader Major Monzer Mohammad said his crew had only managed to recover eight dead bodies.

According to latest figures from the United Nations, around 30,000 people were killed and a further 30,000 injured in the quake.

With some 85 percent of buildings destroyed, 45,000 people have been left homeless, a figure expected to rise to 75,000 when affected people return from stays with family outside Bam or from medical treatment in other towns.

On Thursday, the United Nations is scheduled to launch a multi-million-dollar flash appeal to help fund reconstruction and relief efforts in Bam.

The UN's Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs said donor countries had already pledged 74.8 million dollars (59 million euros) in cash and kind, but has not yet specified how much would be sought in the new appeal.

Iran remained on high alert for more quakes Wednesday, with authorities in the southwestern province of Khuzestan deciding to shut schools until further notice after a series of 14 tremors shook the area in the space of just 24 hours.

An education official in the oil and gas centre of Masjed Soleiman, Behrouz Farhadian, told the state news agency IRNA that the measure was taken "to ease the worries of local families".

According to the Geophysics Institute at Tehran University, a series of 14 quakes measuring between 2.7 and 4.9 on the Richter scale hit the area of Masjed Soleiman and the nearby town of Izeh -- 450 kilometres (280 miles) southwest of Tehran in Khuzestan province -- on Tuesday.

The institute said that another quake measuring 4.6 on the Richter scale -- enough to make homes wobble -- jolted the area early Wednesday at 7:48 am (0418 GMT).

A number of villages reportedly suffered damage on Tuesday, but there have been no immediate reports of casualties."
Old 01-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Nobility

Queen Rania visits victims of the Bam earthquake in Iran

From Getty:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2849297.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	92099   Click image for larger version

Name:	2849318.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	92100   Click image for larger version

Name:	2849516.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	92101   Click image for larger version

Name:	2854768.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	92103  

Name:	2849291.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	92104  
Old 01-09-2004, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

1. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania with Iranian Presidential Advisor Shayesteh Amiri and Prince Rashed bin Al Hassan, president of the Jordan Hashemite Charity Organization, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  2. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  3. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  4. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania at the Federation of the Red Cross and Crescent Hospitals, touring the devastated city of Bam. Jordan was among the first group of countries that rushed to aid the quake stricken area.
  5. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania talking to survivors at the Jordanian Field Hospital after the earthquake in Bam, Iran.
  6. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania talking to survivors at the Jordanian Field Hospital after the earthquake in Bam, Iran
  7. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Iranian Presidential Advisor Shayesteh Amiri thanking Jordanian efforts as she sees off Queen Rania at Bam airport.
  8. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.
  9. IBL - 7 January 2004 - Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Majesty

Queen Rania visiting the city of Bam in Iran after the earthquake.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2854700.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	35230   Click image for larger version

Name:	2854781.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	35231  
Old 01-15-2004, 08:32 PM
Commoner

January 15, 2004 - Arbour day
new photos of the King and Queen from Petra
Old 01-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Most attractive women of 2003

8th – Queen Rania of Jordan (2.8%)

King Abdullah's elegant wife continues to work tirelessly for children's welfare, both at home in Jordan and internationally

I love this picture :flower:
Attached Images

Old 01-17-2004, 01:00 AM
Humble

American Station VH1 in its program: Wealthiest people in 2003 talked about a hotel where a night there costs $ 30000 & added that Queen Rania was in that hotel...So imagine $30000/night....don't know how much she stayed...
Old 01-17-2004, 01:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@Jan 17th, 2004 - 12:00 am
American Station VH1 in its program: Wealthiest people in 2003 talked about a hotel where a night there costs $ 30000 & added that Queen Rania was in that hotel...So imagine $30000/night....don't know how much she stayed...
What would you get for $30,000 a night?! The room service must be super fresh and the pillows extra fluffy!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:12 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by Humble@Jan 17th, 2004 - 12:00 am
that is a bit of a ridiculous price for one night, i wonder what hotel it is ...
Old 01-18-2004, 09:58 PM
Majesty

Rania Says Development Demands Citizens’ Informed Engagement

Maha Akeel, Arab News

JEDDAH, 19 January 2004 — Jordan’s Queen Rania yesterday highlighted the private sector’s social responsibility in promoting growth and prosperity.

She was speaking on the link between a conscientious private sector and prosperity on Day 2 of the Jeddah Economic Forum.

In her afternoon keynote address, Queen Rania pointed out that at the beginning of this century, much of the region was struggling with outdated notions which have become barriers to growth.

She also looked at how Jordan has been able to become one of the Arab world’s success stories despite having so few natural resources. Its only real resources are its people.

“All of our governments have work to do in becoming more open and transparent. We must develop the means for receiving and acting on popular concerns and suggestions,” she said. Her focus was on what people can do; she fears that instead of creating a culture of participation, a culture of expectation has been created.

Queen Rania said if nations wanted to thrive in a knowledge-based economy, they must begin with the premise that the best way to acquire knowledge is to share it openly. “Our fellow citizens are the shareholders of the future we hope to build and we need their informed engagement, constructive criticism and strong support.”

Though she believes that privatization is the way to develop an economy, she accepted that despite its benefits, the Jordanian public is still suspicious. The reason, she said, was that the private sector had not done enough to convince the public of the advantages of privatization. But likewise, “skepticism of government intentions is a worldwide phenomenon,” she said.

Queen Rania went on to say that that was why the private sector should not depend on the government to raise public awareness and inform the public. “It’s only with the organized support of independent civic groups that governments can get enough public support to make difficult reforms a genuine reality.”

She said people naturally trusted NGOs more than governments. “That is why I urge you to measure your business strength and success not only by your profit margin but also by your power of persuasion. Channel that power not only upward but throughout society. In practical terms, this means three things: Organization, organization, organization.”

The queen emphasized that governments in the region must find a way to reach out to the public, to listen to its concerns, to answer its questions and to empower it with the information needed to see problems and solutions more clearly.

“Our region can reach beyond the limits of what is to what could be. Your power of persuasion can help light the path to a brighter future for us all,” the queen added.
Attached Images