The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

King renews his confidence in young people</STRONG>
/15/
Al Hashemite University, May 16 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II called on university students to concentrate on the applied side of education as it is the basis for increasing the economic productivity.

LINK

Old 05-17-2006, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

King receives invitation from Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Al Sabah</STRONG>
/20/
Amman, May 16 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II received on Tuesday a letter from the Emir of Kuwait Sheikh Sobah Al Ahmed Al Jaber Al Sabah inviting him to visit Kuwait.

LINK

Old 05-17-2006, 04:22 AM
Heir Apparent

AMMAN, Jordan - Jordan's King Abdullah II ordered an urgent shipment of food supplies to the West Bank and Gaza Strip, the royal palace said in a statement Monday.
LINK
Old 05-17-2006, 04:23 AM
Heir Apparent

AMMAN, May 16 (KUNA) -- King Abdullah II assigned the Minister of High Education to deal with the problems of Palestinian students in Jordan's Universities while a fourth convey of urgent medical supplies is heading to the Palestine.
LINK
Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 AM

Her Majesty on Opra check website

Rania says that being queen is not the trait she defines herself by. "I am not at all conscious of it," she says. "I make a conscious effort not to be conscious of it. Because I'm Rania, you know? People call me 'Queen,' but, you know, that's not meI'm Rania."

There are many perks to being queen, of course, but Rania stresses that there are also responsibilities. "One of the major misconceptions about this position is that people think that I might be far removed, that I might not be in touch with reality," she says. "The honest truth is that my life is very much about dealing with issues on the ground, dealing with the problems that our country faces. That's something I do on a daily basis."

When most people think of queens, they probably think of what they know from fairy tales. "For me, it's just real life," Rania says. "I am a mother. I care about my children. I worry about what they eat. I worry about the influences from their friends."

http://www2.oprah.com/tows/pastshows/200605/tows_past_20060517.jhtml
Old 05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Serene Highness

I just finished watching the Oprah show ...the queens looked beautiful as usual :) here are some pictures from the show ( by me , i mean my camera )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 02.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	244003   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 03.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	244004   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 05.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	244005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 0015.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	244006  

Name:	Rania 0016.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	244007   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 0017.JPG
Views:	74
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	244009   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 0020.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	244010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 0021.JPG
Views:	323
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	244011  

Name:	Rania 0022.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	244012   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rania 0028.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	244013  
Old 05-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Courtier

Sorry,I am still looking for human expressions on Queen's face,there's no expressions when she laughs or smiles,her face it too hard and frozen.
Old 05-17-2006, 03:19 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Thanks Amira
Old 05-17-2006, 03:50 PM
Royal Highness

from petra:
Queen Affirms King's Concern towards Teachers
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10375I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10376I.htm
Old 05-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

from petra:
Queen Participates in meeting of Arab Woman Work Committee
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10369I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10371I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10372I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/May/17/10375I.htm
Old 05-17-2006, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Thank you Amira for the pictures , I hope the Queen will put some weight .
Old 05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Queen Rania was great in Oprah....She is the most beautiful women I ever seen and very smart too..I love her quotes she said in the show!!!
They make the best husbands!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway princess
Queen Rania was great in Oprah....She is the most beautiful women I ever seen and very smart too..I love her quotes she said in the show!!!

what was the quotes ?
Old 05-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Nobility

Does anyone when this eposide appeared and where I can see it again if it has already appreared? Thanks.:)
Old 05-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraib
Does anyone when this eposide appeared and where I can see it again if it has already appreared? Thanks.:)
Please go back to the previous page and read the information that has been posted since Monday regarding the Queen's appearance on Oprah. haanmr has posted a picture in post #32 of this thread. Other information about where to see a transcript or what was said is also in this thread already.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Courtier

I saw the episode. I thought she was very articulate, and very down to earth. I didn't know Rania was pronounced like Ran-ya. I thought it was Ra-ni-a. I should have known better.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Serene Highness

the queen's becomng a regular at Oprah! :) too bad my PC doesn't have audio yet...i would have to wait for Star Network to show it. :(
Old 05-18-2006, 01:55 AM
Gentry

Thumbs up

Thank you !!

Very nice photos indeed

And yes,she is as great as ever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amira
I just finished watching the Oprah show ...the queens looked beautiful as usual :) here are some pictures from the show ( by me , i mean my camera )
Old 05-18-2006, 02:08 AM
Courtier

Well,as a Jordanian I honestly was so disappointed , so were most of the Jordanians here. She did sound down to earth and all and she was nice, but I was so SHOCKED and angry after they showed this 10 mns video recording of three "so-Called" jordanian women!
Those Women do NOT represent Jordanian women, some Jordanian women, have to work their heads off in order to get a few Dinars to HELP support their families...They don't go everyday to the gym to lose Baby fat!! or what did the other women say ummm, "I just look for the American Cereal and buy it for my kids!!", blah blah blah!
The one that pissed me off the most is the women who said " we order once a week from Dominos pizza!).
Some people dun have money to buy bread!!

They showed a couple of pics of where those three women lived, and I tell you at least one of them lives in Abdoun or Swaifieh (which are known to be the highest class areas in Jordan!)

Ah come on for God's sake!! I bet the whole world knows Jordan isn't a rich country and those women (who were showed in Oprah), do not represent 20% of the population!
So why all that?

It's fine showing how such people live, and that there are very open minded and high class people in Jordan, but at least they should have shown the other half of the story, the poor people or even the refugee camps!

I would be even more shocked if QR knew about this short "reportage" and let them show it. I really hope she didn't!

Anyway,
It was nice seeing the Queen, she sounded down to earth, if only they didn't show this silly reportage!
Old 05-18-2006, 02:33 AM
Gentry

Well, i was too :(

But i guess they wanted the world to see that we are not as tehy imagined us to be ..
And yes the Domino Pizza woman and her remarks about fashion and how girls are not afraid these days to show some flesh or something ....

eshi be2arref ...bss ma azon enno kan ma2sood..

It could have helped to show some of the women who benefited from Jordan River projects or the microfinance ones ..Those who the Queen have really assisted in making a better life for themselves and their family ...first it would have showed the real hidden work that she does and do not always appear..and it would have showed that Jordanian women in rural, desert and refugee camps areas are women of great well and that things have really changed since her majesty started her efforts ...that what people need to know all over the world ..not only the united states ...

Again ..i think that this video was good intentioned but could have been better if it showed other REAL women o Jordan ...

But it was nice to hear queen Rania speak and for people to see that veiled or not veiled ..Arab women are of substance ..and they are just like any other women ...

And yes , the cereal thing was uncalled for ...i wonder why she said that as if it was a must to have an American cereal for breakfast to be considered a normal person or accepted by Americans..

I saw teh videao again ..and i have to say now ..am really really disappointed ..

I mean i do adore her , and i know that she is doing her best in showing that Arabs, Muslims and Jordanians are just like any other people ..we are not from Mars ..but they should have not showed only people who are living waaaaaaaay better than most Jordanians ....am sure it was good intentioned by her majesty but this should be reported to her staff ..be real people !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Well,as a Jordanian I honestly was so disappointed , so were most of the Jordanians here. She did sound down to earth and all and she was nice, but I was so SHOCKED and angry after they showed this 10 mns video recording of three "so-Called" jordanian women!
Those Women do NOT represent Jordanian women, some Jordanian women, have to work their heads off in order to get a few Dinars to HELP support their families...They don't go everyday to the gym to lose Baby fat!! or what did the other women say ummm, "I just look for the American Cereal and buy it for my kids!!", blah blah blah!
The one that pissed me off the most is the women who said " we order once a week from Dominos pizza!).
Some people dun have money to buy bread!!

They showed a couple of pics of where those three women lived, and I tell you at least one of them lives in Abdoun or Swaifieh (which are known to be the highest class areas in Jordan!)

Ah come on for God's sake!! I bet the whole world knows Jordan isn't a rich country and those women (who were showed in Oprah), do not represent 20% of the population!
So why all that?

It's fine showing how such people live, and that there are very open minded and high class people in Jordan, but at least they should have shown the other half of the story, the poor people or even the refugee camps!

I would be even more shocked if QR knew about this short "reportage" and let them show it. I really hope she didn't!

Anyway,
It was nice seeing the Queen, she sounded down to earth, if only they didn't show this silly reportage!