General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

Welcome to
King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family
General news thread Part 1

This is the topic where you can post general articles, links to videos, and other news stuff that might not fit anywhere else.

TRF Rules & FAQs
*review before posting*

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright holder.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to reliable published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be removed without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the Royal House of Jordan moderating team.

Happy posting! :flowers:

The Team
dazzling, Humera & Zonk

The Queen and I

from Condé Nast Traveler
September issue

The first thing I said to Her Royal Highness Queen Rania? "God, now that's a cool jeep." It was 4:32 P.M. on a May afternoon, and the queen's helicopter had just landed not far from the colonnades at our cover shoot in Jerash's ancient ruins, in northern Jordan. From the chopper, she drove herself 600 feet in this badass boxy black Mercedes to meet me and photographer Jonas Karlsson. My immediate thought was, Argh, should I have said that? but she laughed it off and stepped into the tricked-out "queenmobile" trailer in which I had left a dozen dress options (more on that in a bit). Eight minutes later we were shooting. The queen arrived with hair and makeup already done (by Serge Norman and Mary Greenwell, no less), and oh was she lovely! Queen Rania is polite, charming, and as beautiful as you'd expect. We talked about her four children and her recent trip to South Africa during the shoot, and she tapped away the whole time on her BlackBerry ...

The Queen and I from Condé Nast Traveler on Concierge.com

Veram98 hi :)
did u get this issue? does it have more pics for her other than the one on the website?
thank you :)

This issue will be avalaible next September.

I hope they have more pics for her in that issue! :)
Thanks for posting!

from Condé Nast Traveler
September issue

The first thing I said to Her Royal Highness Queen Rania? "God, now that's a cool jeep." It was 4:32 P.M. on a May afternoon, and the queen's helicopter had just landed not far from the colonnades at our cover shoot in Jerash's ancient ruins, in northern Jordan. From the chopper, she drove herself 600 feet in this badass boxy black Mercedes to meet me and photographer Jonas Karlsson. My immediate thought was, Argh, should I have said that? but she laughed it off and stepped into the tricked-out "queenmobile" trailer in which I had left a dozen dress options (more on that in a bit). Eight minutes later we were shooting. The queen arrived with hair and makeup already done (by Serge Norman and Mary Greenwell, no less), and oh was she lovely! Queen Rania is polite, charming, and as beautiful as you'd expect. We talked about her four children and her recent trip to South Africa during the shoot, and she tapped away the whole time on her BlackBerry ...

The Queen and I from Condé Nast Traveler on Concierge.com

So, Serge Normant is the hairstylist , this is the link : Jed Root, Inc. Is he her hairstylist or only for the shooting? Because the article says that QRania arrived with hair and makeup already done.
And Mary Greenwell : http://www.premierbeautyworkshop.com/home/about/mary/

Another expert Sarah Chapman is one of QR's favourites as you can see in this article : http://www.cultbeauty.co.uk/expert.php?id=24

Does anyone know what she ranked in the previoues lists?

Forbes names 100 most powerful women

Forbes' Power Women list isn't about celebrity or popularity; it's about influence. Queen Rania of Jordan (No. 75), for instance, is perhaps the most listened-to woman in the Middle East; her Twitter feed has 600,000 followers... - Article

Does anyone know what she ranked in the previoues lists?

She obviously improved her ranking, the last three years she was 81st (2006), 82nd and 96th on the list.

Madonna visits Jordan's Petra ruins

...Madonna, 51, was flown by helicopter into this ancient Roman-era city carved out in red stone in a trip arranged by Queen Rania, the wife of Jordan's King Abdullah II... - Article

how lucky of madonna to have found some time to visit the lovely petra. i wonder whether she met with rania afterwards.

how lucky of madonna to have found some time to visit the lovely petra. i wonder whether she met with rania afterwards.

According to a few reports, her visit to Petra/Jordan only lasted about 15min.
Nothing mentioned that she met with Rania, it was only arranged so far.

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah states, “Primarily, my duty is to partner His Majesty in his efforts to improve the standard of living of all Jordanians. While respecting our traditions, we are determined to build Jordan into a modern civil society and model for the region by ensuring sustainable levels of economic growth and social development. In addition, I work in areas related to child protection and family safety, women’s empowerment, and the creation of opportunities for youth, as well as culture and tourism. Daunting? Yes. Impossible? No. In fact, such challenges energize me.”
When speaking about the role and empowerment of Jordanian women, Queen Rania adds, “The best advertisement for empowering women is an empowered woman.” Not only does she serve as an exemplary figure in Jordan, but also works arduously to increase gender equality in the classrooms and to create greater employment opportunities for all women in Jordan. Through its leadership, the Royal Family provides its people with the foundation, support and inspiration for Jordan’s climate of ingenuousness, tolerance and compassion.
Jordan ~ Rising Medical Hub of the Middle East

Thanks for the link Mademoiselle Lilo.

Unsurprising that the Prince alWaleed Centre has a Saudi at the top of the list....
Having had a quick look at the top names IMHO the list is a complete joke!

Fabulous! I love the fact that Rania beat the misogynistic Sayyed Hassan Nasrullah!

Thanks Veram.

they would not be smart enough if they put her 2nd of Sayyed Hassan Nasrullah !!

Very nice

King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud

Finished ninth

I think

Thank you for a peaceful vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom