General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrities join push for action on UN-backed development targets
...Among the celebrities who are taking a stand against poverty in support of the MDGs are: singer Angelique Kidjo of Benin; football star Ronaldo of Brazil; Queen Rania of Jordan; singer Ricky Martin of Puerto Rico and actress Mia Farrow of the United States...

Outstanding leaders? Think Ban Kyi Moon needs to rephrase. This type of hyperbole is not only misleading it is downright untruthful! They are celebrities with time on their hands to do a bit of charity 'work' in the form of a press conference or a photo opportunity which in turn gives them more publicity. It is quid pro quo. I think it is easy to lecture other people about ending poverty when one is able to step straight back into a multi millionaire lifestyle when the interview is over. The real work is done at grass roots level, not through these people and it is awful that it is these famous people who get the kudos instead of the un named thousands who just get on and help people.

Talk to me about poverty Queen Rania after your half a million dollar pleasure trip!

there was a huge celebration last Friday in Wadi Rum for the queen's birthday ; many guest including Bono ; Bill clinton and his wife ,arab singers and Crown prince of Bahrain Roberto Cavalli , Missi ......Oprah , Nicole Kidman and Jolie did not attend though invited

Ohhh I am sure the celebration was great !!!... I hope we can see some pics ot it !!

Interesting bunch of people, well I guess many of them are her friends.I'd love to see pictures. Did her children attend the birthday bash?

Her Majesty Queen Rania was listed amongst the World’s most powerful women according to Forbes magazine.
Queen Rania among World's 100 Most Powerful Women -Forbes
This is great news, with HM ..Lubna ALgasemi and Sheikh Moza were in the same list, its delightful to see arab women progressing in their achievement.

I'm a little biased to Lubna, because she is not a first lady and could get a rank in this list by managing her country economy in a very tough time

Queen Rania and Mozah usually are in this list all years.

This is great news, with HM ..Lubna ALgasemi and Sheikh Moza were in the same list, its delightful to see arab women progressing in their achievement.

I'm a little biased to Lubna, because she is not a first lady and could get a rank in this list by managing her country economy in a very tough time

You don't have to be a first lady to be on the list. For Lubna being on the list I think that tells you a lot about her & what she is doing in such times for her country & the economy.

Rania is on the list almost every year, she tends to make many of the lists, it doesn't come as a surprise to me.

Queen Rania: third most influential leader in social media

(Office of Her Majesty, Press Department- Amman) – Her Majesty Queen Rania came in third, following Barak Obama and 10 Downing Street in the list of most influential world leaders on the social network Twitter. The list was compiled as part of a report by the Digital Policy Council, according to which, 1 out of 5 heads of state are currently on Twitter and engaging in social networking on the internet.more

Great that KA lauchs this iniciative.

The UN General Assembly (UNGA) on Wednesday adopted an initiative proposed by His Majesty King Abdullah.
UN adopts Kingdom’s interfaith week initiative | Jordan Times

It is great that King Abdullah launched this initiative as there needs more interfaith dialogue where we can focus on what we share in common rather than the differences. As a Hashemite, King Abdullah is continuing in the tradition of his late father King Hussein in building bridges between people. I hope his initiative leads to real results :flowers:

It´s a nice initiative, but Turkish PM created a similar initiative and don´t work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iman looks like she's wearing a lot of make up...

Iman looks like she's wearing a lot of make up...

Personally I don't see the make up, I see a young girl who has grown a-lot in the recent months. I hardly recognized her. Good seeing the King & Queen spending time with their kids, its what any other parent would do & take their kids to a match.

Another picture
http://www.imagebam.com/image/6766bd106521480

Last edited:
yes. matured, but i definitely see eyeliner in the corners of her eyes, probably foundation, powder, eye shadow...idk i wasn't allowed to wear make up at that age, just an observation

Yes asturiana and today is the KH´s anniversary.

Today they are visiting a little village near Barcelona.

More pics of yesterday during the match:
Pic
http://yfrog.com/76qqfwj

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom