General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Rania tells Arab governments to improve education for young
NEW YORK // Queen Rania of Jordan has urged Arab governments to improve education for young people in a region where six million children are kept out of the classroom and more than a quarter of adults - as many as 60 million people - are illiterate.

Queen Rania, Sheikha Mozah Top Arab Women Role Models
DUBAI, Mar 8: Jordan's Queen Rania and the Qatari emir's wife Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser al-Missned are the most popular role models for Arab women, according to a survey by Yahoo! Maktoob Research.
Almost one-fifth of more than 3,600 respondents viewed 40-year-old Queen Rania as a role model for women, while 16% voted for 51-year-old Sheikha Mozah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Women's Day: 10 trendsetters - World - CBC News

Who: Queen Rania Al-Abdullah
What: The 40-year-old Queen of Jordan is one of the most popular and influential figures in the Middle East. Dedicated to humanitarian causes, Rania's social initiatives include the Jordan River Children Program, which advocates for children's welfare, and the Madrasati ("My School") Foundation, which rebuilds and repairs poorly resourced local schools in Jordan and East Jerusalem.

In Jordan, Journalist Who Criticized Queen Rania Fired
Samir Barhoum, editor of the Jordanian government daily The Jordan Times, yesterday informed veteran journalist Randa Habib that she would no longer be writing her column for the paper, without explanation....Source

Jordan, the Middle East tech hub ?
The Jordanians, reined by a tech savvy Queen and King, are indulging full support from their Abdallah II and Rania to their ideas, creativity and thus, their start ups and businesses.
King Abdullah II of Jordan, the youngest of kings in the region, half British, has told once the BBC in 2004 that he hoped to make his country the tech hub of the Middle East.

In Jordan, Journalist Who Criticized Queen Rania Fired
Samir Barhoum, editor of the Jordanian government daily The Jordan Times, yesterday informed veteran journalist Randa Habib that she would no longer be writing her column for the paper, without explanation....Source
That's a bit disturbing news to me. Although Jordan is a realm universal values like freedom of speech and writing should not be infringed upon. Even if criticism is levelled at the monarchs.
Do you know more about the content of the article and the reason for the journalist's critisism of the queen?

:previous:Please refer to earlier pages of this thread on this issue, including the statement by the Royal Court. Randa Habib did not personally criticize the queen and she was not fired, the column she writes for the Jordan Times has been suspended for now. Her column still appears in other Jordanian media. She actually works for AFP (and still does).

Jordan Islamists urge Morocco-style reform
AMMAN — Jordan's Islamists urged King Abdullah II on Monday to carry out reforms similar to measures taken this month by his Moroccan counterpart, saying there was no need for a dialogue commission.
"King Abdullah knows the meaning of real reform, which does not need a committee to initiate dialogue," Zaki Bani Rsheid, head of political office of the Islamic Action Front (IAF), told AFP.

I would just like to say that they are such a cool family and the king, what a guy so laid back and friendly and what an adventurer he is. Jordan is so lucky to have a king like Abdullah II.

National unity should remain intact - King
PETRA - His Majesty King Abdullah on Sunday underlined the need to preserve national unity and to refrain from any behaviour or action that might harm social cohesion.
“What matters at this stage is that no one tampers with national unity,” the King said yesterday as he emphasised that Jordan will seriously and boldly proceed with political reforms

Jordan government bans supporters from Amman demos
King calls for protection of national unity

During my visit to Jordan I was lucky enough to be present when King Abdullah came to Petra last Sunday.

Many people gathered to watch the "show" when the King arrived in a convoi of six lookalike black Range Rovers. When he left, I was able to take some pictures, see attached.

Security was high and when the King left he jumped into one of the - certainly armored - cars and his five personal bodyguards hung themselves outside the car, one guy on each of the side doors plus one guy on the back door :ROFLMAO:

The atmosphere was friendly, some people gave their written petition to the guards and were chanting pro-King phrases. There were protesters too but they were only allowed after the King had arrived and was out of sight :)

Attachments

• CSC_0580.jpg
    CSC_0580.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 340
  • CSC_0581.jpg
    CSC_0581.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 387
  • CSC_0582.jpg
    CSC_0582.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 321
nice pics thanks for sharing Duke of Marmalade.
I wonder what was the event?
the guys in the old roman clothes looks odd to me. they are the king guards?

nice pics thanks for sharing Duke of Marmalade.
I wonder what was the event?
the guys in the old roman clothes looks odd to me. they are the king guards?

its was actually an event, the King visited the Petra visitor center. the guys outsite are dressed as Nabateans, who used to live in the ancient town of Petra. they did a presentation to the King and at the end he shook everyone's hand.

:previous: sound like fun,I hope that the king enjoyed the spectacle.
thanks Duke of Marmalade:flowers:

Thanks for sharing your fotos Duke of Marmalade :flowers:.

Thanks for sharing this information Duke!

On being a mother: Queen Rania says she doesn't think of herself as royalty at heart.
She is intelligent, beautiful, gorgeous, and glamorous –she is Queen Rania of Jordan. One of the most intriguing women—a working mother and queen, she is a modern monarch who speaks up for the rights of women. Meet the Queen of Jordan on Oprah Winfrey Show on April 8, Friday at 9.00 pm on BIG CBS LOVE.

is that mean the Queen will visit US the next days?

On being a mother: Queen Rania says she doesn't think of herself as royalty at heart.
She is intelligent, beautiful, gorgeous, and glamorous –she is Queen Rania of Jordan. One of the most intriguing women—a working mother and queen, she is a modern monarch who speaks up for the rights of women. Meet the Queen of Jordan on Oprah Winfrey Show on April 8, Friday at 9.00 pm on BIG CBS LOVE.

is that mean the Queen will visit US the next days?
Again in Oprah Show? I have thought, she has learned something from the criticism. I hope this is only a repetition.

I think you're right asturiana.
Another usual visit to US to met Oprah and attend the silly charity events of her celebrities friends that would be (and sorry to say that) stupidity.

I think it is a repeat, because I think I remember the queen saying some of these things in the last Oprah interview.

I think you're right asturiana.
Another usual visit to US to met Oprah and attend the silly charity events of her celebrities friends that would be (and sorry to say that) stupidity.
Agreed. That's a relevant comment.
I'm wondering if she ends up at Oprah. If so, nothing except for a rerun without anything truly significant is going to arise from this. :ermm:

Again in Oprah Show? I have thought, she has learned something from the criticism. I hope this is only a repetition.

It could be a video'd interview, I would also be surprised if she went to the States anytime soon.

I would just like to say that they are such a cool family and the king, what a guy so laid back and friendly and what an adventurer he is. Jordan is so lucky to have a king like Abdullah II.
I agree, they're great and her style is fab. I'll be watching Oprah for sure:)

Was anyone able to watch the Oprah show with Queen Rania? Could you tell us about it please.

I think it is a repeat, because I think I remember the queen saying some of these things in the last Oprah interview.

Maybe it's a repeat, but Queen Rania used to repeat the same speech in her interiews since years, and people are tired and aware, especially when the truth and reality is there and it's not what she's showing on western medias...

Well now time showed that she's not that intelligent when she made the choice of this way communication for propaganda instead of taking a low profile and working without fuss.

There is no mention of any interview of Queen Rania's being aired the Oprah's April 8 show: Incredible "Where Are They Now?" Follow-Ups! - Oprah.com
You can even watch the preview of the show and it makes no mention of Rania.

The article in question is from India where a local channel was probably airing an old episode of Oprah. That's why the interview excerpt sounds familiar.

It's unfortunate how quick some of us can attack but not bother to do a bit of background checking.

Last edited:
Was anyone able to watch the Oprah show with Queen Rania? Could you tell us about it please.

Queen Rania on Oprah?? Is this true considering the situation in ME i thought she might keep it low!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom