The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I kind of suspected this response. The story didn't make sense. A lot of reports regarding the JRF from Israeli sources have proved to be false. Remember the one about the royal family's dog being treated in Israel which turned out to be a fabrication and the newspaper even apologized for it.
It's a pity but it happens even in Canada.
That is right Humera .. KA and QR divorce rumors too

Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The hypocritical multi-culti Queen Rania of Jordan

Queen Rania of Jordan wrote a lovely little children's book, "The Sandwich Swap," stressing multi culturalism and accepting another's culture. Based on differences in school lunches - the American-American girl prefers peanut butter and jelly while the Arab-American girl munches on hummus and pita - leading to food fights, a party, and eventual understanding and acceptance, the book zoomed to the NY Times best seller list after Rania promoted the English version on television with Barbara Walters and Oprah.
American Thinker Blog: The hypocritical multi-culti Queen Rania of Jordan

Old 07-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

King awarded Honorary Doctorate by Jerusalem University
Gaza, July 22 (Petra)--The Board of Trustees of Jerusalem University (Abu Deis) has on Thursday conferred an Honorary Doctorate on His Majesty King Abdullah II in appreciation of his stances to defend the holy city and his efforts to boost the historically longstanding Jordanian-Palestinian ties.
Jordan Directions King awarded Honorary Doctorate by Jerusalem University
Old 07-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Courtier

According to greek magazines and newspapers, Queen Rania was in Greece from June 12 for a few days trip, she stayed in a new luuxurious hotel called Costa Navarino, in region of Messinia, in southwest Peloponnese. I didn't find any photos.
This is the hotel : www.costanavarino.gr
In the same hotel stayed David Beckam and his wife Victoria.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative - Morocco

last year to she visited Greece during her holiday i think there is some pictures of her there.
thanks for the info Godiva.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mademoiselle Lilo View Post
last year to she visited Greece during her holiday i think there is some pictures of her there.
thanks for the info Godiva.
You are welcome M Lilo! I wish I could find photos from this year visit in Greece!
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Rania signed for The Food Revolution
Jamie's Food Revolution USA | Campaign for healthy eating | Jamie Oliver
Old 08-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

A Malaysian pastry chef who worked for the King & Queen, discusses Jordan and the family. Worth the read.

Sweet life in Jordan

...“My job offer was from the Royal Palace of Jordan and I was supposed to work in the banquet kitchen in Nadwa Palace in Amman. But later, chef Sands told me of a change of plan. I was to work for one to two weeks at the ‘private house’ (palace) of King Abdullah II, Queen Rania and their children because of a staff shortage. However, I learnt that I would be posted back to Nadwa once the new kitchen was ready.

“I was taken by surprise that I would be serving King Abdullah and his family most of the time. At Nadwa, my job responsibility was mostly to serve the management staff and guests,” says Chiew.

After two months, he felt confident when he received positive feedback on his performance and that the king and queen liked his desserts. He was elated when he was signed on for a one-year contract, renewable if his employers were satisfied with his work.

“I felt it was a great honour to work for their Majesties. It was a new experience to work for the royal family compared with hotels back home,” he says.

His job included preparing meals for the royal family and their guests. He was also involved in state banquets for the special guests of their Majesties...
Full article
Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Courtier

Robert Fisk: Why Jordan is occupied by Palestinians - Robert Fisk, Commentators - The Independent

Quote1:
And they are patriotic enough to have sent an open letter to King Abdullah, expressing their fears that Israeli plans for the West Bank and "a fifth column of collaborators" within Jordan who support US policy in the region – their identity is left dangerously unspecified – may destroy their country.

Quote2:
This is the first serious opposition to emerge against King Abdullah since he succeeded his father, Hussein, who died in 1999.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Courtier

washingtonpost.com

An interesting article in the Washington Post this morning...
Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
washingtonpost.com

An interesting article in the Washington Post this morning...
it's very frustrating and i'm becoming more and more disillusioned with the inner workings of jordan...i think KA and QR have the gift of charisma and plenty of glorified propaganda on their sides to help the rest of the world forget how things truly are there

i was especially shocked by the low wages of teachers and the firings of protesters, what with QR's education initiatives and constant worship of teachers, why aren't they paid better? course teachers in america aren't paid much better either but i imagine it's more than jordan
Old 08-21-2010, 06:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the shocking yet informative article! I can't believe that in 2010 there are still people who struggle for some crumbs of democracy. I mean, they can't even protest or ask for better conditions or higher salaries! Words fail me... They deserve more!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

people in Jordan can not speak freely but this article did express many true facts instead of them ...
if you noticed their last trip was too short I have read many harsh comments of their departure news
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Please note that several off topic posts that deal with democracy in Jordan, the roles of King Abdullah and Queen Rania in said democracy, questionable finance deals, etc. have been deleted.

I would like to direct everyone to the following TRF rules:
  • Political and religious content is permitted only in association with the royal-related topics of the threads.
  • Whenever possible, opinions should be based on factual information obtained from reputable sources and should be backed up by references to those sources. The moderators reserve the right to delete posts containing the more fanciful types of gossip and speculation, whether they originate in gossip magazines and websites or are simply fabricated.
Please note that such polticial discussions that were previously discussed are outside TRF's scope and as such these discussions should be held in an appropriate political forum.

Any and all future political posts will be deleted WITHOUT notice.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact any Jordan Forums moderators and/or TRF administrators via Private Message.

Zonk
Jordan Forums Moderator

Old 08-30-2010, 11:14 AM
Royal Highness

Hellomagazine has a special about Ranias birthday.

A unique portrait: Queen Rania of Jordan at 40
HELLO! - The place for daily celebrity news - hellomagazine.com

Anyone has this issue?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

i have seen this photo before its not new.but its lovely.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

I agree! Does anyone possess this unique photo?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, its an old photo. I dont have seen the magazine.

Queen Rania of Jordan turns 40 (hellomagazine.com)
http://www.ansa.it/web/notizie/photo...789966945.html (ansa.it)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

I see. Anyway thanks for these links, asturiana. I have seen some of the picts for the first time. Very nice!
Old 09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Celebrities join push for action on UN-backed development targets
...Among the celebrities who are taking a stand against poverty in support of the MDGs are: singer Angelique Kidjo of Benin; football star Ronaldo of Brazil; Queen Rania of Jordan; singer Ricky Martin of Puerto Rico and actress Mia Farrow of the United States...