General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their absence is completely understandable considering the current circumstances in the region.

Their absence is completely understandable considering the current circumstances in the region.

I agree for me it would be abnormal if anyone from them attended , the region is boiling ..

I didn't expect to see Rania or the king in the wedding because of circumstances in Jordan and ME however I think one from JRF should attended given "the how" good the relation between the two families..

I expected to see a representative of a family member.

I expected to see at least a representative but obviously King Abdullah decided against it. One might say he was being overly cautious but when you think about it, its better to be safe than risk more criticism.
Queen Rania watched the wedding on tv with her kids.

I thought the Jordanian royals were invited to the wedding.

It would be safe to assume that the formal invitation was extended for the reigning couple to attend the wedding. Given the volatile situation in the region, it was expedient for them to stay at home.

Me too but i think it`s a good decision .. their participation may lead to the failure of HM`s efforts to solve the problem of political reform in Jordan IMO.

I thought the Jordanian royals were invited to the wedding.
They were .. But the family apologized later because of the current political situation in the Middle East

Smart move by the JRF not to be represented at the wedding today. I think had they attended it would have made an already bad situation worse (although I did miss seeing Rania among all the other royal ladies!)

Jordan has actually been mentioned as one of the places where the newlyweds might honeymoon. Catherine spent a couple of years in Amman when she was a toddler and a British commentator on the CBC mentioned that she's keen to go back for a visit.
Who knows, we might see them with the Jordanian royals soon.

i actually don't think things is that bad in Jordan it's not a Syria,Yemen or Libya ...the royal family still popular and well respect by the majority of jordanian unrest and protests didn't reach the king maybe QRania a little but the rest of the family are safe from criticism...i didn't expect to see QRania maybe she needed to stay home,attending sush event could harm her image home more while the king is so involved in the recent reforms announced i don't think he have time however JRF should be represnted in that wedding a senior member could easily do the job Imo.

I agree KA could've sent someone else, perhaps Queen Noor?
I think this is just a case of the king being more cautious than usual. Who knows what the western media might have said if any member of the royal family had attended, there might have been allusions to the events of the past couple of months. I guess they simply didn't want to stir the pot once again.
Although I have to admit that since the foreign royals at this wedding have been so low profile, I don't find the Jordanian royals' absence that noticeable. But Rania and Noor are fairly well known in London so perhaps they would've been the exception.

i actually don't think things is that bad in Jordan it's not a Syria,Yemen or Libya ...the royal family still popular and well respect by the majority of jordanian unrest and protests didn't reach the king maybe QRania a little but the rest of the family are safe from criticism...i didn't expect to see QRania maybe she needed to stay home,attending sush event could harm her image home more while the king is so involved in the recent reforms announced i don't think he have time however JRF should be represnted in that wedding a senior member could easily do the job Imo.

I agree with you that the JRF are better than other royals in the Middle East & they should be represented, but I think KA can not expose the family to criticism because of this participation especially now after his success in providing an acceptable solution for his country`s problems. Queen Noor :ermm: i dont think her relationship with the king is good to represent him or the royal family , even (Petra) the official news agency did not cover her activities during her visit to Jordan last week

Last edited:
King Abdullah says in his book very frankly that the relationship went "cold" when he decided to remove the Crown Prince title from her son. It doesnt sound like they even speak.

I think its an interesting theory to say that in case there is a honeymoon, Wills & Kate might spend it in Jordan where they wont be bothered with paparazzi, catch up with the JRF and Wills is being shown the places where his wife grew up.

i want ask again , why no body go from royal of jordan? becuase they wernt invited? or becuase they dont want go ? :)

Because of our region`s political circumstances .. they apologized!!!

Alarabiya news channel had highlighted the Arab leaders presence to the British royal wedding and said crown prince of Bahrain prince Salman along with king Abudulllah and queen Rania apologized for attending the wedding while prince Hamad of Qatar and his wife sheikha Moza ,crown prince of Emirates Mhammad bin zayid confirmed their attendance
Saudi Arabia would be represented by the ambassador of Saudi Arabia in Britain prince Mhammad bin Nawwaf and Morroco to be represented by the king's wife princess lalla Salma

here is the link
YouTube - ‫

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Thanks for confirming that Rossina and zeinaaaaa. It is as I suspected and explains why KA and QR's name appeared on the official list of invited guests but not on the official list of guests who had confirmed their attendance.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates!:flowers:
Both sites provides a good summary of activities and initiatives of Their Majesties. I liked the fact that King Abdullah's family gallery includes photos of his brothers and sisters.

Friends in high places
The audience was highly select – in fact, there were only a handful of people – King Abdullah, Queen Rania, the Indian businessmen and a few close friends. The mujra was an entertainment financed by the Indians, who do big business with Jordan. And this is not the limit of Kiran’s international exposure; she has made many friends in high places.

Jordan's King Abdullah II announces sweeping reforms

(CNN) -- Jordan's King Abdullah II announced sweeping reforms in a nationally televised address Sunday, promising to establish a parliamentary majority government -- a key demand of protesters calling for changes to the regime.

Jordan's King Abdullah II announces sweeping reforms - CNN.com

the full text of KA’s speech on the occasion of Arab Revolt, Army Day and Coronation Day on Sunday (June 12, 2011):

‘No one in Jordan has a monopoly on reform’ | Jordan Times

Is Jordan's King Losing Control over the Bedouin? :: Hudson New York
The Bedouin minority in Jordan has been critical of the king for some time, with some people calling for a constitutional monarchy and others calling for toppling the Hashemite regime.
The Bedouin control the Jordanian army and the security agencies; will we see the regime in Jordan falling at the hands of its formerly-loyal Bedouin?
Since the establishment of the Hashemite rule -- on the Eastern part of the British Mandate for Palestine in 1921 -- the Hashemites have been following the classic policy of divide and conquer by turning the Bedouin minority into their own army, and banning everyone else from joining.
This dependency on the rule of the minority worked out for the Hashemites when they occupied Judea and Samaria in 1948 and ruled the Palestinian population west of the Jordan River. It also served them well later, in 1970, when the Palestinian Liberation Organization was competing with King Hussein over who should rule Jordan.

Is Jordan's King Losing Control over the Bedouin? :: Hudson New York
The Bedouin minority in Jordan has been critical of the king for some time, with some people calling for a constitutional monarchy and others calling for toppling the Hashemite regime.
The Bedouin control the Jordanian army and the security agencies; will we see the regime in Jordan falling at the hands of its formerly-loyal Bedouin?
Since the establishment of the Hashemite rule -- on the Eastern part of the British Mandate for Palestine in 1921 -- the Hashemites have been following the classic policy of divide and conquer by turning the Bedouin minority into their own army, and banning everyone else from joining.
This dependency on the rule of the minority worked out for the Hashemites when they occupied Judea and Samaria in 1948 and ruled the Palestinian population west of the Jordan River. It also served them well later, in 1970, when the Palestinian Liberation Organization was competing with King Hussein over who should rule Jordan.
what this mean ? in last , what will hapen?

that's intersting article thanks for sharing.:flowers:
I would love to ask our Jordanians friends her on TRF about what is that mean exactly?
The Bedouin who come out with that famous report critising Rania?

even though I don't see King Abdullah rule in danger.

Many criticisms of Queen Rania seem to have been because she eclipsed her husband and in a male dominated society. That does not bode well for a king, that in the eyes of his subjects, seems to let his wife do her own thing.

In this I think the cult following that she has built up, much as the ardent followers of Diana in her day, though mostly fashion and charity fans, has worked against her husband's interests. There have been suggestions that he has allowed her to use him for Jordanian interests. True or not, the mere suggestion has opened a can of worms.

It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the respect and trust of the Bedouin.

Many criticisms of Queen Rania seem to have been because she eclipsed her husband and in a male dominated society. That does not bode well for a king, that in the eyes of his subjects, seems to let his wife do her own thing.

In this I think the cult following that she has built up, much as the ardent followers of Diana in her day, though mostly fashion and charity fans, has worked against her husband's interests. There have been suggestions that he has allowed her to use him for Jordanian interests. True or not, the mere suggestion has opened a can of worms.

It will be interesting to see if Abdullah can regain the respect and trust of the Bedouin.

I agree with you ; many did not get well with the idea that she stole the show from him and on the expense of the poor country , there were times where she had her own business trips while the King is almost disappearing as Jordan's role externally ... this was not the case during KH reign ..this is the case from outside but deep inside corruption is the biggest problem and serious steps are needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom